"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

9 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Thank you dude. Crazy some people still don’t understand that Evaders’s mix is a fantasy. Mind blowing shit!

No disrespect ti Evader of course. 

Whoever evader is, did a good job of making a track up, it's half decent work...and the clinically thick fell for it being real, the comments on YouTube when it was on there was funny...like people actually fell for it 

Decent mix though, it'll be interesting how the finished track actually sounds 

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

A leak would (and listening to it) would totally spoil that amazing experience for yourself...either listen to it when they officially put it out or wait for your Vinyl....we're so good at ruining experiences for ourselves In today's times....myself included. This is a rare moment, it deserves respect (as grandiose as that may sound) 

It would be nice to have the original NuGNR version, before Slash replaces the solos with his own. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Even with all the rumors this summer about it appearing on set lists, I still can’t believe it’s concretely real and coming. Just so excited to hear this track, and even more that Slash is on it. If it really is the lyrical “sequel” to Estranged it’s appropriate that Slash is prominently featured on the axe.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

It would be nice to have the original NuGNR version, before Slash replaces the solos with his own. 

Yes BUT not before or for a wee while....I feel we'll just take away the enjoyment with endless.comparison arguments if that happens....how this half a second bend is better on this and that drum fill was up 1.5db better here! Do we want that? 

• PERHAPS 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea...also maybe not his natural style...but say a song like Coma is pretty brooding....if Axl wants and requests, Slash is more than capable of delivering something atmospheric and dark...he is a huge Horror score fan after all....he'd be pretty psyched that Marco (like General)  has worked on some of these other tracks....in fact if we're getting some of the ones we believe are coming, that's folks like Sir Brian and Marco and Paul, etc....I can only see us on a upwards quality trajectory with that talent involved and Slash is a competitive beast, folks of that sort always like to raise their level when working with talent like that ...

Yeah, Slash when he's on his A-game is like a younger Brian May so I can't wait to hear what he has in store on The General. Given Brian's involvement with Guns in the late '90s and the fact that he's said he felt quite loss after the end of Queen, I wonder if him joining Guns full time was ever mooted. I'm now imagining Brian May and Bucket guitar duets... 

Edited by BassistSeb

1 hour ago, DannyVinyard said:

Slash being on it is the downside to me. I don't believe his solos will top Finck's or Buckethead's original solos, similar to every other CD song he's redone, live and in studio. 

Why do you believe it can’t top Fincks or Buckets solos if you’ve never heard this song before? It’s an unknown to us so when we hear Slash play it that’s all we’ll ever know it as. Unless an old demo ever leaks of course

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

Did you create a new account just to troll?

Ive explained my POV rationally. The band listed the song as a B-Side. Is that a troll to agree? I dont believe so, but i respect your opinion.

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Where is Evader these days? Still with us?

You think your imagination is representative of the track....wow. hope you have a fucking mental kick ass imagination then!

My point is that the band labeled the song as a B-Side and that description is apt.

10 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Why do you believe it can’t top Fincks or Buckets solos if you’ve never heard this song before? It’s an unknown to us so when we hear Slash play it that’s all we’ll ever know it as. Unless an old demo ever leaks of course

I answered your question in my original post: None of Slash's replacement solos have been as good or better than the originals thus far.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I answered your question in my original post: None of Slash's replacement solos have been as good or better than the originals thus far.

I understand you completely but what I’m saying is we heard the previous ‘demo’ versions of Perhaps, HS and Absurd so we we’re basically biased to what we had already got used to, same as many old time fans couldn’t take to Nu Guns renditions of Old Guns songs. So The General being a song we are aware of but have never actually heard may be something we can hear unbiased and instantly take to what Slash plays.. hope that makes sense

24 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Hard Skool I agree, but every time I listen to Absurd, I wish it had Bucket's Shackler and Scraped style riffing.

I’m just comparing it to the versions we got. I love a lot of the CD songs and am not lamenting Slash not being on those

• Like 1

For some reason, probably because of Sebastian Bach, Brain and other people's comments, people had the highest hopes for The General, Atlas Shrugged and Soul Monster. I feel like these songs will have a hard time living up to their expectations after all of the drama and mythos surrounding them. I gotta admit, Atlas was a bit of a let down for me when it leak. I still like the song but it's nothing out of the ordinary for GnR. I hope The General and Soul Monster end up being worthy of their legendary status.

• Like 2