THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

Do we have any further info regards TGAM's is two songs, or one song together. Or if they are finished mixed/mastered songs? 

Or do we need to wait until early December to answer these questions? 

At first I didn't like TG, but it's growing on me. Monster is definitely a monster of a track imo. #excitingtimes4gnrfans

25 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't know but I still hope the registered name means those two will be released together in some way. 

Also Fernando's quip and the two songs leaking together.

10 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Do we have any further info regards TGAM's is two songs, or one song together. Or if they are finished mixed/mastered songs? 

Or do we need to wait until early December to answer these questions?

We need to wait, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

que? What quip?

He said The General is a monster (or something like that), which is more than likely a humorous response to him knowing we all for years assumed what we knew of as Monsters (the 2010 party recording, etc.) was The General, when in fact The General was a completely different song than what we thought, since the orchestra was similar. 

Fernando aside....

The registration of the song as 'one' is the biggest mystery/clue. It is clear that they are indeed separate songs so why the fuck would they be registered together unless it was for a really good reason? Anyone found a separate registration as of yet for either song? 

The fact they were leaked together from the same source... Likely to be quite recent recordings as they appear to be finished tracks (although lower audio quality). 

The timing of the leaks is also crucial. 

The communication from GNR hinted at a 'quality' issue which would could be a problem if they were trying to add a hidden track. 

Still holding out some hope this end, especially as I just don't feel either track is good enough on its own but together they do sound more impressive, telling a story. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bangit said:

Fernando aside....

The registration of the song as 'one' is the biggest mystery/clue. It is clear that they are indeed separate songs so why the fuck would they be registered together unless it was for a really good reason? Anyone found a separate registration as of yet for either song? 

The fact they were leaked together from the same source... Likely to be quite recent recordings as they appear to be finished tracks (although lower audio quality). 

The timing of the leaks is also crucial. 

The communication from GNR hinted at a 'quality' issue which would could be a problem if they were trying to add a hidden track. 

Still holding out some hope this end, especially as I just don't feel either track is good enough on its own but together they do sound more impressive, telling a story. 

Some people think that the registration could be a mistake. I've been checking the other databases (BMI that collects royalties for Brain and GMR that collects royalties for Slash and Duff) but it hasn't been added there yet. If they're registered together there, too, it's not a mistake.

Anyone think it’s possible we haven’t heard all of the general? For over a decade we’ve all tha ought it to be this epic song and it’s just not that at all .don’t get me wrong, I like it, but it’s really only 1 verse and a chorus on repeat. I do think it has good bones, but imo it needs more. I get that it’s a “B” side, but wouldn’t it be cool if there more to it, and we just got a small portion of it, to keep the mystery alive, they played what leaked their last 2 shows to keep us from digging further? Come December our minds will be blown with the epic 10 minute version lol. One can dream I suppose. I will say, in listening to the village leaks, many of CD was way different then the demo version

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Anyone think it’s possible we haven’t heard all of the general? For over a decade we’ve all tha ought it to be this epic song and it’s just not that at all .don’t get me wrong, I like it, but it’s really only 1 verse and a chorus on repeat. I do think it has good bones, but imo it needs more. I get that it’s a “B” side, but wouldn’t it be cool if there more to it, and we just got a small portion of it, to keep the mystery alive, they played what leaked their last 2 shows to keep us from digging further? Come December our minds will be blown with the epic 10 minute version lol. One can dream I suppose. I will say, in listening to the village leaks, many of CD was way different then the demo version

No CD song was "way different" than their respective demos. The structures of each song was exactly the same. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

They've played it live twice 🤦‍♂️

How else would Monsters have leaked if it wasn't supposed to be on the vinyl? I don't understand people's theories that we could see it as a B-Side to a future single. Wouldn't it leaking aside The General confirm it is supposed to be on the Vinyl coming soon as a bonus track? It seems really unlikely to me someone would have access to NITL mixes, and even more unlikely said person would leak them. It seems pretty clear it leaked by someone getting the cancelled vinyl (which with how many were supposed to be shipped, is incredibly likely).

57 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No CD song was "way different" than their respective demos. The structures of each song was exactly the same. 

Maybe the structures, but shacklers sounds way different to me. 

52 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

They've played it live twice 🤦‍♂️

I know they played it twice, the question was do you think there’s more to it? They could’ve just played what leaked. As I said, one can dream I suppose. I will say, they played silkworms live several times, but the official release is different

1 hour ago, mikeman5150 said:

Maybe the structures, but shacklers sounds way different to me. 

I know they played it twice, the question was do you think there’s more to it? They could’ve just played what leaked. As I said, one can dream I suppose. I will say, they played silkworms live several times, but the official release is different

But why would they play half a song?

I was open to the idea of it being one peice split in two by the leaker, but they've played 'The General' now. We've heard in in an official setting, they wouldn't play half of it then stop

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

But why would they play half a song?

I was open to the idea of it being one peice split in two by the leaker, but they've played 'The General' now. We've heard in in an official setting, they wouldn't play half of it then stop

It’s a reach, but I wouldn’t put it past Axl to have more of it locked away and we’ll only hear it on his watch. I guess we’ll know for sure in another month or so

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Found it on CMRRA (Canadian music rights database). Note that it mentions mechanical licensing, which is for physical copies. This registration seems also to have been submitted from Axl's end (Black Frog) though, like the SESAC registration. The writing credits are the same as on SESAC.

the_ge11.jpg

https://cmrradirect.cmrra.ca/WorkRegistration/ViewWork.aspx?workCode=105047175

My bet is on Monster being a separate song but bonus song. One more month to go and all will be revealed

• Like 4