"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

See? Here we go. How it’s suddenly hard to take a few more shots (of a legible booklet) and post it here. How long do you need, a minute? Yet - nothing. My guess would be it belonged to his colleague, they were in a bar, but he’s already left with it, and it won’t be possible to get their hands on it for another couple of days/weeks... And there’s still no comments as to what it is etc. Pathetic. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cooker said:

How exactly did everyone fall into the belief that it would be digitally released on Friday? No official word from anyone yet here you all are shocked something didn’t happen that no one said would. 

I mean the physical copy is releasing today (apparently the UK store said 'releases'). It's a pretty reasonable assumption it would also release digitally. It's also a friday, which is seemingly when new music is released.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Like 2

Is anyone actually shocked? I thought everyone was feigning to be overly shocked for the humour, but we were here in the very slim chance that it would actually be released. I don't think anyone that had the mildest hopes of it being released was actually shocked that it didn't, more like, what happened went along with usual expectations

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

1 minute ago, cooker said:

How exactly did everyone fall into the belief that it would be digitally released on Friday? No official word from anyone yet here you all are shocked something didn’t happen that no one said would. 

That's the world of Guns N' Roses fandom. It gets in heads that something nobody ever said would happen is going to happen, then they get upset when it doesn't. I followed this thread with skeptical optimism. It'd be cool if it showed up, but I definitely wasn't holding my breath.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

See? Here we go. How it’s suddenly hard to take a few more shots (of a legible booklet) and post it here. How long do you need, a minute? Yet - nothing. My guess would be it belonged to his colleague, they were in a bar, but he’s already left with it, and it won’t be possible to get their hands on it for another couple of days/weeks... And there’s still no comments as to what it is etc. Pathetic. 

Maybe his bro Jason?

It's just the same old fake trolling. 

It's not even coming out on CD. And we know what the cover looks like! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luciusfunk said:

That's the world of Guns N' Roses fandom. It gets in heads that something nobody ever said would happen is going to happen, then they get upset when it doesn't. I followed this thread with skeptical optimism. It'd be cool if it showed up, but I definitely wasn't holding my breath.

I’ve become a casual forum reader at this point. Kinda fell out over GN’R world after 2016. I still watch clips and will listen to anything they release but very casual now. 

It’s amusing reading this thread. I honestly believe the General is a throwaway song. Nothing more. 

Just now, Sonicjam said:

I mean the physical copy is releasing today (apparently the UK store said 'releases'). It's a pretty reasonable assumption it would also release digitally. It's also a friday, which is seemingly when new music is released.

Just now, Sonicjam said:

reasonable assumption

Just now, Sonicjam said:

reasonable

Axl Rose snubs Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Independent.ie

:)

The official release date for "The General" by Guns N' Roses has not yet been announced. The song was originally scheduled to be released as a B-side to the vinyl single "Perhaps" on October 27, 2023, but it was delayed.

There have been no updates from the band since the delay was announced, so it is unclear when "The General" will be released. However, fans are hoping that the song will be released sometime in 2024.

I will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

The physical copy is the single of Perhaps with the addition of The General as an add on. The single was released two months ago. 

8 minutes ago, kruelty said:

Baited by Universal :lol:

image.png.33a39dff88f6a2f01ff30aec49333bb4.png

image.png.4228819e0e3ed2ff06c0874463b35e94.png

Yes, released on that date...on vinyl only so you're not going to get it digitally are you ! Ships on 27th...you ain't getting it before that or on any other platform 

Some people are really struggling on this 

1 minute ago, DSTK said:

Yes, released on that date...on vinyl only so you're not going to get it digitally are you ! Ships on 27th...you ain't getting it before that or on any other platform 

Some people are really struggling on this 

Save your energy, the smiley obviously implies I wrote it in jest :lol:

The only reason it would be really strange for them to release The General as an vinyl-only release is because they know fans are desperate for new music and it would really piss 'em off, especially being The General, which has gotten this special mythical status after Sebastian Bach's comments and all. But if it were a normal band, that releases new music in a normal timespan, it would have been a good move to make it vinyl-only. Normal bands do this quite often. It's not that out of this world. But yeah, if GnR did that, especially with this song, it would be a dick move :lol:

• Like 3

Think there's still a decent chance we will hear it in the next 24 hours via a recording or a rip of the vinyl. It's bound to be in someone's hands at this stage through an early shipping or whatever.

To echo a point made earlier, it really wouldn't take much for management to give a nudge to a Mod on here, or even Jarmo, to give some guidance. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Soothsayer

2 minutes ago, username said:

No no, you have it all wrong. You see, only a relatively small part of GnR's idiotic fanbase is desperate for new music and releasing it on vinyl only is a great way to scam these idiots (that would be us) out of more money. Try to think like a member of Team Brazil and you'll see why this makes so much sense. 

You got a point there.