08/18/23 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park

downzy

1 hour ago, gnr1967 said:

Cool video! He’s come a long way in terms of being friendly to fans in my opinion.  Of all the band members, I always had the viewpoint that Axl was the hardest band member to meet or interact with. Last night blew me away … I’m still amazed Axl signed my poster. He was very friendly.

I think he's so much more chilled these days on stage and off....people do and can change....Axl seems like really fun guy to hang out with....he seems happy with his Brazilian family, feuds settled, back with a lot of his old buddies and I hope he has a decent pool of friends. Seems to enjoy life and he obviously was motivated to get in shape this year too...maybe he ditched the burger van!?! 😉

7 hours ago, 22frets said:

I thought it was standard tuning too when I was trying to figure out the solo yesterday, mainly because the solo starts with an E. But it was quite difficult to do all the double-stop bends clean enough. 

After looking at the live performance, it's quite clear that Slash plays it in half-step down tuning. Now my fingers have some relief when I'm trying to play the solo. 😄

However, I have no clue what scale Slash is using. It seems quite random and there are a couple of notes that I feel do not fit the chord progression. Yet, it somehow seems to work. 

Yeah slash pulls off stuff like that a lot 

1 hour ago, SlashisGOD said:

After Absurd ended a guy behind me said “I don’t know what that was.”

Fuck me, Craig gets about! He's in the Perhaps video at 2.06 too, going nuts, he thought he was in a Sweet Child video....the guy next to him told him, nah played that already boyo, this be Perhaps!

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

They're obviously interacting backstage and getting on quite well...Sure Axl respects Chrissie a lot...

5 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

I'm genuinely starting to believe that the absolute absurd (pun intended) behavior of this band and Axl is part of their appeal. It's kind of like back in the day where the added bonus and mystique of buying a ticket was Axl's erratic behavior during the shows. You never knew if he was going to fly off the handle or a riot was going to happen. The TouchTunes debacle seriously blew my mind, but let's be honest, that was an absolute classic Guns N' Roses moment and legitimately enjoyable for us diehards. It sounds stupid, but that type of shit is why we are obsessed with this band. 😂

Ha this is some real battered spouse reasoning. “He randomly hits me, but he’s so unpredictable and interesting!” 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, she always says one song is one Axl loves and another is one Slash loves. But I don't remember which songs exactly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gnr1967 said:

Cool video! He’s come a long way in terms of being friendly to fans in my opinion.  Of all the band members, I always had the viewpoint that Axl was the hardest band member to meet or interact with. Last night blew me away … I’m still amazed Axl signed my poster. He was very friendly.

I wonder why he’s still at the venue so much later than most of the others? Partying? 

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Both writers seemed like they knew what they were talking about. Although the Gazette one may need a better editor:

Not only did they get their first GNR show in seven years, but a legit new song and video on the eve of the concert with “Perhaps,” the third single from the band since “Hard Skool” in 2021.

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Maybe it's on F? Or maybe Dm? 

This was my attempt

Killer guitar sound! You use Silver Jubilee with Boss EQ pedal or how do you ahcieve your tone? And nice cover!

Edited by Kelmi
  • Like 1

I figured GNR would be humbled by the poor ticket sales at this show, but once they hit the stage, I was shocked at how full the stadium was. They closed off the upper deck, but the lower bowl and field was packed. So my hope of seeing them at star lake pavilion (smaller venue in pittsburgh), probably won’t happen anytime soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 22frets said:

Dude, didn't know it was you! Big fan! 

Thanks bro 🥰

24 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Killer guitar sound! You use Silver Jubilee with Boss EQ pedal or how do you ahcieve your tone? And nice cover!

Thank you! I just used the Neural Amp Modeler with the AFD100 and a combination of cabs. Also dialed back the volume on both pickups, but slightly less on the neck pickup to be able to switch to a high gain on the fly without having to mess with the volume on the bridge pickup for the solo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, k12 said:

That is crazy that he hangs around the venue for 5 1/2 hours after the show, I wonder what he does, most major artists nowadays have a car waiting for them the second the show is over and get in that car and leave before the masses exit the venue, for him to hang around that long is crazy especially cuz I assume the days of after show parties is over

I bet he's having a party: https://www.instagram.com/p/CwGgHn-rZT5/

... or then he's meditating and doing some yoga, who knows?

Edited by Judezki
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Dropping Pretty Tied Up is really annoying to me. There’s probably 5 or 6 other songs they could remove. Part of the appeal of this tour was a new setlist, and while that’s still true, it would’ve been nice to have as many new additions as possible.

Yea, I hope they still play PTU when I see them in October. If they have to drop a new addition, drop Anything Goes! I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if Perhaps replaced Slither or Coma either...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

@gnr1967, bravo on you for waiting that long for a brief encounter with Axl Rose.  The show ended around 11pm - for you to wait almost six hours for the possibility of seeing the legend is dedication. 

I've seen them in Atlantic City 2012, Washington DC 2016, Hershey 2023, and Pittsburg 2023.  This probably is my favorite.  I spent most of the show in the G/A front area and the last few songs on the first base side.  If you can't fully see the video board behind the band, you're really missing out on a really cool visual part of the act.  This was my favorite for a lot of reasons outside of the band and this and that.

I am a dork / nerd when it comes to music.  I love all types of music.  I like new music.  I love when GNR plays the new tracks or tracks that haven't been played forever and a day.  My wife shared that the folks went crazy for the old stuff and not really the new stuff.  I understand why but also part of me would love for them to write another anthem song to close out the show.  That's a nerd in me and I know songs don't matter as much as performance.

I've never seen a live debut of anything.  It was really cool to see Perhaps live for the first time.  I'll take the positive spin.  I've heard the song a bunch since it's official release.  I was shocked that Axl sang the whole chorus.  I'm sure that will change.

It was great.  The merch was great and happy to spend my money.  The sound was great.  It was a good time.  I look forward to the next tour.  I have a cute picture of my kiddo I might share once I figure out how to upload it. 

Thanks so much. It was a frigid 5-6 hours too and I wasn’t dressed warmly. Had to keep pacing back and forth to keep warm. But it was worth it in the end! I’ve never tried to do anything like that before so I wasn’t sure if it would pay off, but it did. Awesome to see one of my favorite artists of all time up close. 

I saw them in Hershey last week (and the last two times they were there in prior years). Last week’s Hershey show was solid too. I got tickets to the the pit in Hershey so I had a much better view of the stage than my seats in Pittsburgh.