"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Nobody other than the band and label are in possession of the final version and I’m going to bet there is also a close to zero percent chance that anyone will ever hear an earlier version. 

There are members here who already have. 

• ABSUЯD 2

Can’t wait for it not to be released on streaming platforms on Friday and watching the online community with their pitchforks!

I believe it will be out on streaming at some point tho. But I would not be shocked at all if it’s not 10/27. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Can’t wait for it not to be released on streaming platforms on Friday and watching the online community with their pitchforks!

I believe it will be out on streaming at some point tho. But I would not be shocked at all if it’s not 10/27. 

As releasing it digitally the same day the record ships is what makes sense, I’m with you that no, that will likely not be what team GNR opts for.👌🏼

Even if the shipper prepare the labels next week, I'd still expect a wait. With the Hard Skool/Absurd vinyl and CD, I think they created the label the day it was supposed to ship (thus triggering an "it shipped" email), but the items did not actually start moving for a few weeks. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

6 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

That Italian rock site sounds so entitled lol get the fuck outta here

Why the hell do they keep saying the same crap about the digital release?

Will you publicly apologize to them when Friday rolls around next week and The General isn't (officially) on YouTube or Spotify?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Will you publicly apologize to them when Friday rolls around next week and The General isn't (officially) on YouTube or Spotify?

Absolutely, actually i'm leaning to that rumor becoming true, but it's so accepted on this board that if you don't believe it's going to be on streaming you might as well wear a tinfoil or a maga hat that i don't know what to think anymore

wanna i do wanna know is why would that site claim this with that much emphasis 

1 minute ago, Millions said:

For those of you who have this, what do you reckon??? (This isn't a request for a link, by the way, I'm happy to wait a couple of more days).

Nobody has it.

17 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Absolutely, actually i'm leaning to that rumor becoming true, but it's so accepted on this board that if you don't believe it's going to be on streaming you might as well wear a tinfoil or a maga hat that i don't know what to think anymore

wanna i do wanna know is why would that site claim this with that much emphasis 

I think it's still possible. But keep in mind that the Italian website had Universal Italy as their source and they already deleted in their own hotsite information about The General being exclusive a vinyl release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Even if the shipper prepare the labels next week, I'd still expect a wait. With the Hard Skool/Absurd vinyl and CD, I think they created the label the day it was supposed to ship (thus triggering an "it shipped" email), but the items did not actually start moving for a few weeks. 

I'm pretty sure Hard Skool shipped a month earlier than the release date.

Get the fucking thing stuck on streaming sites on the 27th October. 

I say this as a big fan of physical media, who never streams really too. 

It's a 7inch vinyl, probably lousy quality, which they may or may not get to people at some point. 

Seriously. This is just ridiculous at this stage, whatever the alleged holdup may be. If it doesn't drop onto streaming on October 27th it would be farcical. 

• Like 3