What is the future of Guns N Roses 2024 onwards?

12 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

16-13? Are we going backwards to include the DJ era too? 😆

No no, from the beginning of the Not in This Lifetime tour til now, it started April 2016, yep that's how long this reunion nightrain has been going :headbang:

"Not in This Lifetime" would be a cool name for the new album btw.

4 minutes ago, YourRocketDing said:

No no, from the beginning of the Not in This Lifetime tour til now, it started April 2016, yep that's how long this reunion nightrain has been going :headbang:

"Not in This Lifetime" would be a cool name for the new album btw.

I know, he has a funny typo! Yes, a proper Vinyl gatefold would be awesome with modern live era..Axl defo need to do some overdubs if it's post '16/17 though. Are there any good fan made best of the 7 years? 

Well we already know there's plans for SMKC to tour, but the Creed reunion announcement pretty much confirms it.

Everyone from Alter Bridge, bar Myles, is in that band. So with Myles now free, and no confirmed GN'R tour dates, it looks like an SMKC tour for at least some of next year is a certainty.

I think it's time for a hiatus. 

You can't keep touring forever by just adding some deepcuts. 

They haven't written anything together and it seems like they have only reworked a few songs that may or may not come out at some point. 

Let Slash tour next year and do his solo album. Make a come back on late 25 with hopefully a completely new show.

My post is not a humorus one like some here...I  lack   sense of humor.

2024 Continue with the Continuing in tis lifetime tour.

Hit some  major USA cities and bypass some due to variuos reasons. Europe, Japan, Australia...and a few big countries again....and agian for 2024 being the 6th year.

No new music. Pointless from a legal standpoint and each of the 3 men are too differnt,too set in their ways, have their personal life  influences your writing. Slash and Duff, their lives are more similar. Fans a e fine with the no music. These 3 guys are selling out all over the world . Same show,music,extra staff,...do not break what is not broken.

On their own,Slash has his own company,band. Music. 

The other two have their own things.

All is happy.

Sorum, Stradlin, Adler will continue to be people  from the past, 40 years ago.

When will the Never Ending Tour in this Lifetime End?

I think Dec. 2024. the earilest.   Dec.2025 the latest.

Edited by Amaya

What the future of GNR is versus what I'd like it to be are probably two opposing different things.

For so long I just wanted to see Slash and Axl back on stage again and I find remind myself regularly of this fact and I'd rather have them 'active' than not at all. Even if that does mean just as a touring band and nothing else. I sure would miss them if they just faded away into obscurity. 

I also remind myself that the band has always been dysfunctional from the very start (it was practically their branding!) and although you'd be forgiven to think that time and maturity would provide a more substantial grounding for them, I guess old habits die hard. Hence why my expectations for a new album are constantly in check. 

As for the future. Just having them around and being able to follow each gig on here and appreciate them is where I'm at, personally. The dream would, of course, be to have a new album but honestly I don't sense that will come but I hope I'm proved wrong. Having some new tracks once in a while would be a 'nice-to-have' but if I want that to happen then I do set myself up for possible disappointment. So right now, I think they'll probably do shorter tours as of 2024 and keep the engine running. 

To me, GNR are like Christmas. 30-years ago it was magic, but seeing as we've all grown up and life goes on, it's still good but trying to recapture that original feeling is pretty much impossible for me personally but I'm still grateful to have a watered down version so to speak. Sometimes reality and expectations don't align and I'm cool with that.

Edited by BingBing
Grammar
  • Like 3

They don't have a future. Just tour, sell as much merch, and collect as many paydays as possible until the wheels fall off (Axl's voice). Axl will likely retire in the next 3-5 years with enough cash for his Brazilian leeches to retire to their own private island. He's working like a mule for them. $lash will keep playing at Bar Mitzvahs, store openings, birthday parties, etc  for as little as 200 bucks and a plate of bbq ribs. Like Axl said, he'll play with anyone from Space Ghost to Snoop Dogg. Recycling the same butt rock riffs he's been playing since Snakepit. Duff "Punk Rock" McKagan will release another shitty album and write another lousy book where he can name drop his good friends from Nirvana to burnish his punk rock cred. Maybe he can write another cringe apology letter to Krist and Dave about his bad behavior at the 92 MTV VMAs. When they do actually retire, this band will only release shitty merch like candles and magnets. The archival stuff like the Illusion tour, demos, etc are all lost in time.

