Use Your Illusion 25th Anniversary Re-Release, Will It Happen And What Bonus Tracks Would You Want To See?

Do you guys think that the band will celebrate the UYI 25th anniversary on September 17 this year? 
I would love if GN'R re-released the Use Your Illusion albums with a couple of bonus tracks (kinda like how Mötley Crüe did in 2011 with their 80s discography) and maybe also live show from the UYI Tour on a Blu-Ray (For storage purposes, I know that the tour was recorded in SD).
Since the band now a days are on good terms with each other it would make sense for them to do this right now and they would also earn a little more cash without any effort!

If they we're to do this what bonus songs would you like to see?
This is how my dream Illusions re-release would look!

UYI1:
1. Right Next Door To Hell
2. Dust N' Bones
3. Live And Let Die
4. Don't Cry
5. Perfect Crime
6. You Ain't The First
7. Bad Obsession
8. Back Off Bitch
9. Double Talkin' Jive
10. November Rain
11. The Garden
12. Garden Of Eden
13. Don't Damn Me
14. Bad Apples
15. Dead Horse
16. Coma
17. Ain't Going Down (Unreleased Bonus Track)
18. Unknown of unreleased song
19. Perfect Crime (1986 Demo) [I'm assuming that they recorded it during this period since they played it live a couple of times back then]
20. Bad Apples (Live at the Pantages Theatre, May 11 1991)
21. Coma (Live with Izzy from a show in 1991 that isn't Richfield Coliseum) [The only live recording with Izzy playing Coma is from the Richfield Coliseum show but Izzy mentioned them playing it about 3 times with him in the band during this interview http://www.a-4-d.com/t577-1993-04-dd-interview-with-izzy)

UYI:
1. Civil War
2. 14 Years
3. Yesterdays
4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
5. Get In The Ring
6. Shotgun Blues
7. Breakdown
8. Pretty Tied Up
9. Locomotive
10. So Fine
11. Estranged
12. You Could Be Mine
13. Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)
14. My World
15. Crash Diet (Unreleased Bonus Track)
16. Unknown of unreleased song
17. You Could Be Mine (1987 Demo) [I'm assuming that it's been recorded back then since it was written during AFD pre-production]
18. Breakdown (Live at The Centrum, December 6 1991)
19. Locomotive (Live at Shoreline Amphitheatre, July 19 1991)

Blu-Ray:
06.23.91 - Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
This show would be great to get since the band (According to GNRontour.com) played a 3 hour long set and since there is not any recordings available expect for the one recorded by the band and that is being locked up in the infamous vault. 

• Like 1

I always thought it was a tragedy that Bring it back home was left off that record. In that demo when the breakdown starts "Call your lover in the mornin, when you have your cup of tea" is pure magic. Axl's most Dan McCafferty moment in my book. I wouldn't hold your breath for a 25th anniversary edition though. Just another Sunday, Crash Diet and Too Much Too Soon would all be cool to hear a studio version of too.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I always thought it was a tragedy that Bring it back home was left off that record. In that demo when the breakdown starts "Call your lover in the mornin, when you have your cup of tea" is pure magic. Axl's most Dan McCafferty moment in my book. I wouldn't hold your breath for a 25th anniversary edition though. Just another Sunday, Crash Diet and Too Much Too Soon would all be cool to hear a studio version of too.

I too love Bring It Back Home!

1.-Perfect Crime Documentary DVD/BR

2.- UYI 1 & 2 Remastered

3.- Live from the vault:

Live at the Forum LA 1991 2 cds/ DVD

Live at Wembley 1991 2 cds/ DVD

Live in las Vegas 1992 2 cds/DVD

Live Milton Keynes 1993 2 cds/ DVD

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

None of them songs, Crash Diet et al., have anything to do with the Illusion sessions: they are West Arkeen/Hellhouse demos from 1985. It would make more sense to put them on Appetite than Illusion.

I know Crash Diet was from '85 with Arkeen but so was Yesterdays right?

And Ain't Going Down was in fact recorded during the UYI sessions as well as in 86!

It won't happen 

But I would like them to release both albums in their rawer versions. Not as demos but finished songs without all that stupid Axl layers, all that beeps and farts, you know? No fucking medicals on Coma. No stupid phone call on KOHD, no nutcracker on deadhorse and so on. All that stuff and all that effects on songs like Get In The Ring and Perfect Crime, that double layered vocals on Locomotive, cut MyWorld and do the extended 14 Years. All that stuff prevents this album from being a great masterpeace IMO. It's still good for the quality songs on it but it could have been something special even as a double album.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Do you guys think that the band will celebrate the UYI 25th anniversary on September 17 this year? 
I would love if GN'R re-released the Use Your Illusion albums with a couple of bonus tracks (kinda like how Mötley Crüe did in 2011 with their 80s discography) and maybe also live show from the UYI Tour on a Blu-Ray (For storage purposes, I know that the tour was recorded in SD).
Since the band now a days are on good terms with each other it would make sense for them to do this right now and they would also earn a little more cash without any effort!

