Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, klakly said:

If it is true that the single will be on the radio tomorrow, do you think it will be available immediately for purchase/streaming on the various platforms or will they announce that it will be available from Friday?

If they’re starting to play it in the USA tomorrow at 10AM EST, then maybe it will already be streaming in places like New Zealand at that point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

If it's true, it should also get an immediate release on streaming. Unless they are fine to have the song being ripped and getting shared as mp3.

If they follow the release per timezone pattern, it will have been released in Australia, Japan etc. anyway by the time US radio starts playing it. So people would be able to rip and share it anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

If it's true, it should also get an immediate release on streaming. Unless they are fine to have the song being ripped and getting shared as mp3.

It’ll probably go to streaming at midnight on Friday. They’re just (apparently) giving radio the exclusive for a few hours first. I think that’s pretty cool, actually.

• Like 1

Imagine starting a band in your 20s, and a time traveller telling you that in 40 years there’s going to be a website full of devoted grown adults bitterly arguing about everything you do and you’ve ever done. What a bizarre life Axl Rose has led. 

(yes, karice, feel free to use this idea for a chapter of your deeply unsettling but oddly sweet fan fic.)

• Haha 4

The only reason we are all still here is because of this disfunctional band and its inability to do anything by the book. GNR are unique and that's what has kept me coming back to this forum for what must be nearly 20 years. Ridiculous really! The leaks, the rumour, the mystery is what it's all about. Nice to get the occasional song actually released though but I haven't been on this forum so much for a long time.... When it does come out, the intrigue is gone. Enjoy it and stop arguing about nonsense. 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bangit said:

The only reason we are all still here is because of this disfunctional band and its inability to do anything by the book. GNR are unique and that's what has kept me coming back to this forum for what must be nearly 20 years. Ridiculous really! The leaks, the rumour, the mystery is what it's all about. Nice to get the occasional song actually released though but I haven't been on this forum so much for a long time.... When it does come out, the intrigue is gone. Enjoy it and stop arguing about nonsense. 👍

You got it boss! 🤙🏼 

10 minutes ago, betterman said:

How would you feel if the General is almost like Evaders version?

Well.they did pull down his version....maybe a little too close to the bone...or Ax can't quite remember what that one sounded like at this point....if it aint leaked, I don't remember...

20 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Lol people actually believe "The General" is next... there's no proof. At least "Perhaps" and "Atlas Snuggled" seem realistic since they leaked, but "The General" hasn't even been leaked.   

The latest proof we have is....Absurd.

Everything after that are snippets, rehearsals, texts on paper....but no proof for whatever.
Speculation.

Maybe nice to kill time....but not proof.

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

And still we have to suffer idiocy like this :facepalm: Entitled to expect recorded music that we have been told is being released, is being released!? Us bastards! 

We haven't been told Perhaps is being released though, we've found out through means we weren't supposed to. There has not been a single bit of official communication – you yourself said it hasn't been acknowledged!

And as I said, it's a wider issue, not just with this one song anyway. Yes, large parts of the Guns N' Roses fanbase are entitled. Just because there's bits recorded and we want to hear them, it doesn't mean we have a right to or should have an expectation to. If it comes, it comes, if it doesn't, that's a big shame but life goes on

30 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Lol people actually believe "The General" is next... there's no proof. At least "Perhaps" and "Atlas Snuggled" seem realistic since they leaked, but "The General" hasn't even been leaked.   

I agree that there is no evidence, but there are indications pointing to The General having more chances to be next than Atlas Shrugged. The fact that Atlas leaked is not so relevant - and probably, considering how they treated the low quality phone recordings of Perhaps, they consider The General a leaked song as well. I also think that, regardless of what happens with the General, Atlas won't be the one to be released next (I explained my reasoning a few pages back).

Personally I'm not as hyped about The General as most people seem to be, so my assessment is not affected by fears that its release may not materialize.

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

KwmCQME.jpg

I typed PERHAPS GUNS in Apple Music. This is on top. Is this it guys?

AXLs big Chinese experiment finally ended in the marriage of opera and country! Fuck me....even Ashba said "dunno if I can ride that train bro!"

Edited by colonizedmind

43 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

maybe hasn't leaked yet asides the cellphone clip from Vienna but... 

Screenshot-2023-08-16-17-36-19-962-com-s

It's not a big deal but at least it's an indication

Edited by Makkun
I rushed to reply lol

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Why would they? It's not out, it's not supposed to be out. For all intents and purposes, none of us here should have heard it yet, 20+ year-old song or not. They have no need to acknowledge something that in the wider, real world doesn't exist yet.

I think this is part of a bigger issue within Guns N' Roses' fanbase: entitlement.

As frustrating and disappointing this all is, it's the band's work – it's supposed to be heard when they release it, not when we accidentally find it or demand it. They'll acknowledge it when or if they're ready, and they'll release it when or if they're ready.

Us finding the leaks is on us. We're the ones who opened our Christmas presents the night before, leaving nothing for the big day...

Just to play Devil's advocate, the only reason we've heard it is because the song's so old. Things leak out eventually, so it's no surprise that they did. I mean, to put it in perspective twenty years before CD was 1988 and I doubt there was much mystery over Appetite era demos by that point. I also don't see it as entitlement when the band have spoken about new material, have been soundchecking it and it was prepped for release. That's the real mystery here. Maybe we'll eventually find out the reason for the holdup but I can understand people's frustration.