Duff McKagan on Guns N’ Roses tour and new solo album

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Bought the album yesterday, o my played it through once. 

Always like his stuff, and like this one. On first listen the production sounds a bit 'muddy' though, and I think it might have benefited from a cleaner approach. Anyone else think the same? 

Gonna listen at the weekend ....he's had some great reviews from some tough critics'...think I read a 4/5 in MOJO ! Praising it...that Dylan recommendation has done him wonders....

25 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Looks like mine should be delivered tomorrow. I’ll be listening to this while everyone complains about not having received their Perhaps / General 7” yet :lol:

It's a real grower. First play through I thought it was decent, now I really love it. 

And yeah, it's great to have music released in a normal fashion with zero drama and confusion! 

• Haha 1

Another interview. Duff says he may tour his album in spring and meanwhile he will probably release more material. He implies that the extension of the GN'R tour kind of messed up the release of Lighthouse:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-wants-to-play-some-really-cool-shows-in-support-of-his-lighthouse-album

• Wow 1

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Another interview. Duff says he may tour his album in spring and meanwhile he will probably release more material. He implies that the extension of the GN'R tour kind of messed up the release of Lighthouse:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-wants-to-play-some-really-cool-shows-in-support-of-his-lighthouse-album

Awesome, can't wait for the tour. Slash is hitting my hometown on his tour, so hopefully Duff will take notes on this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two more interviews (audio):

https://music.apple.com/us/station/strombo-with-duff-mckagan/ra.1716437908 (available only on Apple Music for the time being)

https://loudwire.com/listen-live/ (press Play and then go to "Loudwire Nights: On Demand")

In the second one he talks a bit about the GN'R tour and the Perhaps video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Nice :headbang:

I never clicked with Tenderness, but Lighthouse is a great record, in my opinion. Nice to see the record and him and the band getting more exposure!

It's a great album, heavier than tenderness

• 2 months later...

Expanded edition is out today! I was hoping for a new version of Mezz with Slash from the same sessions Hope is from, but the new tune with Jesse Dayton is cool.

I think Longfeather is the best solo Guns song since they reunited.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bmus1 said:

Expanded edition is out today! I was hoping for a new version of Mezz with Slash from the same sessions Hope is from, but the new tune with Jesse Dayton is cool.

I think Longfeather is the best solo Guns song since they reunited.

Is this digital only? 

I find these kinds of things really annoying when bands do them well after the release date- sort of a kick in the teeth to the people that go out and buy the album on release. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Is this digital only? 

I find these kinds of things really annoying when bands do them well after the release date- sort of a kick in the teeth to the people that go out and buy the album on release. 

Yeah digital only. They usually come out 5-8 weeks after the album to re-boost on streaming platforms as a “new release”.