Katarina's Benzova absence

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Then why do you keep insisting she only wants money? Do you know whether she has proof or not? Or are you just being an asshole?

Because of this. In relation to the supposed sexual haressment she only mentions economic damages. What about the mental and physical consequences of being abused? She only wants money. But you are not prepared for this conversation.

1215. The actions of FERNANDO LEBEIS, the manager of GUNS N’ ROSES, toward Plaintiff, his direct subordinate, as described herein,hostile sexual work environment which materially altered Plaintiff’s working conditions and which constitutes sexual harassment in violation of Gov’t Code § 12940(j)(1). As a direct, foreseeable and proximate result of Defendant’s unlawful actions, Plaintiff has suffered economic damages, benefits, and other compensation.

1217. Defendant committed the acts herein despicably, maliciously, fraudulently and oppressively, with the wrongful intention of inuring Plaintiff, from an improper and evil motive amounting to malice, and in conscious disregard of the rights and safety of plaintiff and others. Plaintiff is this entitled to recover punitive damages from Defendant in an amount according to proof.

4 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

I mean, you can close the topic but people will still talk about it. It is big news

It is, but all that's going to happen are arguments, fights and some sexist or judgemental comments. 

Maybe the thread just isn't for me. I can always choose not to read it. 

1 minute ago, Leandro Jose said:

Because of this. In relation to the supposed sexual haressment she only mentions economic damages. What about the mental and physical consequences of being abused? She only wants money. But you are not prepared for this conversation.

Dummy, the document states how she suffered mentally from her experience of sexual harassment by him. But there's no point in arguing with a potential predator. Go on. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rodela said:

As a Mexican, Beta will probably side with her sons and family until the end. She overprotects Axl, figuratively building a wall around him, so it's logical she'll do the same to her hijos.

Ah yes, Beta from that famous management firm 'Team Mexico'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rodela said:

I think she avoided texting them because she would put Duff in a very tough position. He's 1000000% anti-harassment and a champion of feminism. Can you imagine how the tour would continue if he became aware of the incidents? He would beat the punk out of Fernando. Duff is a tough guy, especially on the road.

She was probably protecting the GNR family she loved so much despite Fernando and Beta sexual attacks.

well, that's possible.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It is, but all that's going to happen are arguments, fights and some sexist or judgemental comments. 

Maybe the thread just isn't for me. I can always choose not to read it. 

I totally get your point, especially with the last couple of pages. People will troll even with stuff like this, which should be taken very seriously. But I don't think closing the topic is the way to go

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leandro Jose said:

1215. The actions of FERNANDO LEBEIS, the manager of GUNS N’ ROSES, toward Plaintiff, his direct subordinate, as described herein,hostile sexual work environment which materially altered Plaintiff’s working conditions and which constitutes sexual harassment in violation of Gov’t Code § 12940(j)(1). As a direct, foreseeable and proximate result of Defendant’s unlawful actions, Plaintiff has suffered economic damages, benefits, and other compensation.

1217. Defendant committed the acts herein despicably, maliciously, fraudulently and oppressively, with the wrongful intention of inuring Plaintiff, from an improper and evil motive amounting to malice, and in conscious disregard of the rights and safety of plaintiff and others. Plaintiff is this entitled to recover punitive damages from Defendant in an amount according to proof.

Lol, who gives a fuck if she just wants money. If the GNR- camp abused her and if Fernando was a creep, I hope she gets it

• Like 3

"The suit asserts that Benzova had tried to use written contracts with Guns N' Roses repeatedly since 2016, but her efforts were ignored. It further states that in October of 2022, Lebeis cut ties with Benzova and cited various reasons for her termination, including "budgetary concerns." It adds that Benzova believes that Lebeis discriminated against her because she rejected his alleged sexual advances, and claims another photographer for the band, Jarmo, wasn't treated in the same regard as she was.

Read More: Guns N' Roses Facing Copyright Lawsuit, Band Responds | https://loudwire.com/former-guns-n-roses-photographer-suing-band-copyright-infringement-manager-sexual-harrassment/?1234&utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral"

Is Jarmo a common name?  Is or wasn't there a forum led by a Jarmo?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodela said:

I think she avoided texting them because she would put Duff in a very tough position. He's 1000000% anti-harassment and a champion of feminism. Can you imagine how the tour would continue if he became aware of the incidents? He would beat the punk out of Fernando. Duff is a tough guy, especially on the road.

She was probably protecting the GNR family she loved so much despite Fernando and Beta sexual attacks.

Actually, I bet Duff would look at his bank account

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Dummy, the document states how she suffered mentally from her experience of sexual harassment by him. But there's no point in arguing with a potential predator. Go on. 

There’s always someone who will defend Nando… I’m sure TB trolls are all over these threads..

thing is, people have been “joking” about him on various ways of being incompetent and “creepy”, women mostly, and while I am firm on making sure someone isn’t defamed publicly, it seems most of us aren’t at all surprised at this. that says a lot. Plus his attitude and general vibe towards fans has been, interesting to say the least.

someone had said previously about how the RS statement seems like it only covered the copyright stuff at the sexual harassment stuff is the curve ball, after re-reading I somewhat agree.

really curious to see how this all plays out. As a woman, in this industry no less, I believe her.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Omg those cheap fucks are using Jarmo as a photographer? :rofl-lol:

not only that but also doubling and tripling down on defending Fernando being a sex pest by saying “well he didn’t sexually harass Jarmo ” which somehow means Kat is lying. 

