izzy and steven

just rewatched the whole r&r hof induction speeches and got me thinking: you think any of the members are in touch at all w izzy and steven these days? back in 2016 i was 100% sure there’d be an original 5 reunion, here we are 7 years later….

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Probably the other way round

I believe so too. Makes me feel bad for Steven  either way. If they don’t contact him at all, it’s sad as he’s still not over the GnR days and of they contact him sporadically, it makes me feel like it creates false hope for an original lineup reunion.

I think it is time for Izzy. We all know there is no new record in the pipeline, maybe a couple songs, but the new surprise can be Izzy, and let the fans happy. Don't know if Izzy is reliable enough for touring during several dates, but this can be a refreshment for the band. I understand that there will be no more attendance than now, and business wise is worse, but taking Izzy back maybe means another 10 years of future to the band 

10 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

You think that they’re in touch with Steven but not Izzy.  Really?   I always had the impression that they still got on with Izzy, and Steven was left out in the cold. 

Izzy and Steven both left the band over 30 years ago at this point. 

I'm sure they make minor contact here and there, a happy birthday text or things of that nature. But it's been a long time, everyone has families now and extensive commitments. So I don't they are talking on the regular 

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

The ship has sailed, man. Best to leave it be...

Never say never. 😏 A long time ago, Axl was asked something like,"Will Slash ever be back in Guns N'Roses?" Axl responded,"Not in this lifetime." And, Slash has been back in Guns N'Roses for 7 years and counting....😏So there is still hope that Izzy and Steven could be back in Guns N'Roses eventually....😏

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Karice said:

Never say never. 😏 A long time ago, Axl was asked something like,"Will Slash ever be back in Guns N'Roses?" Axl responded,"Not in this lifetime." And, Slash has been back in Guns N'Roses for 7 years and counting....😏So there is still hope that Izzy and Steven could be back in Guns N'Roses eventually....😏

Then they'll just play Appetite for Mickey. Thanks but no thanks.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Oxford said:

You think that they’re in touch with Steven but not Izzy.  Really?   I always had the impression that they still got on with Izzy, and Steven was left out in the cold. 

They did ... Until the negotiations started for NITL in 2016 ... Last thing we got publically regarding Izzy and GnR was a very sour. 7 years in and not one appearance? That makes it pretty clear to me that things are still not okay between them.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

They blew it with both. They were in contact with Steven, but after what happened in South America he pretty much told them to shove it. I don't think either of them wants to be in contact with GNR anymore.

Edited by PatrickS77

18 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I believe so too. Makes me feel bad for Steven  either way. If they don’t contact him at all, it’s sad as he’s still not over the GnR days and of they contact him sporadically, it makes me feel like it creates false hope for an original lineup reunion.

I’m pretty sure Steven stopped caring about GnR as soon as his newest singer (the guy from Argentina) joined his band back in late 2018/ early 2019. That guy does Axl better than Axl these days.

Hmm. What if Steven and Izzy DO decide to come back to Guns N'Roses and the "Newer ," Guns N'Roses Members, Melissa, Richard, Dizzy, and Frank aren't comfortable having them back. Or worse, Axl automatically kicks out Frank,, Dizzy , Melissa, and Richard for Steven and Izzy? All of the "Newer," Guns N'Roses Members have been there for YEARS and would be beyond resentful if Axl suddenly kicks them all to the curb just because Steven and Izzy are back. 💡

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m pretty sure Steven stopped caring about GnR as soon as his newest singer (the guy from Argentina) joined his band back in late 2018/ early 2019. That guy does Axl better than Axl these days.

Steven plays about 12 shows a year of all GNR covers at various 80’s nostalgia festivals around the world. I wouldn’t say he “stopped caring” about GNR.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Karice said:

Hmm. What if Steven and Izzy DO decide to come back to Guns N'Roses and the "Newer ," Guns N'Roses Members, Melissa, Richard, Dizzy, and Frank aren't comfortable having them back. Or worse, Axl automatically kicks out Frank,, Dizzy , Melissa, and Richard for Steven and Izzy? All of the "Newer," Guns N'Roses Members have been there for YEARS and would be beyond resentful if Axl suddenly kicks them all to the curb just because Steven and Izzy are back. 💡

It’ll never happen. Let’s face it.  I’d love to see the Appetite line up back on stage.  But it’s a pipe dream. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

It’ll never happen. Let’s face it.  I’d love to see the Appetite line up back on stage.  But it’s a pipe dream. 

I was just wondering what would happen if Steven and Izzy did come back to Guns N'Roses. 🤔

5 hours ago, Karice said:

Steven and Izzy can decide all they want. None of that is going to happen. Axl won't allow it. Axl is loyal to his people.

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nah. He stopped caring about (being in) GNR, when they flew him down to South America and only let him play one song and were disrespectful to him.

Izzy must be fully retired these days.  Guessing he’s long out of picture.  Steven still rocking but his old pals don’t trust him.  I’m not sure a full AFD reunion tour would even move the needle anymore for anyone other than us diehards. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They were childhood friends. 50 years ago lol 

Speaking of Steven and Slash being childhood Friends, Steven was REALLY hurt that Slash helped fire him from Guns N'Roses. 😫 I would be too. 😫 At least Izzy, Axl, Duff, were Steven's BANDMATES, not his childhood friend! 😫

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Nah. He stopped caring about (being in) GNR, when they flew him down to South America and only let him play one song and were disrespectful to him.

First of all I don't buy for a second that Steven is over being in GNR. And secondly how were they disrespectful to him? Obviously I'm open to changing my mind, but I will point out that I don't think that the red carpet should've been rolled out for him. He's been a junkie for over 30 years (around 25 when the reunion first happened) and sad to say, I'm not sure you could find many junkies you'd be able to trust to play a prominent role in a huge rock n' roll tour with millions on the line. It just isn't feasible. If for instance Steven were THE drummer (instead of Frank) I have to wonder if the tour would even be able to be insured.