04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

1 hour ago, Original said:

Wonder what GnR's sales were?   Just heard that the Lakers sold $1.2mill in Kobe merchandise last night.  Breaking the previous 1 night merchandise sales record held by Led Zep at the O2.   

All I know is that we walked in at like 9 on Friday, took the escalator up, checked the seats and took a leak, got on a line..... and still couldn't get shirt #5 (which was the 4/8 only shirt that I really wanted) in an XL.

I bought #6, which was the 4/8-4/9 one, and is 'ok', but goddamn it, I wanted #5!

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was in the same boat Friday.. I couldn't hear anything Axl was saying in between songs.

We were in GA about a row behind the rail on Friday, and I couldn't hear a word that came out of Axl's mouth when he wasn't singing. We had Section 15 on Saturday and the sound was perfect

I thought the 4/9 Reaper shirt was the best but I only went Friday night. I got the April 8 and 9 Vegas shirt and the Vegas Coachella Mexico shirt. I didn't care for the April 8 only shirt. The koozies are sweet I grabbed two for double fisting drinks.

8 minutes ago, Original said:

I didn't think $45 for a shirt was too terrible.  Was expecting closer to $60.  

I think they were only $40. $45 was XXL on up at least the two I got were $40. Yeah I was expecting $60 per.

Edited by oachs83

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Merchandise line was ridiculous! It was constant too...they had to be close to $1 mil in 24 hours.

The one outside was probably a half-hour wait at any given time throughout the whole day. The ones inside were long too but on the top floor they weren't too bad. I grabbed the Vegas/Coachella/Mexico 'sold out' one, the Coma re-print and the AFD bullet skull re-print, plus another for a friend.... They definitely made a ton on merch at those shows :lol:

I was in the pit both nights and have to say I found night 1 to be far superior. It was just fuckin electric, and even I (a smoker) managed to sing along word for word to Coma because it was just so incredible to be there and witness.

I didn't take my mobile phone out of my pocket all night to take even a single photo - I felt so privileged to not only be at the gig, but to also be in the pit, like fuck I would be wasting a single second watching it through my iphone lol. Shame on all of you who didn't notice the 50 other cameras in the pit recording the gig and yet still felt compelled to record it yourselves :lol: Someone in the pit actually asked me and a few others to "calm down" because they were trying to film on their phone...... haha! You're at the wrong fuckin concert buddy, Miley Cyrus is thatta way! :thumbsup:

Glad I made the decision to go to Vegas, even if I was gutted that Izzy didn't make an appearance. I feel like I made some true friends for life over that weekend in Vegas. We were all part of a very much once-in-a-lifetime event and witnessed something truly special on night 1, and already I felt the magic just wasn't quite the same on night 2 (even if the bands performance was technically superior). Maybe I was just so fucked from night 1 that I couldn't truly appreciate night 2? (very much a possibility!)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, downliner said:

I was in the pit both nights and have to say I found night 1 to be far superior. It was just fuckin electric, and even I (a smoker) managed to sing along word for word to Coma because it was just so incredible to be there and witness.

I didn't take my mobile phone out of my pocket all night to take even a single photo - I felt so privileged to not only be at the gig, but to also be in the pit, like fuck I would be wasting a single second watching it through my iphone lol. Shame on all of you who didn't notice the 50 other cameras in the pit recording the gig and yet still felt compelled to record it yourselves :lol: Someone in the pit actually asked me and a few others to "calm down" because they were trying to film on their phone...... haha! You're at the wrong fuckin concert buddy, Miley Cyrus is thatta way! :thumbsup:

Glad I made the decision to go to Vegas, even if I was gutted that Izzy didn't make an appearance. I feel like I made some true friends for life over that weekend in Vegas. We were all part of a very much once-in-a-lifetime event and witnessed something truly special on night 1, and already I felt the magic just wasn't quite the same on night 2 (even if the bands performance was technically superior). Maybe I was just so fucked from night 1 that I couldn't truly appreciate night 2? (very much a possibility!)

