11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

13 hours ago, DK6 said:

Lot more people saying:

"I was right it is 2 songs!"

Than saying:

"I was wrong its not buckethead"

Funny that....

Both the "it's two parts of the same song" and the "it's buckethead" theories are kinda outlandish to me. But the "it's Buckethead" one is a bit less absurd. It's easy to figure it out, though. Slash does his "shredding" with really fast picking while Buckethead almost always goes for tapping, which produces a whole different sound. The "it's two parts of the same song" people, though, were kinda crazy. They were blinded but what they WANTED The General to be, they couldn't see what it actually was in fact. It happens when people get lost within their own fan theories.

9 minutes ago, Politania said:

I've never heard "the General", this was my first time. I couldb't undestand lyrics, So i've searched in internet and I found this:

Daddy, don't
I swear I won't
I'll be good from now on
And I'm awful sorry
Daddy don't
The hell I won't
I won't be good anymore
And you'll all be sorry

[Refrain]
Can anybody tell me why the pain, it just won't stop?
Can anybody help me?
This pain, it just won't stop

[Chorus]
My only regret
Is that I never took the time to forgive
All those unspoken feelings
That were never spared
And those who understand
And lack self respect
And not the sordid meaning

[Verse]
Daddy, don't
I swear I won't
I'll be good from now on
And I'm awful sorry
Daddy don't
The hell I won't
I won't be good anymore
And you'll all be sorry

Is this real lyrics of The General?   If it's so,  it means it's very personal lyrics of Axl.

More or less. Yes, the lyrics are highly likely very personal to Axl. It was also said back in 2001 that he did work on a song about child abuse, likely The General.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:19 AM, Rindmelon said:

I threw a multicam mix of it together with the improved audio

https://krakenfiles.com/view/mk7cJd3G16/file.html

I hear some people have had trouble with this link so here is the same video through wetransfer

https://go.wetransfer.com/t-eCztWivk7S

Dam there better video and audio out there now maybe i should have waited lol

(edit) i have a bootleg for this show now and seeing there's better video i'll redo this when i get chance.

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Thanks 3
  • GNFNR 1

With the performance of this song I’m almost seeing the band in a new light, as entering into a new period as a functioning collaborative that releases music, I also see them further now from AFD/UYI as I ever have. It’s almost as if this lineup has legitimacy as a stand-alone act. They’ve been performing under the name “Guns N’ Roses” for a long time without it ever feeling that they were greater than the sum of their parts or that it wasn’t ever them just trying to relive the past (I’ve never felt that Slash has been totally committed to this thing), and Duff has only been along for a hell of a ride. It looks a little bit different now, shame this period will last only for a few days. They need to get back out on the road next summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Axl's photobomb

398007160-865637355120497-40871067920579  GIFMaker-me.gif

What is it about this year...did Axl get some work done? As he just seems to have a look and been channelling a lot more of the 90s Axl aura and confidence that I thought had gone....he's soo relaxed and loving life, happy to play and be silly....

Shit actually,.if THIS was 91, 3 frames later he would of been mid air dive

"MR security...."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

What is it about this year...did Axl get some work done? As he just seems to have a look and been channelling a lot more of the 90s Axl aura and confidence that I thought had gone....he's soo relaxed and loving life, happy to play and be silly....

Shit actually,.if THIS was 91, 3 frames later he would of been mid air dive

"MR security...."

Yeah in San Diego I noticed he looked to be in fantastic shape, slimmed way down compared to 2016.  Never saw him smile as much as he did that show either, which especially seeing old footage of Axl with a ton weighing on his mind it is nice to see!  He seems to be in a good place in life

35 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thank you for those pictures. They are great. I have a very soft spot for Axl AND he looks fantastic 

Yes, there's a lot of great pictures of Axl from this tour This is among the best ones, I think (from Denmark in June):

2023_139.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

why is his head almost as big as his entire torso in this pic. WTF is going on here???:huh:

20231718.jpg

There are other pictures like that from these shows. Probably something to do with the angle the pictures were taken (very close to the stage and upwards).

• Like 2