"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

The vinyl-exclusive-debate reminds me of one of the Beach boys song which is actually like that. Even now, it doesn't seem to be available on digital.

if they're going to have The General as a vinyl exclusive for now, wouldn't it be nice if it came with a barbie doll just like that Beach Boys song did?

12 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

If this comes out next week what a f'n relief it's gonna be...

Add it to the playlist, check the forum for a couple of days, and then don't care about GNR for at least two years, good ol' healthy detox.

Seems like a good deal to me.

October 27

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

IT would be a cool twist if the new single in fact is another song than "the General" ;)

The probability is low, Fortus in that interview talk about The General joining soon tob the shows, if there is a song next week It would be The General for sure

2 hours ago, betterman said:

IT would be a cool twist if the new single in fact is another song than "the General" ;)

We still don't know what the "mysterious song" is which was played during a soundcheck last year.

Either that is The General, or it's actually something else... like Seven, because it has some resemblance to the Circus Maximus leak.

But this is a lot of wishful thinking on my part as well. Most likely they will just release The General and nothing else for now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

The probability is low, Fortus in that interview talk about The General joining soon tob the shows, if there is a song next week It would be The General for sure

Nah, you better believe Beta is making a trash dump of all Axl's Chinese takeaways....they're all coming before that expiry date is up! 

2 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It's f'n here, Gunners! The legendary track from the Chinese Democracy sessions that's the first song written by Axl, Slash and Duff in two decades.

Let's f'n go!

I hope you won't be shrugging!! 

17 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It is a bizarre first.. you have to wonder how they fucked the Chinese songs up so much if they've managed to keep these new versions of old songs and this never-before-heard song from leaking.

There is so much mystery left in the leaks. If there were more songs then from the sessions that spurred the 2006-07 leaks like Perhaps, the General, Hard Skool, Atlas, etc. I'd be absolutely amazed nothing popped up. Even a 10 second clip. Because the people leaking and trading music back then loved to let everyone know they had songs the public didn't. Even a song like Silkworms has an absurd history. Played in 01, a clip leaks post-CD, and then we didn't hear a proper studio demo until the Village sessions (right? I was out of the loop 2010-16.) If it was out there that whole time, you'd of thought we'd of heard it. 

Who knows! Fascinating stuff all around. I'm excited to listen to the General a handful of times and then check out on GnR for the foreseeable future. I'll always be interested and come back by though when something from that CD era pops up. 

• Like 1

I promise I'm not trying to be a downer, but was it just the 1 radio station saying new music coming? Did this station have any credibility with Perhaps? Not being a smartass, I just don't know. 

Time line of releasing a song and playing it live the next day could be an indicator of a plan. It just seemed to have come out of nowhere haha

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Even a song like Silkworms has an absurd history. Played in 01, a clip leaks post-CD, and then we didn't hear a proper studio demo until the Village sessions (right? I was out of the loop 2010-16.) If it was out there that whole time, you'd of thought we'd of heard it. 

Actually, before the Village leaks in 2019, a Silkworms demo with Bumblefoot on guitar had leaked. That was in 2017 if I remember correctly.

• ABSUЯD 1

I believe Perhaps was released and played on radio for a few weeks before it was played live. Same with Hard Skool. Before Perhaps dropped on the radio, and was only available in some US bars, there were several radio stations and people here who worked in radio who said it was coming.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I believe Perhaps was released and played on radio for a few weeks before it was played live. Same with Hard Skool. Before Perhaps dropped on the radio, and was only available in some US bars, there were several radio stations and people here who worked in radio who said it was coming.

Perhaps was to release August 11, but was allegedly delayed last minute. Not in time to get it off every service, such as Touch Tunes. Then it dropped on radio the following week before GnR announced its release on August 18 with the full rollout of merch. I'm not sure the band even recognized that Perhaps was played on radio a day or so before they announced it. Where there is a smidge of credibility to the whole General physical ordeal is the first place to report Perhaps was coming out August 18 and not August 11, was Universal Italy. Same subgroup of UMG that has copy on their site saying the General will be physical only. They played Perhaps live for the first time August 18. 

The whole thing was a little murky as par the course.

Edited by bumbleslash69
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Actually, before the Village leaks in 2019, a Silkworms demo with Bumblefoot on guitar had leaked. That was in 2017 if I remember correctly.

Possibly the worst sounding song I've ever heard. Literal noise pollution. Immediately tossed in my recycle bin.

• Like 1