2nd night I was moshing too hard and got push to the front row in the pit :D

Just now, shjtjustgotreal said:

2nd night I was moshing too hard and got push to the front row in the pit :D

Haha! I was moshing hard for the first 10 songs or so but I was in so much pain from rocking out on night 1 that I had to calm down. I also spent a lot of night 2 just holding up a lighter as it seemed like an easy way to show appreciation for every song without doing myself a permanent injury, and it was better than holding up a phone :rofl-lol: I bailed on night #2 just after Sebastien Bach/My Michelle as my body just couldn't take any more. Went to get a bottle of water and found myself keeled over in pain because my Deep Heat patch had fallen off during the gig without me realising :(

I was in row 3/4 on night 1, and around row 6/7 on night 2. Had I been a bit closer on night 2 maybe I wouldn't have pussied out quite so soon :lol:

10 minutes ago, downliner said:

Haha! I was moshing hard for the first 10 songs or so but I was in so much pain from rocking out on night 1 that I had to calm down. I also spent a lot of night 2 just holding up a lighter as it seemed like an easy way to show appreciation for every song without doing myself a permanent injury, and it was better than holding up a phone :rofl-lol: I bailed on night #2 just after Sebastien Bach/My Michelle as my body just couldn't take any more. Went to get a bottle of water and found myself keeled over in pain because my Deep Heat patch had fallen off during the gig without me realising :(

I was in row 3/4 on night 1, and around row 6/7 on night 2. Had I been a bit closer on night 2 maybe I wouldn't have pussied out quite so soon :lol:

At one point after My Michelle I almost blacked out. Best night evah :D

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

@RussTCB The most impressive part of your list is how you managed to see Prince and Guns the same night and then time traveled to see Prince and Roger Waters! Do they charge extra in the venue parking garages for the DeLorean?

:lol:I fixed the years just a second ago. I was so concentrated on writing little memories of each show, that I got the damn years wrong lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

It a year apart?

It wasn't when I first submitted the post. GN'R and Prince were listed on the same day and others were listed as 2016, so they would not have happened yet. :lol:

The dates are all correct now, @James Bond just caught it before I could correct it :) 

• Like 1

1. Billy Joel Sept 2008 @ Shea-Just look at the guest stars and you'll understand.

2. GnR 4th Show 2006 @ Hammerstein-Izzy, small venue, Bach, intense and raw.  

3. Gnr 2nd Vegas show 2016-Ya'll know why

4. Pearl Jam May 2010 @ MSG-PJ at the Garden does something to me that nothing else does.  I get euphoric in way that nothing else can do to me.  It takes me days to come down.  2 more weeks and I get to do it again!  Whoo fucking hoo!

5. I'm gonna go with one of several Green Day shows.  Every time I've seen them they have brought it.  Once at MSG and Foxboro as part of an all day festival come to mind.  The one at Foxboro they ended the set by putting all their instruments in a heap, dousing it in lighter fluid and setting the whole fucking thing on fire.  It was totally badass. They're just an awesome live band.

Honorable mentions, Bruce @ MSG, PJ anywhere ever, Foo Fighters @ Citi Field and MSG, Tom Petty anywhere ever, STP, VR @ Hammerstein, Stevie Wonder @ MSG, The Who @ MSG, Billy Joel @ MSG, GnR @ MSG in 2012

Edited by Saltzy

On 4/10/2016 at 6:12 AM, Lowrlder54 said:

Uploading the videos i took from both shows to this channel. Goin to bed, but dont cry, coma, night train, nov rain, civil war, my michelle (bach intro) are all uploading right now. 

One of the highlights for me has been when Axl says "Take it!!" and Slash takes over with his solo..  Gets me every time.

20 hours ago, magnum13 said:

I am not sure this is the right place, since this clip is from Troubadour, but it is the only PRO video I've seen of the show, and I haven't seen anyone post it.

That was great thanks.. What was the third clip? CD song I assume?

Not sure if any of the eagle eyed posters have mentioned this or not but I was watching a clip of Paradise City from the Saturday night show and if you're a good lip reader you can catch Slash singing his classic line "where the girls are fat and they got big titties" and then breaks into a grin. Anyway I thought it was kind of amusing...from the 2:45 mark

Edited by Gorthar
  • Like 2