Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

A few hours ago, a member here accidentally discovered that Perhaps came up in the search results on a phone app called TouchTunes Jukeboxes, which is a streaming service that plays music in bar juke boxes (I guess UMG either forgot about this service or just didn't mind it, because a release is imminent). So people drove to bars near them, had the song played and recorded it on their phones, and it has now leaked, even if it's a low quality phone recording with background noise.

Hilarious stuff, on par with the history of this band and its fanbase :lol:

The way this really plays out historically is that it gets pulled from Touchtunes and then never gets released. Leaving fans with phone recordings of the song with bar chatter in the background as the only source for years 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Sad 1

It sounds good, it's the best song we've had since the reunion, we know they couldn't promote something and do it normally to save their life's BUT can we just support this when they come late to the party and actually drop it....(least it'll be the good quality version and not a phone!) As we need to hope this does ok to encourage more....post it everywhere, annoy your family and friends to listen to it! It's in our own best interests to make this a minor success!!

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

The way this really plays out historically is that it gets pulled from Touchtones and then never gets released. Leaving fans with phone recordings of the song with bar chatter in the background as the only source for years 

Hopefully that doesn't happen now, as many things still point out to an imminent (meaning next week) release. There's history, but there's also a first time for everything :lol:

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The band is in NYC right now. Any locals here that can crank that tune up at bars there?

Have your phones ready too....I wanna see Axl storm a bar "who's got that....WHO the FUCK has got that!" Threatens the bar with a DJ Ashba residency if they don't destroy the box!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Oh I can definitely see them pulling up the app to see an open jukebox in the area, walk down , and then play it to see if it’s true 

Also if they were smart/or allowed, they’d record a video of Duff, Slash or Axl doing this, listening to part of the song and then make light of the situation on social media 

• Like 4

There’s a few bars near me with this song. I think I’ll go to one tonight to have a listen. The closest one to my house is a very small town so that one would be best. Could be some weird locals though. But that’s ok. Perhaps I’ll bless them.

That biopic slash was recently asked about....who's up for writing it? Surely would make the best comedy since Spinal Tap amongst amazing rock N roll moments too! Taika is a massive GNR fan and used loads of Guns music in that last Thor movie....he should make it! Axl will probably agree of he lends him Rita Ora for an afternoon or two...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

That biopic slash was recently asked about....who's up for writing it? Surely would make the best comedy since Spinal Tap amongst amazing rock N roll moments too! Taika is a massive GNR fan and used loads of Guns music in that last Thor movie....he should make it! Axl will probably agree of he lends him Rita Ora for an afternoon or two...

I think we're past Spinal Tap at this point - Guns N' Roses with Muppets is what I want now :lol:

Edited by BassistSeb

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

There’s a few bars near me with this song. I think I’ll go to one tonight to have a listen. The closest one to my house is a very small town so that one would be best. Could be some weird locals though. But that’s ok. Perhaps I’ll bless them.

If you wait until tonight the band may have pulled the song by then

4 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

If you wait until tonight the band may have pulled the song by then

Good point, I plan on going to one later this morning then. I’ll have one beer and perhaps listen to a song. I have 30 credits. If it’s still available tonight I’ll play it for the super small bar near my home, myself present or not. Perhaps it’s the best gift to stranger patrons! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, default_ said:

The only thing that annoys me in all this is, I cant believe thats the cover artwork lol 

Thats a terrible cover.

I can't believe it either. It's fucking hideous. Absurd was kinda cool ... Then they pulled the cringey juvenile bullshit with Hardschool ... This is just no effort level