Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Just played the village leak again and even as a Slash dick rider, gaddamn I feel bad that Robin's solo is getting a subpar replacement.

Still this song will do/be something THAT song will never have....it's gonna do what songs do best, GET FUCKING RELEASED. Yeehaw! 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Still this song will do/be something THAT song will never have....it's gonna do what songs do best, GET FUCKING RELEASED. Yeehaw! 

Ran out of likes but I've said this before, always a good thing that the band is releasing any song. Hell I guess we'd all be rejoicing even if they released a proper gn'r version of rock the rock lol

Just now, GoForJMark said:

Ran out of likes but I've said this before, always a good thing that the band is releasing any song. Hell I guess we'd all be rejoicing even if they released a proper gn'r version of rock the rock lol

Seriously....anything....if they start dropping stuff regularly...then I'll get picky on their ass!

4 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Hold up, actual radio promotion???

Actual promotion????

I assume I'm actually in some sort of coma after taking a really nasty blow to the head?

Do you hear a heartbeat?

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Seriously....anything....if they start dropping stuff regularly...then I'll get picky on their ass!

They can release a studio version of Wichita Lineman and I'll lick that thing in the ass. :lol:

1 minute ago, diablo9333 said:

So in other words, they paid someone to design a website that won't actually get used? 

classic GN'R!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Just played the village leak again and even as a Slash dick rider, gaddamn I feel bad that Robin's solo is getting a subpar replacement.

In the day and age of 2023, if this is really your complaint, you can EASILY, and I mean within 5 minutes, copy in the Robin solo with a basic software like Audacity, adjust the volume levels to be the same, and there you have the 2023 Perhaps with Robin solo to listen to for all eternity. Or just listen to the village leak by itself?

As a fan of this band since before the reunion, complaining that Slash played on a new GNR song is the most ridiculous shit to me ever.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

complaining that Slash played on a new GNR song is the most ridiculous shit to me ever.

I know and a complain coming from me? If you only knew how I used to shit on nuguns guys thinking Slash is the only superior guitarist in the world when I was younger. I'm just saying, Slash could've played something more magical. The new solo sounds like he was just riding the waves of the tune. 

Just now, GoForJMark said:

I know and a complain coming from me? If you only knew how I used to shit on nuguns guys thinking Slash is the only superior guitarist in the world when I was younger. I'm just saying, Slash could've played something more magical. The new solo sounds like he was just riding the waves of the tune. 

I know, and I do prefer Robins solo as of now too (we haven't heard the full mix anyway, we heard the recording of 1 of 2 channels from the mix recorded from a cellphone lol) but do you realize how sought after this was from anytime between 1993-2015 to hear Slash playing over a song with Axl singing? To me this sounds like a song that could have been on Slashs 2010 album, if he and Axl were friends at the time.

Sure Robin played a cool solo, but it doesn't beat the feeling of listening to a new GNR song with both Axl and Slash on it after the bullshit of over 20 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

1000% the same feeling for me.

It's also apparently a song about child abuse, so I'm not exactly looking forward to crank that all day long, it's more of a finally satisfied feeling of listening to it for the first time, to know what it is, after all these years. After that, I doubt it will be in my rotation unless it is excellent musically.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown