**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

Guest NGOG

There is a Red Hand now up for $355, again, NOONE buy it and the price will continue to drop drastically. If this guy has 90 copies, there is a good chance that any of the hardcores who want a copy will eventually get one.

Bacardis still gets my vote as best/most creative/colorful.

Every submission will fall in comparison until someone adds Paul Tobias into one

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206897-graphic-design-contest-win-a-rare-copy-of-chinese-democracy-w-red-hand-alternative-artwork/?p=3746998

Haha I didn't notice him untill now woohoo we have a winner!

That's a cool Axl pic I really like how the color of that shirt comes out

Bacardis still gets my vote as best/most creative/colorful.

Every submission will fall in comparison until someone adds Paul Tobias into one

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206897-graphic-design-contest-win-a-rare-copy-of-chinese-democracy-w-red-hand-alternative-artwork/?p=3746998

Haha I didn't notice him untill now woohoo we have a winner!

That's a cool Axl pic I really like how the color of that shirt comes out

Here's the original picture:

9098826317_9afbeac0db_z.jpg

• Like 2

3vJnRtw.png

Yours is my favourite so far! I love those roses! :)

The roses are taken from an official tour poster so surely falls under the same copyright issues as using album artwork? Is this allowed?

428344_10150566007655059_11379665058_938

Edited by downliner
  • Like 1

^ Not without express permission. Thanks for noticing that; shame, because I loved how they looked!

I'm sure there are some stock images of cartoon roses that could be used instead, so please guys, no official stuff in there!

athlnnD.png

I like this one the best so far, but the background makes the text a bit difficult to read, so it might be a bit hard to spot the search field if you're new and you don't know where it is. I suggest switching DJ and Frank's pics with Fortus and Pitman's, so you have darker shades under the white text. Also, maybe an outline to the letters in the logo.

I really think that would be VERY difficult to have a legal issue for having two roses taken from a 2-years-old poster. It's not like those roses are on a record. Anyway, I can change it if there is really an issue.

You're totally right, it's just more about keeping things fair for everybody by having the one rule. I don't really know where to draw the line on it as far as exceptions go, you know?

I know you've already done a lot of tweaking, so if it's too much trouble don't worry too much about it. If any other entrants feel it's unfair, send me a PM.

I really think that would be VERY difficult to have a legal issue for having two roses taken from a 2-years-old poster. It's not like those roses are on a record. Anyway, I can change it if there is really an issue.

You're totally right, it's just more about keeping things fair for everybody by having the one rule. I don't really know where to draw the line on it as far as exceptions go, you know?

I know you've already done a lot of tweaking, so if it's too much trouble don't worry too much about it. If any other entrants feel it's unfair, send me a PM.

The line is kinda confusing also. I don't have a problem with it, but some of the designs have official photos taken from the official website that are copyrighted. That would be official too. So if really nothing 'official' must be on the banner, everybody should change a lot of things. For me, it would be fair if the limit is not to use artworks from the albums.

Anyway, I don't have a problem changing it. I'm a graphic designer, so I change a lot of things and a lot of times ha

athlnnD.png

I like this one the best so far, but the background makes the text a bit difficult to read, so it might be a bit hard to spot the search field if you're new and you don't know where it is. I suggest switching DJ and Frank's pics with Fortus and Pitman's, so you have darker shades under the white text. Also, maybe an outline to the letters in the logo.

Thanks :) I switched them, but I dunno if it looks better, I like those positions, and I darkened the search bar with the HTML code in the same browser (changed rgba(0,0,0,0.4) to 0.5 or 0.6), it helps, the nugnr members in the right part looks very good as the Search Bar's "background", looks like a cool UI. :headbang:

ozCM02V.png

wdIo86Z.png

Also if there is a problem with an specific image due to copyright, I can change it. :heart:

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1

athlnnD.png

Thanks :) I switched them, but I dunno if it looks better, I like those positions, and I darkened the search bar with the HTML code in the same browser (changed rgba(0,0,0,0.4) to 0.5 or 0.6), it helps, the nugnr members in the right part looks very good as the Search Bar's "background", looks like a cool UI. :headbang:

ozCM02V.png

wdIo86Z.png

Also if there is a problem with an specific image due to copyright, I can change it. :heart:

Best one so far!

• Like 2

athlnnD.png

ozCM02V.png

wdIo86Z.png

Best one so far!

I really like this one.

The line is kinda confusing also. I don't have a problem with it, but some of the designs have official photos taken from the official website that are copyrighted. That would be official too. So if really nothing 'official' must be on the banner, everybody should change a lot of things. For me, it would be fair if the limit is not to use artworks from the albums.

Anyway, I don't have a problem changing it. I'm a graphic designer, so I change a lot of things and a lot of times ha

Just to point out my banner has no official pictures or content as the pictures I used I shot myself. I could integrate artwork from posters, adds as well to spruce up my banner, but so far I haven't because I was under the impression that they couldn't be used.

P.S. I'm getting malware warnings watching this thread on google chrome (supposedly content generated by cd.memegenerator.net)?

Edited by Bumblefeet

Just to point out my banner has no official pictures or content as the pictures I used I shot myself. I could integrate artwork from posters, adds as well to spruce up my banner, but so far I haven't because I was under the impression that they couldn't be used.

P.S. I'm getting malware warnings watching this thread on google chrome (supposedly content generated by cd.memegenerator.net)?

I think it's best that we don't allow it. As I've said, any entrant that has an issue with the exception made for the roses in Manifsman's can PM me (so it's anonymous), and I will ask him to change it.

If you see a graphic from a poster you want to use (like a rose, etc), I'm sure you can "appropriate" something similar from somewhere else. ;)

Fixed the image that was causing the malware thing, thanks.

We'll have a deadline for entries of May 31 (1 week to go).

I'll then either add a poll with the entries in the first post, or split the entries out into a new thread so they can be judged on likes as originally stated.

The day before my birthday haha, hey HV, I think you have a nice bday gift haha.

Gonna start working on a second entry.