2023 HIGHLIGHTS

2023 HIGHLIGHTS  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Soo long 2023....HAPPY NEW YEAR '24 GUNNERS !!

It's been a pretty good year in the world of GNR. Lots of fun 'n games and certainly a dash of drama too. 

While all poll choices had there arguments, for me...you can't quite beat seeing Guns headline Glasto and pull it off (decent reviews, considering the knifes were out) and yes, it's not heyday or even 2010 voice...but it was an Axl on full on charismatic mode...he oozed confidence that night and was the frontman of old! Incredible energy and best Rocket Queen for decades! 

So do any of the choices hit your highlight or what's your other?

Have a good night everyone...I suspect we should celebrate this year as the busiest since the reunion began and perhaps since '24 in general (ha) should be pretty quiet....🎉🤘

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Monsters leak, and it's not even close. Great song.

It's nice that they finally released The General too, but man that song (and it's production) were a let down. Still, I'll give them credit for finally releasing something that hadn't leaked years earlier.

This tour was easily their best since 2017, but I'm not sure why anyone would pick Glastonbury as a highlight. I enjoyed the show I saw, even if it wasn't the strongest night of the tour. It was nice to see Axl performing a 'new' song for the first time since 2010, and hearing songs that utilize his natural voice was great.

Because it had a great vibe, a decent proshot (video wise) and Axl was loving it...crowd (by video shots) were having fun! Also, just as a cultural moment, headlining a massive festival that is well regarded and important, is a bucket list tick for them and musical history moment. It matters more of you're British, I'd say....but it had by far, BY FAR the busiest thread of the tour...so i'd say, it was pretty important to their '23.

42 minutes ago, davisp said:

Monsters leak

Yea, I should of stuck that on, but wanted to keep to "official" happenings...but that's what the "other" is for...any yes, amazing moment! Agreed.

43 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Because it had a great vibe, a decent proshot (video wise) and Axl was loving it...crowd (by video shots) were having fun! Also, just as a cultural moment, headlining a massive festival that is well regarded and important, is a bucket list tick for them and musical history moment. It matters more of you're British, I'd say....but it had by far, BY FAR the busiest thread of the tour...so i'd say, it was pretty important to their '23.

Yea, I should of stuck that on, but wanted to keep to "official" happenings...but that's what the "other" is for...any yes, amazing moment! Agreed.

It was a fun thread and it's nice to have such a high quality pro-shot, and of course it's a huge festival, but for all the hype around it - it's just another show on the tour. Nice that they shortened RQ, but no Anything Goes, Wichita, or rarities... also the European crowds kinda got fucked over not hearing Perhaps, they were sound-checking it for the whole tour.

I threw a couple songs from that show into my live GNR playlist but it's not something I'm gonna listen to in full.

And, as much as I enjoyed hearing a bunch of different songs this year, I gotta say - Wichita Lineman is still one of their best live songs. :axl:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was a fun thread and it's nice to have such a high quality pro-shot, and of course it's a huge festival, but for all the hype around it - it's just another show on the tour. Nice that they shortened RQ, but no Anything Goes, Wichita, or rarities... also the European crowds kinda got fucked over not hearing Perhaps, they were sound-checking it for the whole tour.

I threw a couple songs from that show into my live GNR playlist but it's not something I'm gonna listen to in full.

And, as much as I enjoyed hearing a bunch of different songs this year, I gotta say - Wichita Lineman is still one of their best live songs. :axl:

The bits you mentioned bolded, yea...that was a shame but more to do with tine allotted....

W.L:

Haha, I agree...which is kinda bizarre, cause that ain't a usually popular opinion....

It's definitely marmite 🍯

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

Perhaps, monsters & the general 

Seeing PTU, bad obsession, down on the farm again for the first time since 06, anything goes, walk allover you etc

The revamped setlist was great!

Loved Glasgow & hyde park was awesome 👌 best setup for a gig ever

Roll on this year 

• Like 1

The hilarity and chaos leading up to the releases. soundcheck spotting, jukebox releases, fan annoyance over delays, mysterious leakers showing up with the stuff :rofl-lol:

so many people piling in the thread for the glastonbury proshot was good too!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

The hilarity and chaos leading up to the releases. soundcheck spotting, jukebox releases, fan annoyance over delays, mysterious leakers showing up with the stuff :rofl-lol:

so many people piling in the thread for the glastonbury proshot was good too!

Problem is ,it was the worst pro shot since Rio 2011...the sound that the BBC gave us was pathetic for a good setlist, the flac & mp4 downloads are pretty poor....listen to Rocket Queen 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DSTK said:

Problem is ,it was the worst pro shot since Rio 2011...the sound that the BBC gave us was pathetic for a good setlist, the flac & mp4 downloads are pretty poor....listen to Rocket Queen 

Proshot video with audience boot mix is the way to go! They had a completely different audio experience to us, the TV crowd 

3 hours ago, DSTK said:

What's so bad about it? I never quite got the criticism, I still listen to it often and think it sounds okay. Certainly better than Rock in Rio 2017

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

What's so bad about it? I never quite got the criticism, I still listen to it often and think it sounds okay. Certainly better than Rock in Rio 2017

It's sounds great EXCEPT Axl's vocal dropouts which is pretty annoying...that's more on Axl...mostly it's all the parts that go to the higher voice...should of had their tour engineer sit in with Mr BBC to me inform when they needed to push the volume waaay up...for TV. The in the audience venue mix FOH was better...