Buenos Aires Videos (6/4/14)

I've tried to find the best quality videos but if you find better let me know. I haven't included the solos but can if you send me a link and tell me where it goes.

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone (updated)
Estranged
Rocket Queen
Nice Boys (updated)
Attitude and Raw Power
My Michelle
Better
Live and Let Die
This I Love
Catcher in the Rye
You Could Be Mine
Sweet Child O' Mine (updated)
November Rain
Don't Cry
Used to Love Her (updated)
Civil War
Shackler's Revenge
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (updated)
Nightrain
Patience
The Seeker (thanks SeBaZ)
Paradise City
Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 1

What's funny is, Duff walks into this band playing songs he's never played live/newly learnt and from all the vids I've watched I did not see him hit one bum note, not one, or come in at the wrong time playing the wrong part of the song.

DJ Ashba has been in the band for 5 years, playing the songs day in and day out and cannot get through a song, let alone section of a song, without completely messing up his parts and embarrassing himself/GNR.

Not to turn this into an old vs new argument, but this is the underlying thing that distinguishes the old guys from the new ones. It's something that I as a guitarist cannot believe. Guys like Duff and Slash are pros in every sense of the word. They can go anywhere in the world and play with anyone in the world and give a top notch performance. Ashba is more focused on Ashbaland than being a guitarist, as per his own admissions.

My bottom line is, it is time to get world class musicians back into GNR.

Edited by JoePerry954
  • Like 1

I've been listening to that version of Don't Cry repeatedly since I discovered it. Possibly my all-time favourite rendition, that chunky sounding bass has been missed!

Axl sounds really good too.

The bass sounds amazing in all the songs. I'm not joking I can never hear Tommy playing. I don't know what it is. It is said with guitarists that 90% of tone comes from the hands and I wonder if this has to do with why I can never hear him. Surely the sound guy cannot always mess up Tommy's mix and get Duff's perfect. Tommy is literally inaudible for the most part whenever I watch a New Guns concert. Anybody else agree?

That amazing GNR bass has been sorely missed.

• Like 1

What's funny is, Duff walks into this band playing songs he's never played live/newly learnt and from all the vids I've watched I did not see him hit one bum note, not one, or come in at the wrong time playing the wrong part of the song.

DJ Ashba has been in the band for 5 years, playing the songs day in and day out and cannot get through a song, let alone section of a song, without completely messing up his parts and embarrassing himself/GNR.

Not to turn this into an old vs new argument, but this is the underlying thing that distinguishes the old guys from the new ones. It's something that I as a guitarist cannot believe. Guys like Duff and Slash are pros in every sense of the word. They can go anywhere in the world and play with anyone in the world and give a top notch performance. Ashba is more focused on Ashbaland than being a guitarist, as per his own admissions.

My bottom line is, it is time to get world class musicians back into GNR.

That isn't really an Old vs. Nu thing so much as DJ just being behind in terms of ability to anyone else who is or was in GNR.

2010 Puerto Rico is still my favorite don't cry. Because he sounds like 92 Axl from 2:42 on. It's really amazing. Duff does make the one from last night great though.

He sounded awesome, no one can bitch about that voice. And DJ didn't screw up the solo, let's give him some props.

I've been listening to that version of Don't Cry repeatedly since I discovered it. Possibly my all-time favourite rendition, that chunky sounding bass has been missed!

Axl sounds really good too.

The bass sounds amazing in all the songs. I'm not joking I can never hear Tommy playing. I don't know what it is. It is said with guitarists that 90% of tone comes from the hands and I wonder if this has to do with why I can never hear him. Surely the sound guy cannot always mess up Tommy's mix and get Duff's perfect. Tommy is literally inaudible for the most part whenever I watch a New Guns concert. Anybody else agree?

That amazing GNR bass has been sorely missed.

This. I've seen this band 5 times and other than Pittman, Tommy's usually most buried in the mix.

Tommys ISE just sounds so flat in comparison to Duffs full, chunky groove.

I'll say here what I said in the Asuncion thread too:

Guys, let's not make this a regular thing starting a second thread just to post videos from every gig. I'm okay with it happening for the Duff gigs as long as the rest of the mods are, but if we start doing this for every gig then it'll really start to clutter up D&N.