Posters who are MIA? 🤔😫😩

Karice

Forums ebb and flow, it’s always been like that.  Peoples lives change, they go on holiday, they move house, some are just seasonal members that come back when something interesting happens, and that’s it.  I’ve been on a couple of forums since 2002 and have posted regularly up until this year.  I just haven’t got anything to say on there at the moment.  I’ve become good friends with many and met them in person.   They’ve noticed my absence, but it’s a forum.  Most don’t care or haven’t noticed as there are so many members and it’s about the current conversation or new thing happening.  And as newer members join and the conversations repeat themselves, there’s even less chance of the old regulars being noticed as being absent over time.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, willl said:

Not sure if they posted here tbh. Re-reading the post at Evo and they maybe didn't even post there, I think the guy who posted it was just talking about members who've passed within the GNR community itself. I said "around 5" as I was going from memory, but it was actually 3 names shared: EFISH, Robman, and Abominable Homan.

I'm sure plenty of others will be gone too. Kinda weird that if someone bumps an old topic you could be reading/replying to someone who's now dead.

It was sad as fuck when Homan passed. He was excited for the reunion 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 2:31 PM, lame ass security said:

That's a bad thing about these forums, sometimes people just disappear for various reasons. There was a guy on here, I'm sure people remember him, named @Len Cnut. He was hilarious and was probably my favorite poster who suddenly just vanished. 

I recently saw Len Cnut on another Website that I frequently post and visit on. 😀

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, Billy Cundy said:

Expecting people to give a toss as to whether you’re not posting in some forum is …. Not it. For most people, their own online presence is a fractional part of their life and concern.. let alone anyone else’s online presence.

reassess your expectations of others, Karice, you will only be let down!

A guy in 2010,  Movielover and I had nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek movie on the old IMDb Messageboards when the movie was in it's first or second werk in the theaters. I thought we were Friends because of our nice conversations about GHTTG movie. He soon stopped posting on the GHTTG messageboard. I assumed he lost interest in the GHTTG movie as a lot of people lose interest in movies after the first or second werk.

On the WWE RAW board, Posters were attacking me because of me gushing about how "real," the Randy Orton and Triple H fight looked. Posters were like,"Wrestling is scripted, you idiot!" Movielover came to the WWE RAW board and I honestly thought he was going to defend me against my attackers and say something like,"You guys need to stop attacking my Friend, Karice. She's a nice poster and you guys are jerks " Instead, Movielover said something like,"I don't blame you guys one bit for attacking Karice. She and I had nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek movie on the GHTTG messageboard, but I soon realized she had a creepy obsession with GHTTG movie and I couldn't stand her creepy obsession. Her creepy obsession with the movie actually started to turn me off the movie itself and I was out and never went back. Karice is a creepy poster who deserves all the attacks you guys are giving her." I was stunned as I truly thought Movielover and I were Friends and he was going to DEFEND me, not agree with my attackers and attack me too! 😳😱 

I posted something like,"Wow. I thought Movielover and I were Friends judging by our nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek..I definitely wasn't expecting him to attack me and defend my attackers. I've gotta stop thinking nice conversations equals friendship ." Posters replied stuff like,"You thought you and Movielover were Friends because you and he had nice conversations about a MOVIE? Nice conversations about a movie aren't even personal, it's polite small talk! What the hell is wrong with you, you IDIOT?  Movielover was like,"I can't believe you thought we were friends because of nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek. Something is VERY wrong with you."

I'm STILL upset at Movielover turning on me in 2010, and that was 13 years ago. I know that Movielover would have most likely permanently forgotten about me way back in 2010,  and I should have gotten over Movielover turning on me and defending my attackers in 2010, but I am STILL hurt in 2023 by him turning on me and defending my attackers. 😞

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:31 AM, Karice said:

Speaking of Dexter, I remember Posters on the Bad Apples Forum saying stuff like,"Did Dexter think those weird cornrows in the early 2000's looked good on him? Dexter was such a good singer in the 80's and 90's and now sounds like Mickey Mouse. " Dexter hasn't had a new album since 2008, over a decade ago! Dexter needs to get with the program and drop a new album pronto! "Dexter was on fire in the 80's and 99's, but he's now a washed up has been! Dexter was so fit and good looking in the 80's and 90's and is now a fat, creepy looking loser."

I replied something like,"Why are you guys  calling  Axl Dexter? 😵‍💫🧐🫨🤨😒 This is even worse than when people call him Axel or Axle!" The reply was something like,"Axl joined Fan Websites under the screen name Dexter and chatted with Fans."