Edited by AxlRQ93

3 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

There’s always someone who will defend Nando… I’m sure TB trolls are all over these threads..

thing is, people have been “joking” about him on various ways of being incompetent and “creepy”, women mostly, and while I am firm on making sure someone isn’t defamed publicly, it seems most of us aren’t at all surprised at this. that says a lot. Plus his attitude and general vibe towards fans has been, interesting to say the least.

someone had said previously about how the RS statement seems like it only covered the copyright stuff at the sexual harassment stuff is the curve ball, after re-reading I somewhat agree.

really curious to see how this all plays out. As a woman, in this industry no less, I believe her.

I believe her not because she Is a woman, I believe her because she has receipts, interesting when she was in Brazil  in 2022 she was happy in her instagram...and suddenly she was in USA...AND the tour keep going

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I believe her not because she Is a woman, I believe her because she has receipts, interesting when she was in Brazil  in 2022 she was happy in her instagram...and suddenly she was in USA...AND the tour keep going

Oh I agree with you. It really bothers me that some pricks are questioning this as it’s clear she has receipts. She’s pointing out specifics dates and instances going back 10yrs, plus mentioning emails and texts. I mean…. We’ll see I guess. Sucks that this happened, but it (SADLY) happens all the time.

• Like 1

90. Benzova received no healthcare from GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS. 91. Benzova received no insurance benefits from GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS. 92. When injured on job, tearing rotator cuff, Benzova paid her own medical bills. 93. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not pay unemployment taxes . 94. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not pay social security taxes. 95. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not provide any employee benefits. 96. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not provide or contribute to unemployment insurance or worker’s compensation fund. 97. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not withhold federal income taxes, FICA, or state income taxes.

Note to self, dont take a job with GNR

More specifically, members of GNR and TEAM BRAZIL- Fernando Lebeis, Vanessa Lebeis, Duff McKagan, Slash, Brian Klein, and Jeff Varner (Slash’s Manager)-all had access to private drop box where the Benzova Photographs were delivered and offered for distribution.

So Richard, Frank Dizzy and Melissa don't get a say in pictures using them? Damn

Edited by GNR4Ever2024
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

90. Benzova received no healthcare from GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS. 91. Benzova received no insurance benefits from GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS. 92. When injured on job, tearing rotator cuff, Benzova paid her own medical bills. 93. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not pay unemployment taxes . 94. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not pay social security taxes. 95. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not provide any employee benefits. 96. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not provide or contribute to unemployment insurance or worker’s compensation fund. 97. GNR/GUNDAM/TEAM BRAZIL/LEBEIS did not withhold federal income taxes, FICA, or state income taxes.

More specifically, members of GNR and TEAM BRAZIL- Fernando Lebeis, Vanessa Lebeis, Duff McKagan, Slash, Brian Klein, and Jeff Varner (Slash’s Manager)-all had access to private drop box where the Benzova Photographs were delivered and offered for distribution.

So Richard, Frank Dizzy and Melissa didn't get a say in pictures using them? Damn

Well, if she was 1099, she wouldn't get a lot of those benefits and would do her own taxes. Although, California is very pro- worker and it might be different there. 

EDIT- Also, probably not in regards to Richard and co. They may have signed a social media policy or something similar- all photos taken can be used at the employer's discretion or something. 

Edited by ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, Spoon87 said:

Well that Rammstein motherfucker didn't have to face any consequences for raping drugged up fans and him and his band continue to tour the world anyway so maybe all this will have no consequences for GNR either. It's only the manager and not the lead singer.

I dont think any of us want something to happen to the band, just to the nannys son. 

its not even clear if Axl or any of the guys knew about this stuff as Fernando was blocking the photographer acess to them so..

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Manfisman said:

I don't think the band necessarily knows the contract situation and even less the sexual allegations. Fortus being the ex, I don't think he is cool with this at all. I doubt either Axl, Slash or Duff knows about the sexual harassment because I don't think they would cover him at all. Fernando is not someone that you need to cover up, he is only there because Axl likes the family, so I think that if they knew about it, he would be fired already. 

Honestly I can only imagine organisations like GNR are rife with gossip. No way has all this been going on for 6 years with nobody hearing even a rumour or a whisper. Two things immediately spring to mind -

1. The culture in any organisation comes from the top down. Nobody behaves this brazenly at work unless they know they have tacit approval or won't be taken to task for it.

2. People turn a blind eye to all kinds of stuff everyday -sometimes for quite minor acts of self preservation. You can times that by 1000 when billions of dollars are at stake if you upset the apple cart.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

So Richard, Frank Dizzy and Melissa didn't get a say in pictures using them? Damn

I think that’s part of her claim that she was kept as an “independent contractor/freelancer” - having had jobs like this, you aren’t entitled to any benefits unless you work **I think** 1250 hours in a year (in some states maybe less/more I’m not a labor lawyer)

I’ve had gigs not schedule me in Dec at all because I’d hit that number and they’d owe me insurance the next calendar year. If I had to guess, only employees of Team Brazil directly and *maybe the band members got insurance and benefits through these companies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoon87 said:

Funny thing is, I always thought "Team Brazil" was a nickname you guys gave the Lebeis family. I would have never thought that they go by that monicker themselves.

I could be wrong but it started as a joke in like 2009 and obviously went to their heads

• Haha 1