Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

40 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Just putting myself in Pitman's shoes......I'm in "Guns N'Roses", I'm touring with "Guns N'Roses", I probably have a bond with Axl over the years. So, he didn't pay me back that $140,000, but I assume he will, eventually, and being in "Guns N'Roses" is benefiting me financially when we go on tour, etc....but then Axl re-groups with the old band and leaves me out? Well I know I'm not getting the money owed to me and now I'm not as willing to let it slide because of personal relationships. 

Why would you let it slide for seven months, instead of suing right when you were booted from the band? Why wouldn't you even mention it publicly, as long as you were busy bashing the reunion? And why hasn't anyone else from NuGuns had similar issues?

Also, anyone with a brain in any business knows you just don't do that. Regardless if the employer is your best buddy, your older sister or your high school sweetheart, you don't continue to work for them if they have not paid you. You certainly don't continue to work for them for *years* when they've done two residencies, have turned a profit from them and still have not paid you. I mean...NuGnR's last performances together were in 2014. From 2014 to when Pitman was let go in February 2016, the band did nothing. And it still didn't occur to him them to sue?

I just don't think that Pitman's telling the truth here. Something about it doesn't line up.

Edited by stella

Isn't it weird we almost saw Slash and Pitman on the same stage together? I'm glad he got fired, he was a total tool and acted like he played an essential part in making GN'R what it was. 

"I quit the cash-grab tour because they just wanted to play the old songs and I have integrity as an artist" inb4 touring Chinese Democracy with the band for 13 years...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Axl deserves this. He should've known since the beginning that ending GNR and hiring a lot of nobodies to play for him would come back to bite him in the ass sooner or later. Stupid mofo wasted his best years surrounded by assholes making shitty music. Should've apologized  to Slash a long time ago.

Someone give this man a cigar. 

The whole pitman thing is just emblematic of how dysfunctional everything else is in GNR.

Should have kicked all these useless bloodsuckers on his payroll to the curb like Del James, Fernando, the smurfette, etc -- hired a real manager and begged Izzy to rejoin the band. 

• Like 3

Wasn't it suggested or something Pitman was responsible partially or fully for the lawsuit against Rhiad? I could be wrong just seems I remember at least talk going around about it. Maybe someone else will remember more on it.

I believe it was a million dollars?

His position title in the lawsuit according to TMZ makes me think this was album work. 

I wonder why he's being referred to as an engineer? For TMZ purposes ex band member would be a better clickbait headline, perhaps the person writing the article has no idea that Pitman was ever 2nd keyboardist. I'm guessing he's presenting himself as an engineer in the lawsuit because that's what the alleged missing money pertains to.

Somehow I didn't think we'd heard the last from Chris just as I'm fairly certain we'll hear from BBF again at some point. Goes without saying though if he is owed the money he should be paid promptly.

14 hours ago, Juliette said:

Yeah but what surprise me a lot is he waited 4 or 5 years to sue..Why didn`t he demand  before? It is weird. If the band wasn`t pay him ok. Anyhow, I think is the management  of GNR the responsible, I guess. 

Because he was a Member of the band...??!!! There is nothing weird about this. What do you think would have happened to him, if he had sued AXL/GNR in 2012? Promotion?

Edited by Fele