"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

The weirdest thing about this whole situation is that The General was built up to be a "big gun" - THE epic song of Chinese Democracy like "Estranged" was to UYI. It's a legendary track for the Chinese Democracy fanboys. And the genius management of this band decide to release this mythic track as a b-side with no promo or fanfare at the END of an endless tour. AND...it's only on vinyl. Truly a WTF moment. :facepalm::rolleyes:

And now it has missed its original release date just like CD. :lol:

Edited by RONIN
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Kurwa said:

No, Guns N' Roses is still working on the song and is not yet satisfied with it.

"hey, hey" adlib vocals still in progress, estimated Axl remembers he needs to record it mid-November, actually schedules studio date in February, scraps it in June as too much effort to go into studio (as studio disrupts movie night with extra butter popcorn & M&Ms), releases TSI remastered instead with a horrible mix as an excuse for a new album for the next 15 years, no bonus tracks just a selects quality audio of "I Wanna be your Dog" from last tour, band breaks up in 2035 as the last remaining members Richard Fortus & Dizzy Reed are the only ones left who give a shit, Axl fueds with the media again and gets cancelled for unloading slurs on twitter at random CNN news reporters, Axl then hides in a mansion for the entire rest of his life never speaking a word again aside from a random tweet about Taco Bell being deliveredr late, WW3 starts, Universal Studios is bombed and all the GNR pro shot footage is destroyed, Fernando sells the band name & rights to disney, in order to purchase a private island in Honduras which Beta posts beach pics for the next 10 years on twitter as if nothing happened, Disney releases a shitty AI generated movie about GNR that gets destroyed by the remaining fan base still insane enough to give a shit, Steven Adler makes headlines for spending his AFD royalities on heroin and breaks a world record for most heroin ever overdosed and dies, Melissa Reese starts an onlyfans, a crazed billionaire GNR Fan manages to buy Geffen and accidently drops all the USB-drives of unheard gnr music into a puddle after taking a selfie to post on gnr reddit, the puddle is ran over by a bus further destroying the hard drives, it is 2050 and most the GNR fanbase is either dead or full of AFD-crazed zoomers who dont even know what Chinese Democracy was and roleplay about the band having intercourse instead because society at this point is already too degenerate to recover from, AI has taken over and actual human-produced music is declared illegal, Elon Musk's spaceship promising the last hope for humanity imploads mid-space OceanGate submarine style, humans go extinct and God finally shows up only to blow up the Earth to put it out of it's misery, he then closes every single universe & alternate reality to utter abyss and removes himself as well so nothingness is all that will ever remain.

All downhill from here folks, Pretty Tied Up was nice to be added back to the setlist in 2023, RIP.
(lmao i spent way too long on that shit)

(War Room-era Skylar rumored to return as well, probably worse than all of that block of text, if you know you know)

Edited by Skamos66

6 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I'd love to say couldnt make it up with GnR, but the sad thing is it's entirely predictable. They think they are edgy and cool and mysterious. They're really not, they're so predictable they're run of the mill dull. 

I had this exact discussion with a die-hard friend who's surprisingly not on here earlier, also said it back when Perhaps got delayed, putting the K in Skool & not even bothering to edit Absurd properly to have everything in  time with each other. Shit cash grab brand. Happy to be proven otherwise.

Oh and they need to sort their fucking sound crew out because it's shit at every gig. Even Power Trip, yet every other band was fine. Stop being tight cunts and get some pyro back and maybe some strippers too.

And sack Melissa too, her backing vocals are shit and she's cringy

The only General in existence is the crap I left in the toilet earlier.

Edited by kanecrescente

Trying to see the funny side of this debacle but can't help the feeling of thinking we won't ever get The General now and that it really is time to move on from hoping from anything new from the band for good. 

This feels like the straw that broke the camels back for some reason. I don't think the delay was related to the pressing at all anymore, as even though it's slow to get stuff made, the pressing plants will have given them a realistic timeframe.

Which leaves the reason being that they simply don't want to, or aren't ready to release The General, for whatever weird reason has stopped them releasing anything else. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rodela said:

AN IMPORTANT UPDATE GUYS

ARTIFICIAL INTELLLIGENCE HAS JUST REPLIED TO ME LIKE A REAL HUMAN BEING SAYING THIS GENERAL HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO DECEMBER EIGHT 2023.

THE TECHNOLOGY TOOL GOOGLE "BARD" CONFIRMS THERE WILL BE A DELAY. IT SPOKE LIKE A HUMAN PERSON SO I THINK IT'S LEGIT TO SAY IT'S TELLING THE TRUTH.

WHAT A BUMMER I'M SORRY.

… thanks for the update