04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

10 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

i will probably post my full review shortly but it was a weird show. There was more good than bad, but this new era its something of a weird mix.

Looking forward to it. It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy it as much as we did here :(

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Hey, thanks man. I'm actually watching it right now. The stream isn't that clear. Did he call Slash, Senor Slash at the end?

Haha yes, I'm pretty sure he did. He spoke all he could in spanish when he introduced the band as well.

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Looking forward to it. It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy it as much as we did here :(

Haha yes, I'm pretty sure he did. He spoke all he could in spanish when he introduced the band as well.

did enjoy it a lot, but felt weird because a few things seem very forced and felt more of a big time spectacle than of a rock show.

33 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

It's not a bad thing if people start shaming Axl into releasing new music. It should have happened for the previous tour. Slash and Duff may have breathed new life into the shows but Richard, Frank and Dizzy must be getting a little bored of the setlist too. Not that they'll willingly leave over it, just like Pitman didn't.

I'm not convinced they will make new music any time soon...wasn't it the issue of new music that broke the band up in the first place. Might re-tread old war wounds if that can of worms is opened up too early.

IMO they need to do stadium tour first, get it out of the way then maybe focus on a album in time for the 30th anniversary, maybe do a double disc thing with the greatest hits and new songs, then they can get out there and start touring the new album (maybe with a smaller arena tour as well at some point).

7 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

did enjoy it a lot, but felt weird because a few things seem very forced and felt more of a big time spectacle than of a rock show.

Post your review right... now... damnit :D

I wanna know what seemed forced. I've been riding the fence about this whole thing, but this show looked like it was head and shoulders the best one yet.

Edited by Ant

1 minute ago, koldweather said:

I'm not convinced they will make new music any time soon...wasn't it the issue of new music that broke the band up in the first place. Might re-tread old war wounds if that can of worms is opened up too early.

Hm. you raise a very good point. We know Slash is and always has been a straight forward Rock n Roll type of Guitarist..Axl is more ambitious, and Duff is diplomatic and has varied taste in music himself.

6 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Hm. you raise a very good point. We know Slash is and always has been a straight forward Rock n Roll type of Guitarist..Axl is more ambitious, and Duff is diplomatic and has varied taste in music himself.

I remember reading though that axl wanted to get Chinese democracy done and then go back to making an appetite type album. 

I was hoping that is why slash is back 

• Like 1

Hi All

long time forum lurker first time poster from UK!!

I just watched My Michelle on Periscope and was completely blown away by how good it was.  

It's easy to look back with rose tinted glasses to the 90s.  Axl sometimes had off days even back then.  That is such a hard song to sing and he absolutely nailed it!!   

I cannot wait until GNFNR come to Europe.

You know where you are? Wembley Stadium baby.  You're gonna ddiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Apple7 said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-T0uD76U-HM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>iframe&gt;

Slash's solos on KOHD seem really weird so far.  Axl has been changing it up a bit, but he's changed KOHD a lot over the years, so no big deal.  But Slash's solos seem almost broken up or struggling

4 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

upside down figures lol

Great sound though!

Axl sounds awesome. They should get him in the studio like tomorrow

and nu-guns played Yesterdays in 2014

Or after This Axl/DC Tour N' Not In This Lifetime Tour when His voice is on the great state after Touring