05/13/16 - Marseille, France - Stade Velodrome

downzy

I got all excited when I saw mentions of Problem Child. I thought it had been played! Nevertheless, IYWB is a killer addition. It's amazing that it's a true extra song and they didn't substitute anything. Angus is sure delivering the goods with these song choices. Easily the best set list(s) since the SUL tour.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

But I think that Axl has enough musical ability to learn the bagpipes to play just one song

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

The bagpipes are really hard to learn. It takes a long time and generally has to start in childhood.

So he better start now ;). He can use this ability for GNR shows as well :headbang:

Amazing that they did IYWB, can't wait to see videos of that. 

And I can't believe people are complaining about Riff Raff in this thread. Like it or not, you've gotta give them props for busting out a song they haven't played in 38 years, other than a one-off TV performance 20 years ago. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

" Side note: a scrap between Axl and Marseille's finest, Zizou Zidane? - winner..?? ", " Great HTH version ", " Epic Axl on FTATR ", " I just hear a great rock n roll singer nailing DC tunes in his own way. The opposite of a tribute singer in fact ", " Agreed. But Axl was such a cock in days gone buy, its hard to accept him. But yes he's nailing it ", " Yeah he did dumb stuff.... but no-one does this stuff with a heart full of joy (aside from these crazy Islamic terrorists) - he's just someone who's had deep-rooted problems, meaning he couldn't keep a lid on stuff. I suppose I empathise as I've been the same in my own life :-/ I'm glad he's winning people round but equally it makes me feel even worse for Brian. Can't be much fun for him at the moment. ", " Well, i already accepted it and it doesn't bother me that much anymore. I've already said goodbye to my own favorite ac/dc. Axl has a great voice, but it doesn't give me the right chills anymore. But plenty will still get it, it's ok. ", " Axl has totally revitalized his career, and maybe his rep (if he hangs in there the full 20 and is gracious and pro as he is so far). he is doing a really good job, those songs are HARD to sing. yes it has his inflections but its wayyyyy better than i thought ",

Awesome. There will always be detractors. But, even if he does just the full tour and stops at that, from a legacy stand point alone - Axl will have really swung for the fences and hit it out of the park with this one.

18 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

i still find it awkward that Stevie and Cliff just walk up to the front to sing in the mick for Dirty Deeds and the done dirt cheap and then go to the background again, i mean it's so weird??? they are so low profile and barely shown through out the gig, Imagine if Duff and Richard as for now would be like that standing in the back out of the lights the whole time, would be pretty boring!

4 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

i still find it awkward that Stevie and Cliff just walk up to the front to sing in the mick for Dirty Deeds and the done dirt cheap and then go to the background again, i mean it's so weird??? they are so low profile and barely shown through out the gig, Imagine if Duff and Richard as for now would be like that standing in the back out of the lights the whole time, would be pretty boring!

That's just how AC/DC is, it's all about the singer and Angus.