Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

I read The Mysterious Death of Kurt Cobain - Murder or Suicide: You Decide

I came to the conclusion that Courtney tampered with the note and maybe was orchestrating things. Like why call an electrician to install lights on the greenhouse 2 days after his death? 

This is what led Grant to think she was involved in a conspiracy. But she didn't have him killed. 

Edited by wasted

I've been catching up on some classics of English Literature and have in the past two months read; Heart of Darkness, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, The Time Machine, Wizard of Oz, and Robinson Crusoe. They have all been enjoyable and something apart from the stuff I would normally read. Robinson Crusoe was a great read and I defiantly would recommend it to anyone interested in a meticulously constructed survival story that deals with both the physical and mental side of severe isolation and struggling to survive in the wilderness.

Next I think I'll read either Persuasion, or Around the World in Eighty Days. Anyone have any recommendations for their favorite English Lit. classics?

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I've been catching up on some classics of English Literature and have in the past two months read; Heart of Darkness, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, The Time Machine, Wizard of Oz, and Robinson Crusoe. They have all been enjoyable and something apart from the stuff I would normally read. Robinson Crusoe was a great read and I defiantly would recommend it to anyone interested in a meticulously constructed survival story that deals with both the physical and mental side of severe isolation and struggling to survive in the wilderness.

Next I think I'll read either Persuasion, or Around the World in Eighty Days. Anyone have any recommendations for their favorite English Lit. classics?

Around the World in Eighty Days is French! 

Dickens: wherever you go there is gold but try perhaps David Copperfield, Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations first. Try also Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes shorts - you can buy collected editions - and The Hound of the Baskervilles. Treasure Island and Kidnapped (you've already read Jekyll and Hyde by Stevenson). Try also Sir Walter Scott if you liked Dickens, Waverley, Rob Roy, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wasted said:

Did you read Monster of Florence?

Never hear of it. Who wrote it? Let me know and maybe I will check it out.

I usually read mysteries and horror novels. That title sounds interesting.

Thanks.

The new Preston and Childs book has Gideon Crew novel. They also write Pendergast books too. Love that character so much.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

thanks for the heads up. I ordered the book from amazon.

I have read all of Lincoln Childs books but never any Preston's books. this sounded very cool.

When I read it there was talk of a movie. I’m not sure what happened to it. Tom cruise bought the rights. The Clooney was involved. 

The whole thing plays into the Amanda Knox thing. 

I think Inread some Child Preston books too. White Fire. 

Edited by wasted

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh yeah, I remember the Knoxx story.

Well, I pre-ordered it. Not sure when I will actually read it. I have tons of favorite writers who write all the time, so I have a lot of books to read.

I was reading Peter May books there’s about 80 of them. 

There’s a short cheap thing called Trial by Fury also by Preston. 

Edited by wasted

Lately I've been reading a lot about WW 2 again, specifically about everything that happened in the town I grew up in. For a very small town (maybe population of 1000 during those years) quite a lot happened and it was in the front line for several months during the last months of the war. A lot has been documented, from diary entries of British and German soldiers, to stories from the locals, but also the Jewish children that hid there and made it out alive to tell their story. It's fascinating.

Edited by EvanG

Crimson Lake by Candice Fox

Candice has written two books with author James Patterson

22 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Nearly finished Guilty Wives by James Patterson.

Finally got around to Marvel's Civil War II.

I know I've read GW, but since I read so many books, I don't recall this one, but I know I read it. lol

Haha, that was supposed to go in the pets thread.

Here’s my current read. As well as sound advice it has some nonsense in. If I suggested to my clients that they psychometrically profile their customers, I’d be shown the door quickly.

94D76566-B091-40D6-8B92-00A06D435A86.jpeg

Just saw this thread, which is weird because I'm an avid reader.

I just finished "A Curious Mind" by Brian Glazer and have moved on to "Janesville: An American Story" and after that will read "Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City".

The last one is gonna be interesting to me because I've been purchasing rental properties lately.