"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Oh fuck off.  Seriously, go fuck yo mamma.

Last night I told everyone to just stay calm and sit back and wait, cause once that vinyl reaches even ONE person that doesn't have a legal obligation, this song will spread amongst fans like wildfire and there's no way to ever put the genie back in the bottle.

Well....that all depended on it ever actually being pressed to vinyl.

I no longer believe this record is going to be manufactured.  The band will just cancel all orders, refund any money already collected, and call it a day.

The only way we were ever gonna get this song is if the physical record came out, and it's clear now that that is not going to happen.

It's possible the song was never really even supposed to be released.  It might have been dangled in front of us like a crowdfunder....get so many orders and the record will go ahead.  Not enough orders, you get nothing.  Or maybe this was yet another example of Axl claiming he was never "informed" and when he found out, he pitched a fit and got it canceled.

We will not be getting The General.  This release is never going to see the light of day, despite the obvious bullshit Fernando is trying to pull.

Those of you thinking a "digital release" is imminent and will finally deliver....stop.  It's not going to happen.  If they wanted this song to be released digitally, it would have been.

When December 8th rolls around, you'll get another email, this time informing you that the record was flat-out canceled.

Our one chance to hear this song was this weekend, as fans started to get early copies of the record.  THE RECORD DOES NOT EXIST.  We will NOT hear this song!

Accept it.

For the record, I was being facetious. 

im sad that I agree with you on everything here 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Is it standard policy in case of delays that the order gets automatically cancelled after a certain date unless you opt to keep it? I thought it was usually the opposite, i.e. that the order remains active unless you opt to cancel.

THIS...it's almost like they're saying...if I were you, I'd cancel this, we ain't gonna deliver

...see we gave you every chance and you STILL didn't cancel! 

• PERHAPS 1

I still see the General as the R Side on the US store. Where did you see this absurd (acoustic) bs?

I’m HUGELY disappointed but keeping my order, as am keen on physical media. This absurd acoustic business may cause me to reconsider though..

This definitely impacts my desire to see them at the Hollywood Bowl. I wouldn’t have gone just to see this mysterious new song, but I’m tired of the let downs. Fuck.. was really looking forward to getting that vinyl. 

In other news… Looks like the Beatles will beat GnR to the punch on the next release.

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-beatles-final-song-now-and-then-announced/amp/

Edited by doakes

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Is it standard policy in case of delays that the order gets automatically cancelled after a certain date unless you opt to keep it? I thought it was usually the opposite, i.e. that the order remains active unless you opt to cancel.

Not in my experience. They usually just hold the order. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

It's VERY strange

Almost as if they're gauging interest and weighing up potential loss ..

• Like 1

Just now, doakes said:

I still see the General as the R Side on the US store. Where did you see this absurd (acoustic) bs?

I’m HUGELY disappointed but keeping my order, as am keen on physical media. This absurd acoustic business may cause me to reconsider though.. 

In other news… Looks like the Beatles will beat GnR to the punch on the next release.

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-beatles-final-song-now-and-then-announced/amp/

Stones released an album. Beatles released an album. GNR can’t even release a single properly.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, colonizedmind said:

THIS...it's almost like they're saying...if I were you, I'd cancel this, we ain't gonna deliver

I was shocked I had to manually say I wanted to keep it. Definitely doesn't bode well. These probably haven't even been pressed, yet. @estrangedtwat is right to be nervous about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I think it's because they knew how everyone would be pissed off over this, so it's like they're saying "we know how you feel right now and that you want to cancel, so we'll make it easier for you"/