Appetite for Distortion - Lost Slash/Chester Bennington song

On 11/20/2023 at 10:08 PM, Gambit83 said:

Recently interviewed producer Big Chris Flores. You may know him from Slash's solo album as he produced a few of the tracks. One of which was an unfinished demo from Chester Bennington that was shelved, and the song became Doctor Alibi with Lemmy. Below are the full episode and a highlight clip of the story behind it, full demo included in both. FYI I'd like to donate whatever YouTube gives me from these streams to charity, so I hope you listen often :) 

Saw it a while before this post, probably because blabbermouth or something picked it up! Nice traction @Gambit83congrats on the views and feedback, well deserved for your humble nature and hard work! Kudos..I was lucky enough to catch LP before Chester departed this earth and he was a total air siren! Incredible performer and wish he had done a proper solo album of his alternative voice, kinda showcased here....he was definitely NOT just a screamer, great range. 

👍

Edited by colonizedmind
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, default_ said:

I might be wrong but I remember listening to this years ago :question:

There was a shorter preview of it but not the whole track. 

7 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Crazy is definitely better than Dr Alibi imo.

Now all we need is The House Is Alive by VR. 

Never heard of that. What is known about it?

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Never heard of that. What is known about it?

Velvet Revolver song recorded in May 2006 for the film "Monster House" but was left off the soundtrack for the film and has never leaked. Speculation is that there was a problem with the record label that caused the song to get removed from the soundtrack. Produced by Dave Sardy. A finished mix exists. It's a bit of a 'Holy Grail' for VR fans. 

From a 2014 Dave Kushner Interview with AlternativeNation:

When it comes to unreleased Velvet Revolver material, there’s this song called “The House Is Alive” that was talked about in 2006 as well. 

“The House Is Alive” was a theme song for that Monster House animated movie.

I remember Slash saying that he fell asleep during the screening for that movie.

Yeah, I remember that, he totally did. But it was a kids movie, it wasn’t The Hulk or Fantastic Four.

Edited by History2010
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

Velvet Revolver song recorded in May 2006 for the film "Monster House" but was left off the soundtrack for the film and has never leaked. Speculation is that there was a problem with the record label that caused the song to get removed from the soundtrack. Produced by Dave Sardy. A finished mix exists. It's a bit of a 'Holy Grail' for VR fans. 

From a 2014 Dave Kushner Interview with AlternativeNation:

When it comes to unreleased Velvet Revolver material, there’s this song called “The House Is Alive” that was talked about in 2006 as well. 

“The House Is Alive” was a theme song for that Monster House animated movie.

I remember Slash saying that he fell asleep during the screening for that movie.

Yeah, I remember that, he totally did. But it was a kids movie, it wasn’t The Hulk or Fantastic Four.

Oh, one should think it's a song then, that's somewhat creepy and dark maybe... not to dark because it's a movie for kids but yeah, somewhat creepy.