BREAKING NEWS: Malcolm Young on leave from AC/DC due to health

highvoltage

This is awful news, so many of our Aussie artists have died from some type of cancer over the years. I do hope he doesn't have something in his brain that can't be fixed but as the news is spreading around the world it seems to have some truth to it. Maybe they are just waiting for family members to all be aware & sorting anything out behind the scenes before making a public announcement.

They should know that anything they try to keep secret will spread like wildfire though, guess we'll have answers in the next 24 hours :(

I guess this would also fit into Brian's report from a year or two ago that immediate plans were on hold due to an illness with an unspecified band member but that it was not life threatening. More important than the band is that Malcolm can recover or at least continue living comfortably and happily. I still hope this isn't true though. I'm just glad I was able to catch three shows on the Black Ice tour.

There's still mileage in Brian's voice. I remember how good he sounded when the Black Ice tour started up again:

So glad I managed to see them in 2010... right next to my Dad who got me into AC/DC in the first place. They were old, but they still put on a hell of a show!

Also the first band I ever got completely obsessed with, used to draw the logo on every desk I sat at back in school. I don't listen to them so much anymore, but Powerage and Highway to Hell will always be two of my all-time favourite albums.

You and me both man - I remember the good ol' days on the AC/DC forum. They were my first favorite band, so they'll always have a really special place in my heart.

I won't believe this until it's official, but I'm not particularly hopeful :(

• Like 1

Apparently Malcolm's son talked to Dave Evans, confirming the band is done:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/conflicting-reports-surface-regarding-acdcs-future/

Damn... Obviously, Malcom (and anyone's health) comes before a rock n' roll band. I wish him the best and really hopes he can recover to live comfortably.

Still though, this sucks. AC/DC are one of the most iconic and legendary rock bands in history, it'll be sad to see them go. The Black Ice Tour was a high point to leave off at but it sucks there couldn't be a "real" goodbye. I wouldn't be totally againt them getting a fill in for Malcom like in the past as long as he was 100% ok with it, but at the same time, he is so important to the band and I totally respect their decission to call it a day without him.

I feel lucky now that I got to see them in 2009. I went with my aunt and it was just such a good show. They really are one of the best live bands. Like HV, Powerage, and millions of others, AC/DC were one of the first rock bands I got really into. I don't listen to them nearly as much as all those years ago, but man they wil always hold a really special place in my heart.

If this is really the end, thanks for everything boys. I hope it doesn't mean Angus and Brian stop playing in some form but, hey, they deserve a nice retiremtent!

Can't have AC/DC without Malcolm, plain and simple. I wouldn't like the idea of them touring without him.

People said/say the same thing about Slash and Gn'R :P

Yeah, but Slash wasn't in GN'R for 40 years and he didn't have writing credit on every single song they ever released ;)

There's still mileage in Brian's voice. I remember how good he sounded when the Black Ice tour started up again:

So glad I managed to see them in 2010... right next to my Dad who got me into AC/DC in the first place. They were old, but they still put on a hell of a show!

Also the first band I ever got completely obsessed with, used to draw the logo on every desk I sat at back in school. I don't listen to them so much anymore, but Powerage and Highway to Hell will always be two of my all-time favourite albums.

You and me both man - I remember the good ol' days on the AC/DC forum. They were my first favorite band, so they'll always have a really special place in my heart.

I won't believe this until it's official, but I'm not particularly hopeful :(

Obligatory check in whenever this is brought up.

Wicked bummer. Really glad I got to see the Black Ice tour. Best wishes to Malcolm.

• Like 1

The thing is, it would be one thing if they just announced regular retirement, but if it's retirement due to illness with a band member, that's what makes it so much worse, and really would for any band.

Regardless, I hope it's not true. I wasn't a huge fan of Black Ice as a whole but have always enjoyed AC/DC and would love to see them live at least once before they're done.

• Like 1

AC/DC really put on one of the best shows you can see. They're very much a band that should be on everyone's bucket list. And they're affordable too - the 3 shows I saw on the Black Ice tour were all less than $100, and we had floor seats in the first 7 rows for every gig.