Duff McKagan on Guns N’ Roses tour and new solo album

In between the two solo offerings, two anonymous figures bearing an uncanny resemblance to McKagan and his Fastbacks buddy Kurt Bloch dropped an album as Max Creeps — a quasi-mysterious duo with a fake backstory (delivered with a wink) about the Seattle band that supposedly invented punk rock.

To continue reading, log in or subscribe.

Already a subscriber? Log in now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mister mosh said:

Speaking of Duff, didnt Eddie Trunk reveal via his Twitter that he interviewed him at Power Trip backstage for his radio show? and for those that listened, did that ever get posted and anything cool discussed/revealed from the interview?

It hasn't aired yet, but it's probably just a 5-minute interview.

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

“Once the creativity thing’s going, just writing or whatever, it begets more creativity,” McKagan said. “So, I just kept writing more songs. Four weeks turned into eight and eight weeks, as we know, turned into two years.”

It's a shame this quote doesn't apply to GNR itself - creativity begets 10 years of copy/pasting and re-recording parts upon parts on ProTools until early versions of the songs leak and you are forced to release something lol

• Like 4

Duff will be on the AXS show called The Power Hour in the coming weeks. 

The new GNR video for Perhaps was voted Number 1 and Duff introduced it. Very cool to see GNR back on top.

Always liked Duff. His book was awesome. So glad he got clean because he's a super cool and smart guy.

Always been an accept to GNR from the beginning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The rockers have been on tour virtually full-time since they reformed seven years ago. They’ve released just two new songs, Hard Skool and Perhaps, but McKagan reassures fans a new album will happen eventually, promising: “Don’t worry, we’ve got this.”

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1824074/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-new-album

The pancreas... I read It...thank you.

So Axl Is the historian of the Band...and he remembers everything! What a book his autobiography would be!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lethalis said:

So if I got this right...

Friday 20th october: release of Duff's Lighthouse LP.
Friday 27th october: release of The General.

"Don't worry we've got this": release of a new GNR album :lol:

What if The General has Tommy Stinson on bass guitar?

I said this in the other thread, but I'll repeat it here:

I want to know exactly what the question was that was asked to Duff. The journalist here has given Duff's quote, but not the question posed to him. This is important because:

"Can Guns N' Roses fans be on the lookout for new material?" - Don't worry, we've got this, is a lot different than, "Is Guns N' Roses working on a new album?" - Don't worry, we've got this.

It's an important distinction because The General and Atlas Shrugged both qualify as new material and we know The General is on the way, and Atlas very well could be next. But that's a long way from a new album.

• Like 1