Duff McKagan on Guns N’ Roses tour and new solo album

Duff's full interview with Classic Rock Germany has been released (as you all may remember, there was a quote from it - the one about "GN'R related news" - in an online review of the Frankfurt show which later disappeared from the website of the magazine). There's nothing about GN'R in this one, as far as I can tell. If anyone is interested in reading it (in German):

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8070-2023-11-dd-classic-rock-germany-a-few-chords-and-the-truth-duff

He also did an interview with an Italian magazine (in Italian):

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8071-2023-10-dd-guitar-club-magazine-italy-interview-with-duff

• Like 1

Duff is doing his best.with what he has control over. He doesn't really call the shots over what happens in GnR, so I don't judge for just giving canned answers to everything.

I still think his interviews are boring, but not because of the lack of meaningful things about GnR. 

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's in the German interview

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8070-2023-11-dd-classic-rock-germany-a-few-chords-and-the-truth-duff

From auto-translation:

How does it actually feel to be praised by Bob Dylan?

(laughs) That's something, right? I remember it was a Tuesday evening. Suddenly I was constantly receiving messages from friends all over the world. Even Axl reached out to me and said, "Dude, have you seen that?" For the music I write, that's probably the greatest honor you can receive. I don't know him personally, the man is Bob Dylan after all. I don't even know what to say about that.

This 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Another quote from the interview with Classic Rock Germany (auto-translated):

You have 60 songs already recorded...

Yes, and since we've been on tour with Guns N' Roses, I've already added another 15 ideas. Before I even go on tour with LIGHTHOUSE, I'll probably release another solo record. There's so much material out there and my management agrees that we need to get it out. What should we wait for? For me to be 70?

I wish Axl thought along the same lines...

So, I assume the GNR hiatus Will be a long one....so we must see Axl as lot because he Will dissapear

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

You guys are vicious. These promo interviews that Duff and Slash do are puff pieces. They're just vehicles to promote new records and tours. We're not gonna get any juice information on GNR's plans. There are no concrete plans save for tour dates anyway.

Seriously. Do people expect them to divulge anything when they are on a press tour for their solo work? 

By now we should all know the drill. Things change in the GNR world. It’s best to just not say anything and let things happen or not. The alternative is they say something, it catches fire publicly and then it doesn’t happen. It makes people look even more incompetent. 

We all know who controls what happens with the band in 2023. Nothing is going change that. They’ve been active. They’ve released music. Not sure if we can expect much of anything else at this point 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 8:02 AM, jamillos said:

I mean, what is he gonna do - fire them? I don't think so. :) 

He could go into invisible mode and disappear again. Nobody wants that. Slash and Duff like things the way they are. They're just along for the ride and the paycheck.

And they're free to do their solo stuff too for fun and creativity, so why bother anyways.