Live chat with Bumblefoot - March 27, 2012

SoulMonster

I attended a live chat with Bumblefoot yesterday. From the top of my head, here are some of the things he mentioned:

- Regarding the next record, he would like to get the remaining CD sessions songs out quickly and then write a new record with the current band.

- Frank is a surprisingly good bass player.

- When Izzy joined for a few shows (in 2006?), Bumblefoot had to turn the volume on his guitar down and show Izzy all the chords to Patience as the song was played. Bumbles was not sure if Izzy was just having fun with them or if he really had forgotten the chords.

- Bumblefoot is receiving therapy and there is some progress. Surgery is not an option. He is looking at a life with pain treatment.

- Bumblefoot has never seen Axl play guitar. But he is a good piano player. And a greater singer.

- Bumblefoot is open to changing his solo spot, but ideally he wouldn't play a solo at all and rather that they do another GN'R song.

- They have no unheard songs prepared, except for the new version of 'Oh My God'.

- "Going Down" is a song written by Axl which Bumblefoot described as "earthy", in the meaning of "organic" in contrast to "instrumental".

- Richard is the biggest guitar nerd in the band.

Anything I forgot or misunderstood?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Going Down

''Going Down is Chi Dem era, kinda earthy, but let Axwell talk about it when he's ready''

About OMG

"Will prob do OMG eventually, we all know it.... don't know when, will be spontaneous"

About Izzy

"Izzy, lol! I remember facing him each night during Patience, with my volume knob down........I'd be showing him each chord before he had to play them, lol! And he wrote the song! I'm still not sure if Izzy was doing that to fuck with us or not. He seems like the kinda dude that pretends and is laughing inside. "

"Outta nowhere Izzy emailed me a picture of a new truck he got and asked me to email it to Axl. But the pic was like 100x50, this tiny little pic, wtf?"

About Axl

"Never heard Axl play guitar. And hopefully never will, lol. He's a great piano player. Greater singer"

About Old GN'R Songs

"Fave unplayed GNR song? Hmmmm... a few... would like to do Perfect Crime, We had it down in 07 with Robin along with Riff Raff but never played em"

About Kat

"Katarina is the first photographer to have her work seen.... she's fantastic, she gets more good shots in one show than I've seen some get in a whole tour."

About HOF

"RNRHOF? Waiting for them to induct Kiss."

About Back Injury

"Ditched my doctors and started fresh in NYC, got immediate results."

About Brain and Robin

" saw Brain in January in LA, had a few drinks at NAMM, been years....... Robin too, not since NIN was in NYC.. We'd email from time to time "

About a 2006 show

"Sebastian tells me the next day, "Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

About his Solo Spot

"Here's my prob with solos - people are there to hear GNR. But if I play GNR for a solo, they'll want it with Axl (of course....!) "

"I'll think about it.... plus I don't wanna bug the guys to learn my wacky songs. And if they fuck up my song I'll stab them again, so it's best to just avoid the whole thing. lol"

I asked about unheard songs ready to play and he just anwser "OMG", and he said he will spend the time before euro tour trying to get better from the injury and stop using drugs during shows. No studio time.

He talked about some projects he's envolved too.

And talked how Caram and Axl chomped his solos on CD, most of them are pieces from various takes and he have to relearn them to play live.

Edited by bumblecool

About a 2006 show

"Sebastian tells me the next day, "Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

I absolutely don't know what this is about, but I do like the sound of it. :rofl-lol:

Cool chat.

Personally I would love to see Ron perform one of his own songs during his solo spot and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

His solo stuff is great and deserves to be heard.

Yes, many people suggested he'd do just that.

Bumblecool: Thanks for updating with real quotes :).

- They have no unheard songs prepared, except for the new version of 'Oh My God'.

- "Going Down" is a song written by Axl which Bumblefoot described as "earthy", in the meaning of "organic" in contrast to "instrumental".

What????

No unheard songs prepared to play live at the shows.

What????

Yes, it seems paradoxical. I guess "Going Down" isn't ready to be played after all.

About Going Down

''Going Down is Chi Dem era, kinda earthy, but let Axwell talk about it when he's ready''

About OMG

"Will prob do OMG eventually, we all know it.... don't know when, will be spontaneous"

About Izzy

"Izzy, lol! I remember facing him each night during Patience, with my volume knob down........I'd be showing him each chord before he had to play them, lol! And he wrote the song! I'm still not sure if Izzy was doing that to fuck with us or not. He seems like the kinda dude that pretends and is laughing inside. "

"Outta nowhere Izzy emailed me a picture of a new truck he got and asked me to email it to Axl. But the pic was like 100x50, this tiny little pic, wtf?"

About Axl

"Never heard Axl play guitar. And hopefully never will, lol. He's a great piano player. Greater singer"

About Old GN'R Songs

"Fave unplayed GNR song? Hmmmm... a few... would like to do Perfect Crime, We had it down in 07 with Robin along with Riff Raff but never played em"

About Kat

"Katarina is the first photographer to have her work seen.... she's fantastic, she gets more good shots in one show than I've seen some get in a whole tour."

About HOF

About Back Injury

"Ditched my doctors and started fresh in NYC, got immediate results."

About Brain and Robin

" saw Brain in January in LA, had a few drinks at NAMM, been years....... Robin too, not since NIN was in NYC.. We'd email from time to time "

About a 2006 show

About his Solo Spot

"Here's my prob with solos - people are there to hear GNR. But if I play GNR for a solo, they'll want it with Axl (of course....!) "

"I'll think about it.... plus I don't wanna bug the guys to learn my wacky songs. And if they fuck up my song I'll stab them again, so it's best to just avoid the whole thing. lol"

I asked about unheard songs ready to play and he just anwser "OMG", and he said he will spend the time before euro tour trying to get better from the injury and stop using drugs during shows. No studio time.

He talked about some projects he's envolved too.

And talked how Caram and Axl chomped his solos on CD, most of them are pieces from various takes and he have to relearn them to play live.

Thought so. Pretty cool information.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Fuckin' Izzy is funny as hell.

About HOF

Cool. He knows that RNRHOF induction has nothing to do with him. :thumbsup:

Holy fuck, how do I always miss this shit?

Awesome stuff, there's your motherfucking answers for all the people who say the interviews never reveal anything new.

Better late than never! But I don't see why you're trying to

stir shit up?

Edit: this really is great though! I hope it'll go on this way :)

Edited by Funkadelic

What????

Yes, it seems paradoxical. I guess "Going Down" isn't ready to be played after all.

there are songs which they could possibly play, but they have not rehearsed any of them apart from OMG is what it sounds like to me