All I care about is the Axl biography and the Chinese Democracy boxset. There is nothing else this band has to offer. I'd say the mid-90's demos would be another goldmine but those sadly have no vocals. They'll never release that tour footage because it would blow up their image with the politically correct crowd. That's also why you'll never see a GnR biography. Slash is out there saying that he thinks the biographies are corny and not realistic. Bullshit. He's scared of the dirt a biography would uncover. Imagine a segment of the movie dedicated to the hell house days, one in  a million, the rape charges, Axl beating his wife/gf, Steven and the band exchanging sexual favors for cash pre-fame, Izzy being a heroin dealer and pimp, etc - the list goes on. They would be cancelled faster than you can blink. The band doesn't have the stature in America to survive stuff like that unlike say...Metallica who have really cultivated a loyal and passionate fanbase.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

They don't have a future. Just tour, sell as much merch, and collect as many paydays as possible until the wheels fall off (Axl's voice). Axl will likely retire in the next 3-5 years with enough cash for his Brazilian leeches to retire to their own private island. He's working like a mule for them. $lash will keep playing at Bar Mitzvahs, store openings, birthday parties, etc  for as little as 200 bucks and a plate of bbq ribs. Like Axl said, he'll play with anyone from Space Ghost to Snoop Dogg. Recycling the same butt rock riffs he's been playing since Snakepit. Duff "Punk Rock" McKagan will release another shitty album and write another lousy book where he can name drop his good friends from Nirvana to burnish his punk rock cred. Maybe he can write another cringe apology letter to Krist and Dave about his bad behavior at the 92 MTV VMAs. When they do actually retire, this band will only release shitty merch like candles and magnets. The archival stuff like the Illusion tour, demos, etc are all lost in time.

All I care about is the Axl biography and the Chinese Democracy boxset. There is nothing else this band has to offer. I'd say the mid-90's demos would be another goldmine but those sadly have no vocals. They'll never release that tour footage because it would blow up their image with the politically correct crowd. That's also why you'll never see a GnR biography. Slash is out there saying that he thinks the biographies are corny and not realistic. Bullshit. He's scared of the dirt a biography would uncover. Imagine a segment of the movie dedicated to the hell house days, one in  a million, the rape charges, Axl beating his wife/gf, Steven and the band exchanging sexual favors for cash pre-fame, Izzy being a heroin dealer and pimp, etc - the list goes on. They would be cancelled faster than you can blink. The band doesn't have the stature in America to survive stuff like that unlike say...Metallica who have really cultivated a loyal and passionate fanbase.

Well said haha. Cant argue with any of that. I would also settle for axl biography and chinese box set. Although i would love a newalbum from the band too and a blu ray. 

I feel like we'll get a few songs with slash and duff and hopefully that blu ray at least. I mean, axl has released a blu ray already, so he is capable.

On 7/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, jacdaniel said:

You can't keep touring forever by just adding some deepcuts. 

They absolutely can. Plenty of older bands are always on tour and only play the hits with no new music. They just have to put enough time between their visits to each market. If they play a city, don't come back for 3-4 years so the demand can grow again. At some points they may have to downsize venues or add a co-headliner if demand is really low but then after a while demand will pick back up again. Throw in some festivals here and there. Maybe even another residency in Vegas. They can ride it out for another 10+ years until Axl is ready to retire. 

Edited by History2010

Greatest Hits with a few Chinese tracks on it.  Second cd with absurd and hard skool, a couple unreleased CD songs redone with slash n duff.  Maybe a couple live performances.  

Title will be self-titled “Guns N’ Roses” or something like “GNfnR. - the reckless life” or something like that. 

Then the farewell tour with arenas and vip small house of blues-type places.  Or a residency in Vegas. 

On 7/11/2023 at 7:01 AM, KIKOZ3 said:

Slash performs with his band SMKC between March/April 2024 almost set to be at Qualistage in Barra da Tijuca, Brazil.

One year off?

new album?

Clearly no member will get younger with each passing year..

How much time was lost on that reunion tour, with the point of view in the future?

Probably a second greatest hits with a couple of new songs or live tracks added. 

Best case would be a actual newly recorded album.