Jesus christ

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Karice said:

A guy in 2010,  Movielover and I had nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek movie on the old IMDb Messageboards when the movie was in it's first or second werk in the theaters. I thought we were Friends because of our nice conversations about GHTTG movie. He soon stopped posting on the GHTTG messageboard. I assumed he lost interest in the GHTTG movie as a lot of people lose interest in movies after the first or second werk.

On the WWE RAW board, Posters were attacking me because of me gushing about how "real," the Randy Orton and Triple H fight looked. Posters were like,"Wrestling is scripted, you idiot!" Movielover came to the WWE RAW board and I honestly thought he was going to defend me against my attackers and say something like,"You guys need to stop attacking my Friend, Karice. She's a nice poster and you guys are jerks " Instead, Movielover said something like,"I don't blame you guys one bit for attacking Karice. She and I had nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek movie on the GHTTG messageboard, but I soon realized she had a creepy obsession with GHTTG movie and I couldn't stand her creepy obsession. Her creepy obsession with the movie actually started to turn me off the movie itself and I was out and never went back. Karice is a creepy poster who deserves all the attacks you guys are giving her." I was stunned as I truly thought Movielover and I were Friends and he was going to DEFEND me, not agree with my attackers and attack me too! 😳😱 

I posted something like,"Wow. I thought Movielover and I were Friends judging by our nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek..I definitely wasn't expecting him to attack me and defend my attackers. I've gotta stop thinking nice conversations equals friendship ." Posters replied stuff like,"You thought you and Movielover were Friends because you and he had nice conversations about a MOVIE? Nice conversations about a movie aren't even personal, it's polite small talk! What the hell is wrong with you, you IDIOT?  Movielover was like,"I can't believe you thought we were friends because of nice conversations about Get Him To The Greek. Something is VERY wrong with you."

I'm STILL upset at Movielover turning on me in 2010, and that was 13 years ago. I know that Movielover would have most likely permanently forgotten about me way back in 2010,  and I should have gotten over Movielover turning on me and defending my attackers in 2010, but I am STILL hurt in 2023 by him turning on me and defending my attackers. 😞

these long posts about your adventures on other forums are only interesting for you, no offense. I know it's my choice to read some of your posts and I can just ignore it, but something feels wrong, like you're looking for approval on social media to an unhealthy extent. It's not pretty. If I'm being too harsh, forgive me, but from what you're describing, your behavior doesn't seem right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

these long posts about your adventures on other forums are only interesting for you, no offense. I know it's my choice to read some of your posts and I can just ignore it, but something feels wrong, like you're looking for approval on social media to an unhealthy extent. It's not pretty. If I'm being too harsh, forgive me, but from what you're describing, your behavior doesn't seem right.

I know I'm being irrational about being upset about something a Poster did to me 13 years ago, and it's not one of my proudest moments. 🫤

2 minutes ago, Karice said:

I know I'm being irrational about being upset about something a Poster did to me 13 years ago, and it's not one of my proudest moments. 🫤

but you keep doing it anyway, in general, no? and I'm not talking about that specific incident, I'm talking about your need to tell everyone online how other people are treating you. Maybe you should try to find ways to feel good about yourself without it having anything to do with what people are saying about you and stop broadcasting every single thought that comes to your head. It's tedious and I'm guessing why a lot of people don't find interacting with you enjoyable, though you seem to be a good person and I have nothing against your online presence.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

but you keep doing it anyway, in general, no? and I'm not talking about that specific incident, I'm talking about your need to tell everyone online how other people are treating you. Maybe you should try to find ways to feel good about yourself without it having anything to do with what people are saying about you and stop broadcasting every single thought that comes to your head. It's tedious and I'm guessing why a lot of people don't find interacting with you enjoyable, though you seem to be a good person and I have nothing against your online presence.

From what she says, she is autistic. Why people keep reacting to her in a joking or negative manner is something I don't understand. 
From what I can tell, she's not offending anyone, so if someone is really that bothered by an autistic person expressing their thoughts on a forum, put her on ignore already. It's not rocket science, ya know...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

From what she says, she is autistic. Why people keep reacting to her in a joking or negative manner is something I don't understand. 
From what I can tell, she's not offending anyone, so if someone is really that bothered by an autistic person expressing their thoughts on a forum, put her on ignore already. It's not rocket science, ya know...

Oh man, I forgot. Sorry, Karice 

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Thank you, EvanG for standing up for me. 😀 It means a lot to me. 😀

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

yes, I know she said she's autistic and I believe her. I chose to comment on it not cause it bothers me to the extent that I have to react to it but was trying to help her so it was coming from a good place. I don't want to put her on ignore, but maybe it's not my place to say anything, as I don't think she listens anyway which is fine, I guess.