If they we're to do this what bonus songs would you like to see?
This is how my dream Illusions re-release would look!

UYI1:
1. Right Next Door To Hell
2. Dust N' Bones
3. Live And Let Die
4. Don't Cry
5. Perfect Crime
6. You Ain't The First
7. Bad Obsession
8. Back Off Bitch
9. Double Talkin' Jive
10. November Rain
11. The Garden
12. Garden Of Eden
13. Don't Damn Me
14. Bad Apples
15. Dead Horse
16. Coma
17. Ain't Going Down (Unreleased Bonus Track)
18. Unknown of unreleased song
19. Perfect Crime (1986 Demo) [I'm assuming that they recorded it during this period since they played it live a couple of times back then]
20. Bad Apples (Live at the Pantages Theatre, May 11 1991)
21. Coma (Live with Izzy from a show in 1991 that isn't Richfield Coliseum) [The only live recording with Izzy playing Coma is from the Richfield Coliseum show but Izzy mentioned them playing it about 3 times with him in the band during this interview http://www.a-4-d.com/t577-1993-04-dd-interview-with-izzy)

UYI:
1. Civil War
2. 14 Years
3. Yesterdays
4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
5. Get In The Ring
6. Shotgun Blues
7. Breakdown
8. Pretty Tied Up
9. Locomotive
10. So Fine
11. Estranged
12. You Could Be Mine
13. Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)
14. My World
15. Crash Diet (Unreleased Bonus Track)
16. Unknown of unreleased song
17. You Could Be Mine (1987 Demo) [I'm assuming that it's been recorded back then since it was written during AFD pre-production]
18. Breakdown (Live at The Centrum, December 6 1991)
19. Locomotive (Live at Shoreline Amphitheatre, July 19 1991)

Blu-Ray:
06.23.91 - Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
This show would be great to get since the band (According to GNRontour.com) played a 3 hour long set and since there is not any recordings available expect for the one recorded by the band and that is being locked up in the infamous vault. 

You've been thinking this a lot!

Something like this would be awesome.

I think this reunion opens the door for a lot of this stuff to happen.

Personally, I would like to see special editions with bonus CDs with live shows.

Call me crazy but I'd like a remaster / remix of UYI with the drums less prominent in the mix. I get the sound they were going after, but it sounds a bit dated IMO.

I would also push Izzy higher.

Edited by NicoRourke

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It won't happen 

But I would like them to release both albums in their rawer versions. Not as demos but finished songs without all that stupid Axl layers, all that beeps and farts, you know? No fucking medicals on Coma. No stupid phone call on KOHD, no nutcracker on deadhorse and so on. All that stuff and all that effects on songs like Get In The Ring and Perfect Crime, that double layered vocals on Locomotive, cut MyWorld and do the extended 14 Years. All that stuff prevents this album from being a great masterpeace IMO. It's still good for the quality songs on it but it could have been something special even as a double album.

What he said... 

8 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

i agree i would want a raw version on UYI

all the sound effects, skits and voice alternating stuff gone

Basically all the Axlisms.. Dude's ego was too big for his britches at the time. Edit out "Cool Ranch Dressing", "The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence", The jibberish at the end of breakdown, the end of Don't Cry, The Whisper and sigh, some of the layered vocals, the nut cracker, 12345678, the weird effects in TGOE, .... Just delete KOHD because that version is horrid.. They did such a cool version of that song prior to that.. Too bad they couldn't have captured the spirit of the Ritz version in the studio.

Too bad the couldn't capture the raw and heaviness of You Could Be Mine on some of the other rockers.

They were still strong records but could have been so much better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Basically all the Axlisms.. Dude's ego was too big for his britches at the time. Edit out "Cool Ranch Dressing", "The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence", The jibberish at the end of breakdown, the end of Don't Cry, The Whisper and sigh, some of the layered vocals, the nut cracker, 12345678, the weird effects in TGOE, .... Just delete KOHD because that version is horrid.. They did such a cool version of that song prior to that.. Too bad they couldn't have captured the spirit of the Ritz version in the studio.

Too bad the couldn't capture the raw and heaviness of You Could Be Mine on some of the other rockers.

They were still strong records but could have been so much better.

That's exactly what I meaned. The only thing I disagree is KOHD. Their 80s version is awesome and for me it's their best, but I love the UYI-version, too, up until the second solo. Then they should have fade it out because all after that is pur garbage and makes the song worthless and unlistable.