"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Unsure about that. My wife ordered the Britney Spears book that just got released yesterday. Always said ships October 24th and she got an Amazon notification Monday night that the order was "out for delivery." It showed up Tuesday by lunch hour. Here's hoping these vinyls operate similarly. 

Yeah, unless Axl and his team of incompetents are shipping these out themselves…some people will be receiving this by noon this Friday. If I had to bet, we’ll be hearing it digitally in about 30 hours though. Maybe even sooner. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Always very important to point out that you mean in your opinion when you say better. 

Because if you use any sort of metrics at all, Slash will always be better. 

And that's why they were in smaller venues without him.

A Marvel movie being a huge blockbuster earning many many millions more than a Scorsese movie is not really because of being better

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Not sure but it is 4.4 stars with 4000 reviews on Amazon. I’m sending it back if we get a super clean vinyl rip

I wouldn't know much about record vinyl stuff. I was just wondering. 

I rather wait for a digital mp3, just my opinion haha

Edited by DarkLotus1111

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I've been to two CD-era shows and two NITL shows and I preferred the CD shows, smaller venues, better musicians and overall better performances. But, all were still fun of course. 

I thought the CD shows were way better than the current line up, sounded a lot better in my opinion.

Edited by DingBat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sonicjam said:

If its going on digital, would it be midnight thursday? Cant remember what happened with perhaps. Pretty sure it was midnight.

Its 8am thursday in aus at the moment (and probably 10am in nz), so we may find out in about 14 hours.

For Perhaps, it was avalaible on Qobuz at midnight (French Hours). Less than 24h for me

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

Has Slash sold stadiums in the last 7 years?

Yes, he’s been doing it the last 7 years now that he’s back in GNR. You know the band he helped bring to prominence. Unfortunately the name had been incredibly mismanaged for 16 years but his return helped right many wrongs. Unfortunately actual new music hasn’t been one of the things accomplished since then, but that’s not his fault.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

A Marvel movie being a huge blockbuster earning many many millions more than a Scorsese movie is not really because of being better

New GNR wasn’t a Scorsese film. It was a Marvel sequel missing some huge stars from the original hit and it was being sponsored by Monster energy. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

hahaha good joke.

Go to a Slash and his bluecats forum and stop bothering here by writing this shit.

I don't know if you know, but  Axl continued to be the main artist for years without the superhero Slash.

Since Rock in Rio 2001 with three hundred thousand people, i was there and saw everything live and Slash was absolutely not missed.

Sucker.

It’s clearly a team effort. Slash saved Axl and Axl saved Slash yadda yadda yadda

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

There are many ways of judging success. 

Sales is a big one of course 

A good one is also the opinion of other successful musicians. 

Another one is the guitar world, forums etc. 

And I can tell you who is ahead on all counts. 

40 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

hahaha good joke.

Go to a Slash and his bluecats forum and stop bothering here by writing this shit.

I don't know if you know, but  Axl continued to be the main artist for years without the superhero Slash.

Since Rock in Rio 2001 with three hundred thousand people, i was there and saw everything live and Slash was absolutely not missed.

Sucker.

2001 - 2014 had way more lows than highs, particularly outside of this forum. 

Towards the end they were struggling to keep a line up and sell tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Litti said:

what u mean? like take a photo

Yes.. you took that? Made that? I’m not sure what it’s meant to show though as it’s not being released on cd so it’s a little confusing with no context