"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

5 minutes ago, grouse said:

You lot are a bunch of piranhas, calm the fuck down haha. You guys just made me realise why I would never ever consider taking up a leading position in politics, The I want all and I want now type of crowd. Hard pass on that one.  The song will be out whenever the creators of said song will damn well please

Maybe they should think about not taking people's money if they want to release it whenever they "damn well please"? 

I don't think people 'want it all and want it now' at all. They want the thing they ordered and paid for - a 7" featuring Perhaps and The General. 

GNR make it very clear they're a business. Well, that works both ways. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Trying to see the funny side of this debacle but can't help the feeling of thinking we won't ever get The General now and that it really is time to move on from hoping from anything new from the band for good. 

This feels like the straw that broke the camels back for some reason. I don't think the delay was related to the pressing at all anymore, as even though it's slow to get stuff made, the pressing plants will have given them a realistic timeframe.

Which leaves the reason being that they simply don't want to, or aren't ready to release The General, for whatever weird reason has stopped them releasing anything else. 

This is basically how I feel.

After years and years of no new music, we finally get our first unheard song in 15 years. We’re all excited and impressed GNR did something cool and unexpected. They released a music video. They actually promoted their song. A delay is one thing. But the sheer audacity of delaying it 6 weeks the day off without telling anyone is downright disrespectful. I really don’t think it’s going to be released anymore at all.

I almost think GNR management has had enough with our side of the fanbase and is trying to just get rid of us. A lot of the hardcore fans seem very burned over this, and I don’t think I’m really going to be supporting the band anymore myself. People will write this off as a conspiracy, and it may be, but there’s almost no other explanation that makes sense. It really feels like the hardcore fans are just hated and something management and the band would rather be without.

• Like 4

Just now, allwaystired said:

What's the mood outside of this board? Are people pissed off in other places? 

Jarmo is totally chill:

Vinyl releases get delayed all the time. Had a Pearl Jam vinyl just ship this month that I ordered in February.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

After years and years of no new music, we finally get our first unheard song in 15 years. We’re all excited and impressed GNR did something cool and unexpected. They released a music video. They actually promoted their song. A delay is one thing. But the sheer audacity of delaying it 6 weeks the day off without telling anyone is downright disrespectful. I really don’t think it’s going to be released anymore at all.

I almost think GNR management has had enough with our side of the fanbase and is trying to just get rid of us. A lot of the hardcore fans seem very burned over this, and I don’t think I’m really going to be supporting the band anymore myself. People will write this off as a conspiracy, and it may be, but there’s almost no other explanation that makes sense. It really feels like the hardcore fans are just hated and something management and the band would rather be without.

Because hardcore fans demand work to be done, progress, something of note. Casual fans just show up every 5 years and say oh Izzy looks good 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

You’ll just be told that it’s all your fault for expecting anything and gaslighted into oblivion by ass lickers on here

you are entirely justified in your feelings btw 

• Like 2

Just now, allwaystired said:

What's the mood outside of this board? Are people pissed off in other places? 

Ya,.for once, Reddit is REALLY pissed

...normally really pro the band, hence why Fernando posts there...but some fire crazy posts there about this...maybe they've been taken some lessons from us!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Is it standard policy in case of delays that the order gets automatically cancelled after a certain date unless you opt to keep it? I thought it was usually the opposite, i.e. that the order remains active unless you opt to cancel.

My order from Duff’s store was canceled because I didn’t opt to keep it. I didn’t even realize I had to opt in. I saw the delay email and thought nothing of it. Then I saw my account was credited back. They ended up sending me the stuff for free and apologized about the inconvenience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grouse said:

These two people are deserving of a ban in my opinion, this is inciting violence,

I deserve a banning? For what? 

This guy is threatening to "kick the shit" out of people because he didn't get his precious vinyl. I've invited him down to a safe environment in London to sort it at a kickboxing gym. I've even offered him a FREE guest pass.

Sorry if that's too scary for you snowflake. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Let's do it tough guy, I'm back in London December, 12th.

We can do it at Paragon Kick Boxing Gym in Shoreditch, PM me your details and I'll get you a guest pass.

Cage or ring? Doesn't matter to me, you're getting whooped either way.

You're not going to start whining and crying when it doesn't go your way are you? You know, like you're doing now? 

:lol: Where you hiding till then? I'll come to you. How will i remove your nose from Fernandos rectum though? I wouldn't want you struggling from being shitblind