Duff McKagan on Guns N’ Roses tour and new solo album

21 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

Yeah digital only. They usually come out 5-8 weeks after the album to re-boost on streaming platforms as a “new release”.

Yeah. It bothers me less when it's digital only. I've had a few bands recently though do it with CDs and physical stuff, which is very annoying. I'd have bought the deluxe initially, but I don't want to buy the same album twice! 

Agreed on Longfeather. Great song. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Weird with the Manchester show - he played a venue half the size last tour and it didn't sell out! 

Would much have preferred him to do the same place.....

Will probably still go, but makes me a bit less enthusiastic. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, Swedish said:

That's a later tour start than I would've anticipated. Why wait until fall?

He said he wanted to take a break from touring after the GN'R tour. He also plans to release another album by the time he hits the road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Oran mor is a great shout for a beautifully intimate venue in Glasgow! 

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He said he wanted to take a break from touring after the GN'R tour. He also plans to release another album by the time he hits the road.

As well as the deluxe....ok! I guess all the songs they wrote for GNR are being repurposed now? As that's not coming any century soon.... Who knows! 

45 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

As well as the deluxe....ok! I guess all the songs they wrote for GNR are being repurposed now? As that's not coming any century soon.... Who knows! 

As much as we all wish it wasn’t so, it appears the only real creative outlet for Duff and Slash are to release their own albums outside of Guns. Sure, they worked on some old songs that were previously recorded by another band, and I sincerely hope we get a compilation album with some more unheard tracks. But they didn’t create those songs. 

The next album Duff puts out will consist of songs he recorded or updated during the lockdown specifically for his own solo projects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

He has said that he wrote about 60 songs during the pandemic and then continued writing, so he has to release at least some of those. He also said that he has a "GN'R" folder (as well as for Iggy, Ozzy etc.) on his laptop (and mentioned the "Amen" song along the lines of that) but most of the songs are solo songs.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He has said that he wrote about 60 songs during the pandemic and then continued writing, so he has to release at least some of those. He also said that he has a "GN'R" folder (as well as for Iggy, Ozzy etc.) on his laptop (and mentioned the "Amen" song along the lines of that) but most of the songs are solo songs.

Well....sure but it just leaves me imagining what all these songs over the year would of been like with Axl and GNR....we start with Snake Pit tunes to Ashba album 😏 all the way to now...."Fall to Pieces" even, would of been amazing with at the time Axl! Lots were put under his nose and he sniffed NO THANKS...Still wouldn't hate that coming to the set list these days....I'm guessing at least Slither is one he obviously would of been down with....

Do we think amongst many issues, one of Axl's is, he's extra particular? 😏

18 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

But i don't understand..... in the vip package... there is a photo without Duff???

On his stage with your own posse

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brad_k said:

London venue website is showing from £55 for a ticket, guess we’ll see at 9 but that is way too fucking much

London is it's own economy sometimes....I expect venues to vary per size....🎸

6 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

The UK is in Europe though...

I know...typical post Brexit shit! It has made touring Europe soo hard (expensive!!) for upstarts 🫤

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well....sure but it just leaves me imagining what all these songs over the year would of been like with Axl and GNR....we start with Snake Pit tunes to Ashba album 😏 all the way to now...."Fall to Pieces" even, would of been amazing with at the time Axl! Lots were put under his nose and he sniffed NO THANKS...Still wouldn't hate that coming to the set list these days....I'm guessing at least Slither is one he obviously would of been down with....

Do we think amongst many issues, one of Axl's is, he's extra particular? 😏

On his stage with your own posse

No artist partecipation is written 

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

What are these prices?!

"Intimate" inflation? 

I was expecting £20-30...if you don't have a hit song and it's a side-project and you're more a name, usually tickets are by standard, cheaper....

I like Duffs new stuff but £55 is getting close to what I paid for Green Day with whole day of other big names! 

• Like 2