Who else wants them to bring back the acoustic set?

Yup, another setlist thread :P

They're playing markets in North America this summer that are pretty close to the ones they played last summer. A total overhaul of the setlist isn't gonna happen, but who else wants them to bring back an acoustic mini-set? It'd give them a reason to play Patience earlier and Don't Cry in the encore, instead of alternating them, and they could add a couple songs in permanently (Used To Love Her would be a staple, they could add You Ain't The First and You're Crazy, maybe even do an acoustic Catcher In The Rye like in 2010). As great as the shows I saw last year were, I'd be kinda bummed if the ones I'm seeing this year are the exact same.

A setlist like this would be perfect:

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Live And Let Die
Attitude
Rocket Queen
Double Talking Jive / extended solo
-------
Patience
You Ain't The First
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy -or- Catcher In The Rye
(depending on how raspy Axl feels like singing)
Knockin On Heavens Door
-------
Coma -or- Locomotive
Out Ta Get Me
Yesterdays
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
My Michelle
I.R.S.
Godfather / Blues Jam / Sweet Child O' Mine
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Estranged
Paradise City

Replace Better with I.R.S., make This I Love an alternate song, and they could throw in something different every now and then like Nice Boys, Street of Dreams, There Was A Time, or any UYI deep cut on top of that setlist and it would be fucking epic.

They could easily keep the core of the setlist the same to satisfy the people just there to hear the hits, while changing it up enough that people like us who follow the tour and go to multiple shows don't get the same show we saw last year.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

33 minutes ago, Padme said:

Me! Where do I sign? :headbang: I say the can rotate Coma and Locomotive as well as a couple of CD songs. That's a bad ass set list you came up with. I would add Dead Horse to the acoustic set instead of CITR

Dead Horse would be killer but if Axl feels like he needs to sing clean instead of raspy on certain nights, I'd rather hear CITR since the clean voice actually fits it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Actually I'm a fan of acoustic sets but in this case, after a 24 years departure of GNR in Europe I hope they'll rocking the shit out of us. If they start a second world tour or come again to europe like they do with NA, then I'm all for it 

Fair enough, the setlist as it is now is awesome, but when they come back to NA an acoustic set would be a great way to switch it up.

• Like 1

On 04.02.2017. at 7:27 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Yup, another setlist thread :P

They're playing markets in North America this summer that are pretty close to the ones they played last summer. A total overhaul of the setlist isn't gonna happen, but who else wants them to bring back an acoustic mini-set? It'd give them a reason to play Patience earlier and Don't Cry in the encore, instead of alternating them, and they could add a couple songs in permanently (Used To Love Her would be a staple, they could add You Ain't The First and You're Crazy, maybe even do an acoustic Catcher In The Rye like in 2010). As great as the shows I saw last year were, I'd be kinda bummed if the ones I'm seeing this year are the exact same.

A setlist like this would be perfect:

Hide contents

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Live And Let Die
Attitude
Rocket Queen
Double Talking Jive / extended solo
-------
Patience
You Ain't The First
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy -or- Catcher In The Rye
(depending on how raspy Axl feels like singing)
Knockin On Heavens Door
-------
Coma -or- Locomotive
Out Ta Get Me
Yesterdays
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
My Michelle
I.R.S.
Godfather / Blues Jam / Sweet Child O' Mine
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Estranged
Paradise City

Replace Better with I.R.S., make This I Love an alternate song, and they could throw in something different every now and then like Nice Boys, Street of Dreams, There Was A Time, or any UYI deep cut on top of that setlist and it would be fucking epic.

They could easily keep the core of the setlist the same to satisfy the people just there to hear the hits, while changing it up enough that people like us who follow the tour and go to multiple shows don't get the same show we saw last year.

One big black hole in that setlist: Where is The Fuckin' Seeker?

On 2/5/2017 at 10:04 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Sounds good but not sure if a Stadium is where I'd want to see it. Or with this line up even. I'd give it a shot anyway.

This. Unless they plan to turn the volume straight up. If they went acoustic in a stadium setting people would get bored and all you would hear is everyone eventually talking. Its sad to say, but its true. Especially if they busted out a song like Catcher that maybe 1/4th of the audience knows. 

This is something for an Arena setting, which i hope we see an arena tour by 2019..

Back on topic, any change at this point that isn't just an alternate song, or one thats played in a blue moon would be nice. They have SO much material, but yet so little compared to other bands of their era, but these songs just aren't getting played.  I would love to see a show where they bring back TWAT. 

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

This. Unless they plan to turn the volume straight up. If they went acoustic in a stadium setting people would get bored and all you would hear is everyone eventually talking. Its sad to say, but its true. Especially if they busted out a song like Catcher that maybe 1/4th of the audience knows. 

This is something for an Arena setting, which i hope we see an arena tour by 2019..

Back on topic, any change at this point that isn't just an alternate song, or one thats played in a blue moon would be nice. They have SO much material, but yet so little compared to other bands of their era, but these songs just aren't getting played.  I would love to see a show where they bring back TWAT. 

Is that the case when they play Patience or UTLH now though? Those are acoustic songs that are hits. Play You Ain't The First between them and maybe one song after then end it with KOHD, I'd think the casual fans would still be entertained. It would be cooler in an arena though, I'll give you that.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 3:10 AM, Free Bird said:

Actually I'm a fan of acoustic sets but in this case, after a 24 years departure of GNR in Europe I hope they'll rocking the shit out of us. If they start a second world tour or come again to europe like they do with NA, then I'm all for it 

I'm whith this. And I absolutely love acoustic shit. But not on their first tour back together.