"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

GNR uploaded a San Antonio insta post 50 minutes ago and every single comment is 'Release The General'... this is going to play right into their hands when it's released isn't it...🤦🏻‍♂️

i am one of the supporters in the comments xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kanecrescente said:

I had this exact discussion with a die-hard friend who's surprisingly not on here earlier, also said it back when Perhaps got delayed, putting the K in Skool & not even bothering to edit Absurd properly to have everything in  time with each other. Shit cash grab brand. Happy to be proven otherwise.

Oh and they need to sort their fucking sound crew out because it's shit at every gig. Even Power Trip, yet every other band was fine. Stop being tight cunts and get some pyro back and maybe some strippers too.

And sack Melissa too, her backing vocals are shit and she's cringy

The only General in existence is the crap I left in the toilet earlier.

For the last time, “Absurd” edit is not a mistake. It was a choice. One you may not agree with, but a choice nonetheless. You really think several people listened to it over and over before sending it off to the ether and no one noticed? 

Melissa is great. Your entire post was cringey.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Has anything happened on time, without delay, change of plan at all with ANY release with this band ever? Certainly not since pre '99....everything has had a fuck up, if you trace Oh My God, thro Chinese, 3D Gig, Song false starts, Perhaps leak and delay, to this and all that was meant/rumoured to happen inbetween and never did...

It's tradition at this point and just how it is and always WILL be. If (like most of us) you can be on board with that, we'll go nuts today (and a bit of tomorrow) and then come Dec 7th we'll do this ALL again but hopefully we all party like it's 99 (a reference that works for both Guns and Prince...) which is a good cue, as I'm away to listen to 33 new Prince tracks that are being released in 40 minutes....hopefully his estate don't send an email in 39 minutes "Sorry but Prince telepathically communicated to us this morning to pull the release..."

Actually, it has. The Hard Skool CD shipped a month earlier than announced and the HS vinyl 6 whole months earlier. That was unprecedented and probably will never happen again :lol:

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

For the last time, “Absurd” edit is not a mistake. It was a choice. One you may not agree with, but a choice nonetheless. You really think several people listened to it and and over before sending it off to the ether and no one noticed? 

Melissa is great. Your entire post was cringey.

If that was the case then it would be done that was live too, right? 

Well, that's your opinion that you're entitled to 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now don't talk down to me you condescending little shit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I almost think GNR management has had enough with our side of the fanbase and is trying to just get rid of us. A lot of the hardcore fans seem very burned over this, and I don’t think I’m really going to be supporting the band anymore myself. People will write this off as a conspiracy, and it may be, but there’s almost no other explanation that makes sense. It really feels like the hardcore fans are just hated and something management and the band would rather be without.

Guns is a mass market band. Forums represent a fraction of the consumers. Forums dig up things the band would rather keep a lid on, because of reasons. So TB would have an incentive to view active forum posters as meddlers.

Their silence in the midst of all this speaks volumes.

Just now, denin said:

Guns is a mass market band. Forums represent a fraction of the consumers. Forums dig up things the band would rather keep a lid on, because of reasons. So TB would have an incentive to view active forum posters as meddlers.

Their silence in the midst of all this speaks volumes.

Because they're parasitic leech freaks.

If we end up getting "The General And Monsters" and this is all a typo issue, then we aren't actually TECHNICALLY getting "The General"... Im going to poop now

1 minute ago, Roses4L said:

I named my Fantasy Football team: The General..... Now I look stupid.  

lul xD #RiP

Just now, PaoloLA said:

You think he’ll address the delay tomorrow night in Denver? Fuck I would like to hear an explanation. But we all know, we all highly doubt it.

Hope he finally gets fuckin booed off the stage like he deserves.

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pathetic!  I ordered this and a Taylor Swift album for my daughter around the same time with the same release date.  TS album has already shipped and should be here tomorrow.  These idiots can't release 1 "old" song.  If TS could not get her fans the album they pre-ordered, and announcement with exactly why and what the plans are would have been made immediately.   These fools can't even be bothered to give us one the lame excuses.  At least tell me "plans changed" or "due to uncontrolled circumstances" or "legal issues".  They won't because there is no reason.

• Like 2

This whole situation has brought us all together. some of us from the old NewGnr days. Isnt that the most important thing? pretty crazy how shit works out. ok im done being sappy IM FRACKIN PISSED

Edited by Miden34
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

You think he’ll address the delay tomorrow night in Denver? Fuck I would like to hear an explanation. But we all know, we all highly doubt it.

No. He’ll trot on stage Mickey-ing the entire setlist as thousands of soccer moms say he’s better than ever. He’ll say “this is a new song. This is Hard Skool” and “this is a loving, happy song” before YCBM. And then this cycle will continue until he retires and us fans get fucking lied to frequently off stage.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No. He’ll trot on stage Mickey-ing the entire setlist as thousands of soccer moms say he’s better than ever. He’ll say “this is a new song. This is Hard Skool” and “this is a loving, happy song” before YCBM. And then this cycle will continue until he retires and us fans get fucking lied to frequently off stage.

You forgot about him calling Duff's voice 'sexually intoxicating' before he runs off stage to mount Beta for a couple minutes

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1