Which remaining Chinese track do you most want to hear live (W- Slash N Duff)

Which Chinese Track Not Performed Live During the Reunion (Slash N Duff) Do You Wanna Hear And Why?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First topic started in years....thought I'd post as I'm interested in what others are hoping they do next Chinese wise....(I think they've dolled them out like "new tracks" to appease the curious a bit over the years...) Still think we may get at least one of these.

It's still a bit surreal having Slash play on 9(!) ChiDem tracks so far, personally although not always great (of late) at points he's done some cool work on most of the tracks at somepoint or another...

Personally I missed I.R.S the most, still have a cool video I shot of Axl's long note circa 2010 O2 Arena...what a night and probably put us on the path we breathe now, with Duff's reunion that night with Axl! 

It's just a cool little rock moment on Chinese, has great guitar work for Slash to get stuck in, closer to more traditional GNR styles, I'm surprised they didn't tackle this one (yet)...Vocal would of been hard going though! 

SHACKLER'S, how would he tackle that? If The World would fit nicely with his latter DTJ work, eh?

Thoughts?

Edited by colonizedmind

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Haha...yea but tell me what you really think! IF you had to pick with a gun to your head....

I think they have played enough songs off CD and all the good ones that could fit to the current set, and it's nice that they're still having some of them on rotation. But I would really prefer a nice new cover over any of the remaining ones. Maybe I wouldn't mind I.R.S., but I don't think Axl could sing it well nowadays.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think they have played enough songs off CD and all the good ones that could fit to the current set, and it's nice that they're still having some of them on rotation. But I would really prefer a nice new cover over any of the remaining ones. Maybe I wouldn't mind I.R.S., but I don't think Axl could sing it well nowadays.

I hear you...yes, a tough sing for him...I think Slash could enjoy playing that one though, some nice rocking guitar and actually sounds more like him than most stuff on Chinese! The outro is still badass.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

i've voted IRS but i personally think Riad could work i dont know but i think its more likely then IRS

Interesting...the guitar work isn't classic Slash so could see it being a big reinvention.....is it more the fact you'd like to hear the song again since it's the most underplayed CD song and we've not had it since 2002? 

Did that lawsuit ever get resolved?? 

31 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

IRS fits slash 100% in my opinion, but even prime 2010 Axl can be seen struggling with that one, so unfortunately i highly doubt it's ever coming back. 

The guy sings songs like Coma, which we previously would of said, no way now....I don't think he won't attempt because it's difficult, he'll play whatever takes his fancy....whether it would be passable is questionable ...still, at the very least would like to see what Slash sounds like on it as a completionist....Axl 2016 could of done IRS fine...in AC/DC mode. That would of been a good time for it....

45 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

IRS fits slash 100% in my opinion, but even prime 2010 Axl can be seen struggling with that one, so unfortunately i highly doubt it's ever coming back. 

To be fair ....pretty much nailed it here, intense song!!...the scream was a bit longer and better night one, though that seems to have disappeared off YT! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IRS would sound the best with the current band, but I voted for Shacklers Revenge.

It's probably the least 'Slash-like' song off that album so I'm curious to hear what he'd do to it.

Plus I'm sure I remember reading that it was either rehearsed or on a setlist early in the NITL days

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

27 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Sadly none, there's no way he could pull these off. 

I can hear it in my head him trying to do Shacklers. 

"...I don't....a reason I don't... leave it...reason I don't....*painful forced rasp and faster than it should be* BELIEVE IT..."

Yea....well it's easy and fair to imagine how he would/could cope....but try and vote based on the song you miss and like the most and I suppose the interest is more leaning to how Slash and Duff (altho he did Shackler's etc) would sound....Not looking likely but who knows, Axl is never predictable with his voice. He got fitter, he did sound better than recent years....he needs to hire the best rock coach and go super deciplined for one last album and big tour....entirely up to him, it's possible! Tyler had throat surgery and recovered better than ever for a while....Axl should consider this too. You can laser away the bad shit and damage these days...

Edited by colonizedmind