Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

How does one figure out ebayers? they have a lot of things on their hands or something? 

There's no way to really know unless they are jerks or have a stack of shit to sign. In detroit I only knew a bunch were fro, waiting and overhearing them.

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

There's no way to really know unless they are jerks or have a stack of shit to sign. In detroit I only knew a bunch were fro, waiting and overhearing them.

That really sucks, real fans deserve to meet the band members and not jerks who sell the items.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

How does one figure out ebayers? they have a lot of things on their hands or something? 

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

The one time I dealt with this type of thing was when I met Roger Waters. I would venture to say I was the only "real fan" there. There were about 6 or 7 other people, most of which had a pile of Floyd albums to sign. 2 or 3 of them just had like 5 copies of The Wall or DSotM, so it was incredibly obvious. Here I was in the middle of all of them with just a blank piece of paper for him to sign because I didn't come from home where all my Floyd and Roger stuff is :lol:

The part that really irritated me was when security said "OK guys, Roger will be here in a minute and his security says he's going to stop to meet you. They told us that everyone will only be able to get one item signed though." All the other guys there went apeshit and started yelling at security. They were like "That's BULLSHIT! You've gotta be fucking kidding me! What an asshole!". I couldn't believe it. I thought.... Here I am, I die hard fan, about to meet one of my heroes. I'm ELATED that he's gonna take 30 seconds to even talk to me! These guys are here calling him an asshole because he won't sign a bunch of shit so they can rip off other real fans.... unreal.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The one time I dealt with this type of thing was when I met Roger Waters. I would venture to say I was the only "real fan" there. There were about 6 or 7 other people, most of which had a pile of Floyd albums to sign. 2 or 3 of them just had like 5 copies of The Wall or DSotM, so it was incredibly obvious. Here I was in the middle of all of them with just a blank piece of paper for him to sign because I didn't come from home where all my Floyd and Roger stuff is :lol:

The part that really irritated me was when security said "OK guys, Roger will be here in a minute and his security says he's going to stop to meet you. They told us that everyone will only be able to get one item signed though." All the other guys there went apeshit and started yelling at security. They were like "That's BULLSHIT! You've gotta be fucking kidding me! What an asshole!". I couldn't believe it. I thought.... Here I am, I die hard fan, about to meet one of my heroes. I'm ELATED that he's gonna take 30 seconds to even talk to me! These guys are here calling him an asshole because he won't sign a bunch of shit so they can rip off other real fans.... unreal.

Thats extremely fucked up. Wow... Fuck those idiots.

I like what Axl and ACDC did. You could get either onr autograph OR one picture per person. Made it fair for us and easier for them. Or its cool if they ask you your name to sign. Makes it way harder to sell

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

As long as there are buyers, they will sell. Why would anyone buy smth like that for those prices...

This.

Rather than paying ridiculous amount of money for an autograph that I wasn't there myself to witness them signing on my own CD or whatever, I might as well get myself a sharpie and copy their signature for free on the CD that I own.

SMH on the buyers. People should stop stupidly buying these things.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I have not one clue. The blank piece of paper I had Roger Waters sign means more to me than anything anyone else could ever give me or sell me with his signature on it. I couldn't imagine shelling out hundreds of dollars for someone's signature on something when I didn't even meet them myself. To each his own and all that, but I truly don't get people doing that.

Whoever does that is basically lying to himself. Me meeting Axl and getting an autograph would mean a lot to me rather than spending $800 to some ebayer. 

Some people but this stuff to show off? I don't know. 

Like even I feel like to put my head on top @ZoSoRose pic and say Hey I met Axl Rose and share it with my friends, but well that won't change the reality. 

9 hours ago, rock4eva said:

I'm guessing this is why Axl tweeted about ebayers AFR. There's one for over $2,000 for the band's autographs including Izzy's. Tickets & autographs should be booted off but I can't find anywhere to address this problem.

Why would Ebay give a shit?  They don't is the simple answer... they are making money from every sale of anything on the site

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Why would Ebay give a shit?  They don't is the simple answer... they are making money from every sale of anything on the site

True, this is what Ebay is made for, to sell things. If people don't sell then they won't get their cut. 

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

This, and it's not like it's illegal to sell a signed item so why would eBay stop them? It doesn't make it right or ethical but it is what it is. It'd be the same as trying to prevent StubHub from selling concert tickets.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have not one clue. The blank piece of paper I had Roger Waters sign means more to me than anything anyone else could ever give me or sell me with his signature on it. I couldn't imagine shelling out hundreds of dollars for someone's signature on something when I didn't even meet them myself. To each his own and all that, but I truly don't get people doing that.

Absolutely. I met Slash a few years ago and he signed me his solo record. A few months later, I won a cd autographed by him. There's no comparison between the two for me.

Having a signature it's kinda meaningless to me, unless they personally sign something for you.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I have to assume all these clips were filmed to be included in the live release we're all hoping for.

7 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Absolutely. I met Slash a few years ago and he signed me his solo record. A few months later, I won a cd autographed by him. There's no comparison between the two for me.

Having a signature it's kinda meaningless to me, unless they personally sign something for you.

Couldn't agree more.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:35 PM, IncitingChaos said:

He must have lost it on some one in DC today 

haha Guess I must suck!

I understand how frustrating it must be for an artist to sign something and then see it for sale on ebay.

I would never do that, but I do like to buy GNR stuff that I know is not part of the GNR official merch.

On 9/19/2016 at 0:25 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

That exact same scenario happened to me! I gave away the one I won

• Like 1