Robin Finck, Budapest 2006 Incident

May 31, 2006. Budapest Sportarena, Budapest, Hungary

Thanks for that, found an old thread with an email form BBF about incident:

well, there was this live updating going on at Here Today Gone To hell message board {one of the best gnr forums}, and some1 said that you and Robin had a lil bump in with each other during Its so Easy, and that he walked off stage....guess its all bullshit...i apologize...i just figured id ask....Yeah, we were bangin' into eachother at one point - was a punk love-fest smile.gif I think he switched to a different guitar later on, but all was fine - was a good fun show smile.gif

Can't say if that's just damage control, because years later BBF did say there was animosity between them.

• Like 1

I don't know what really happened, but was funny. I just watched the dvd a few days ago. Pretty cool recording!

During Welcome To the Jungle Robin threw his micstand and also Tommy's and Richard's micstands.

V47kz7W.jpg

W3jQxQr.jpg

The crew guys put everything in place, but then during Mr. Brownstone Robin threw his micstand again. Tom Mayhue seemed pissed off too

Hf8w8Wv.jpg

Edited by fernandoGNR
  • Like 1

For those who dont know at the wembley show they had loads of midgets on stage for paradise city and Axl had taken ill during nightrain and Baz took over.

One of the midgets came to this forum and said that he saw robin smash a champagne bottle against Axl dressing room after the show.... was he really ill??

Robin has a temper

• Like 2

It was Ron, yes, and yes, he also played the final riff but sounded out of place :lol:
I was kinda surprised because he did not have time to learn his parts on the new songs, let alone Robin's parts so he just improvised over it.

Maddy from this show had the best ending ever.

Oh, I have to say - Rich had always done a poor job at tempting Bucket's solo here. The solo is not bad, but by no means as good as Bucket's. However, his wah wah pedal effect is greatly exaggerated and the reberb/echo/whatever tries too hard to impress but sounds, yes, exaggerated and takes away from the original solo instead of making it better.

Edited by Bruno P.
  • Like 1

I was there, fifth row on the center and I didn't notice anything. I guess I stared at Axl. :lol:

I don't know what really happened, but was funny. I just watched the dvd a few days ago. Pretty cool recording!

During Welcome To the Jungle Robin threw his micstand and also Tommy's and Richard's micstands.

V47kz7W.jpg

W3jQxQr.jpg

The crew guys put everything in place, but then during Mr. Brownstone Robin threw his micstand again. Tom Mayhue seemed pissed off too

Hf8w8Wv.jpg

:wow::wow::wow::wow:

I'm looking for this DVD for years. Is there download link somewhere? If not, can you upload?

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1

I think there's a difference between being a cock and being passionate about your performance.

Robin has been known to erupt on stage before. Usually seems like it has something to do with sound issues where he can't hear himself.

I think it's because he gets so lost in his own world when he's playing as a lot of people have noted, but then when something goes wrong and he can't hear himself and he's abruptly snapped out of it he loses his shit.

In this video you can see him walk backstage and start screaming at his guitar tech at about 40 seconds in. Then he throws his guitar and disappears for half the song only to come back and then smash his guitar in anger at the 5:10 mark.

By all accounts I've never heard of anyone saying anything bad of him off stage. From what I can tell, he seems like a super cool dude. But there's no way for any of us to know unless we know him I guess.

Personally I love his unpredictability as a performer.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 4