The best live performances of each GNR song

38 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have been listening to 2010 boots and DJ really was not bad tbh. He did a good job on Sorry 

He wasn't that bad overall, its because he had a top hat & a cigarette while playing Slash's parts

DJ made a mistake & he got nailed, Slash fucks up ,and it's OK...the shows I saw Ashba (about 6/7) he was entertaining 

• Like 2

I respect everyone's opinions, but you're all wrong. :lol:

Best Street of Dreams to me is the combination of Albany overall with Richard's Pittsburgh 2002 solo. As we can only pick one, just check Axl's voice on this one:

One that nobody will talk about, but it's my personal favorite: Riad's best performance is by far the Vegas one. And I had this opinion even before the DVD surfaced.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I respect everyone's opinions, but you're all wrong. :lol:

Best Street of Dreams to me is the combination of Albany overall with Richard's Pittsburgh 2002 solo. As we can only pick one, just check Axl's voice on this one:

One that nobody will talk about, but it's my personal favorite: Riad's best performance is by far the Vegas one. And I had this opinion even before the DVD surfaced.

Both great choices!

I always say Boston '02 is my favorite performance of "The Blues" and its because of the soundboard recording quality.

Albany '02 is a superior performance, though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

YC House Of Blues 2012 is often overlooked. One of the best and proshot, especially the last 2 minutes!

@ZoSoRoseI see you're blank in this column at present. 

My favorite NuGNR rendition of You're Crazy was Brooklyn Bowl. The show as a whole was a mess, but opening with a fuckign killer rendition of YC was just too cool. Unfortunately only a couple short clips survive on YouTube nowadays, but Axl sounded great:

6 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

NJ actually. Feb 24th 2012. They did a lot of "House Of Blues" on the up close and personal touring....

Also...yea, that was my hesitation too with picking NuGNR BUT...since Axl is massive part of whether a performance is good...as he's the hardest to replace and still sound like Guns...also some of the best material/proshot quality comes from that era, so I feel it deserves to be included, as officially, it was still GNR!

Also. Don't forget Dizzy! He's been there basically forever and would/will be included in all 90s songs...so...

The proshot was from Chicago, not Atlantic City. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

My favorite NuGNR rendition of You're Crazy was Brooklyn Bowl. The show as a whole was a mess, but opening with a fuckign killer rendition of YC was just too cool. Unfortunately only a couple short clips survive on YouTube nowadays, but Axl sounded great:

Sure? The set list matches the NJ date exactly on setlist.fm....? 🤷

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Also when you say survive...were there many at the time? Did they get culled in the takedown days? Such a shame...as lost to the ether, soo many items, as people put these things up post gig, or the day after and most likely If taken down, lost forever, to old tech or interest...

I used To collect lots of clips and download them but lost in HDD crash years ago...are there others on here that have downloaded tons of YT  clips that still have them? Surely...the multi show creators maybe?

29 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Sure? The set list matches the NJ date exactly on setlist.fm....? 🤷

23 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Also when you say survive...were there many at the time? Did they get culled in the takedown days? Such a shame...as lost to the ether, soo many items, as people put these things up post gig, or the day after and most likely If taken down, lost forever, to old tech or interest...

I used To collect lots of clips and download them but lost in HDD crash years ago...are there others on here that have downloaded tons of YT  clips that still have them? Surely...the multi show creators maybe?

Positive. There's actually no circulating recording of the Atlantic City show. And at the end of the full video there, Axl even says "Chicago" ;) 

As for the second post there...there was a full version of You're Crazy on YouTube, before all the takedowns began. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Positive. There's actually no circulating recording of the Atlantic City show. And at the end of the full video there, Axl even says "Chicago" ;) 

As for the second post there...there was a full version of You're Crazy on YouTube, before all the takedowns began. 

Ok...it's annoyingly not labelled (like many vids) and I was just cross referencing the set list from the comments! Good shout. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

YC House Of Blues 2012 is often overlooked. One of the best and proshot, especially the last 2 minutes!

@ZoSoRoseI see you're blank in this column at present. 

It's overlooked because the performance of You're Crazy from Philly on that same tour that year was much, much better. Axl gets lost a few times in the HOB show, which did not happen in Philly. 

1 minute ago, mikeman5150 said:

Live and let die from the 02’ tour. I’d say NYC or Pittsburgh. Both have killer screams that keep going and going! 

I almost said Pittsburgh '02 for LALD... it was a highlight in 01/02 and Pittsburgh is a standout.

Orchard Park is a pretty standard '92 LALD performance, but the acapella intro makes it special. Kinda like when Axl fucked up the end of Madagascar in Budapest '06, it's a cool moment and really works for the song.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, the recording quality is always something that tends to influence. And not many people bother to listen to non-soundboard bootlegs, so they just don't know about other performances.

For instance, I think this is the best IRS performance (at least vocally), but the recording quality is shite (LOUD AS FUCK WARNING):

Another great selection!

I have one of these shows on DVD somewhere, should play it again soon.

I also really enjoyed Better from LA 2006.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VeeR said:

For Catcher in The Rye,

The one performance that pops out for me is the Acoustic performance of it, Live at L'Arc, Paris, France 2010/09/14.

Oh duh. Good call. That’s the best Catcher, for sure

3 hours ago, VeeR said:

For Catcher in The Rye,

The one performance that pops out for me is the Acoustic performance of it, Live at L'Arc, Paris, France 2010/09/14.

This version of Catcher is nearly up there with sailing, from Wembley, then the Cuckoo club hours later ...I was at Wembley, ill never ever forget it 

• Like 2

My Favorite Jungle post-reunion is actually New Orleans 2016, Axl rips that intro VICIOUSLY😍
I'll probably come back and say some more, but since im about to go sleep soon i'll drop a few.

You're Crazy with Sebastian Bach (Toronto 1991) 
(Late Show 88 & Raleigh 2021 are great too)

Nightrain (Osaka 2009)
(London 2022 with the deep voice was awesome too)

Madagascar (Bucharest 2010)

Reckless Life (Hannover 2022)

November Rain (Connecticut 1993)

Don't Cry (San Diego 1992)

I.R.S (London 2010)

I Feel Good (Edmonton 2017)

Estranged (Rock In Rio 2011)

Edited by Skamos66
  • Like 1

Couldn't find some of my favourites on youtube, so I put them on streamable. Danville 88 was only a few shows before the legendary Felt Forum show, but this YC is even better...

LALD https://streamable.com/2pws0g

You're Crazy https://streamable.com/7zy1cq

edit: since it seems kind of relevant to what's being discussed elsewhere on the forum... Axl's parents were at the Danville show.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1