11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

Imagine being told 10 years ago that Axl, Slash and Duff would all be playing together and then someone shows you the setlists from this tour and tells you that they are going to release the fucking General and they played it live lol.

We have it good.  This band is awesome 

Yup :headbang:

I’ll take what I can get, and 2016- now has been solid. Reunion, killer voice in 2016, marathon sets in 2017, proshot leaks, the locker leaks, 4 new songs (soon to be 5 with Monsters), deep cuts in the set. 

For GNR standards, it beats 2009-2014

• Like 3

On 11/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I get what you're saying. The General isn't the worst thing they've done.

I meant the live performance. Axl's vocals were not good, imo.

Axl should have debuted the song in a humid climate- Texas, Louisiana, Florida,etc 

We have proof his voice, and rasp,  is suited for that climate but he really struggles in arid or low humidity climates....like California. 

Surely, he's picked up on this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

What is it about this year...did Axl get some work done? As he just seems to have a look and been channelling a lot more of the 90s Axl aura and confidence that I thought had gone....he's soo relaxed and loving life, happy to play and be silly....

Shit actually,.if THIS was 91, 3 frames later he would of been mid air dive

"MR security...."

remember he was in Colombia I think early this year, usually the go abroad to have sem cells and other treatments. He not only looks better, he moves more fluid too. He also lost some pounds and seems he was working out too

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

remember he was in Colombia I think early this year, usually the go abroad to have sem cells and other treatments. He not only looks better, he moves more fluid too. He also lost some pounds and seems he was working out too

All positive things... definitely loosened up...now that General makes it appearance which surely would of been Oct 27th if the delayed hadn't occured, I now wish they had 4 or 5 more shows to polish it and add Monsters to book end a great year and tour....

The standout for me was how relaxed Axl was in speaking to the crowd and introducing the song when in years gone by and even as recently as the Tottenham shows was seemingly very anxious about performances etc.

Edited by UK_GNR

3 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

Yay, my first Guns show! I was blown away by how charismatic Axl is in person, I was mesmerized :)

I remember seeing youtube vids from GNRs show at the ritz and then some UYI world tour shows especially Paris 92' and I was blown away not only was Axl the best RnR singer around but in my opinion one of the greatest frontmen of all time top 3, easily.

• Like 1