11/05/16 Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium *2nd Show*

gunsguy

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I defended Axl for being sick, I defended him for taking on such a tough schedule, I tried to excuse his voice by saying maybe he just lays off a bit bc the crowds are so loud, I said maybe he can't hear himself well, maybe ACDC wore him thin...

now idk what to say, I'm worried something's wrong. He's got such a long tour to go, hopefully he turns it around. You're fooling yourself if you say he sounds fine. 

Axl has fronted two very large and very demanding bands for almost 7 months straight, which has required him to alternate between different styles, songs and situations. It's no surprise that he is sounding slightly different now than what he was before. That said, he is getting better every day, so just let him get back into it after his 2 month break from GNR (and 2 month stint with AC/DC).

• Like 1

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl has fronted two very large and very demanding bands for almost 7 months straight, which has required him to alternate between different styles, songs and situations. It's no surprise that he is sounding slightly different now than what he was before. That said, he is getting better every day, so just let him get back into it after his 2 month break from GNR (and 2 month stint with AC/DC).

Hopefully! I don't hear much improvement yet, but 2014 SA he was terrible and turned it around in Vegas, so I think we could see some improvement once he leaves SA

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I hope you're some secret insider who knows this for a fact. I want Axl to have good run, I want to see him perform on live tv again, I want to see him at his best over the next year or so. 

Sorry can't give you that hope but on occasion, recovering form a medical condition, I can sing Catfish John. 

Just now, Blackstar said:

There's also the chat option. I entered there some times during the NA tour and it was all real time nitpicking ("crack here", "he mickey-ed this line", etc).

Were any of you around for the chat during the lifetime achievement award thing...I can't recall laughing harder in my entire life. But that was when guys like Magisme was here and the comments were so brutal it became funny. There was no way a show could have gone worse besides Bridge School but I don't make fun of that

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Hopefully! I don't hear much improvement yet, but 2014 SA he was terrible and turned it around in Vegas, so I think we could see some improvement once he leaves SA

Comparing tonight's show with the first SA show, i think there is an improvement. Yesterday's show could almost rival some of the US concerts, in my opinion...

They will be having a break after SA, so his voice might go down again, but they have Oceania after that. In any case, i'm sure he will be fine. He still doesn't sound as bad as he has in the previous 5 years.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Comparing tonight's show with the first SA show, i think there is an improvement. Yesterday's show could almost rival some of the US concerts, in my opinion...

They will be having a break after SA, so his voice might go down again, but they have Oceania after that. In any case, i'm sure he will be fine. He still doesn't sound as bad as he has in the previous 5 years.

Idk I only heard Jungle and Out ta get me bc I wanted to hear him sound good and it was bad...then I heard SCOM was a disaster. 

Hes on par with 11-14 for me right now 

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There's also the chat option. I entered there some times during the NA tour and it was all real time nitpicking ("crack here", "he mickey-ed this line", etc).

Lol. Looks like the periscope guy was reading this thread and shut the stream down right on time to save this forum from a riot :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl created a monster, people were used to see the "wild beast" who could outstage tom petty on his own song

• Like 2