LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 3/26/2019 at 2:58 AM, vloors said:

So slash says happy bday to everyone under the sun including elton john today but doesnt bother with Frank Ferrers which is also today. I find that funny lol

1 hour ago, nikosgnr said:

Again , " woke Axl ".

7 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Yikes.  I always thought of Axl as a rebel, intelligent, and capable of thinking for himself.  Not just another one falling in line with all the other Hollywood millionaires.  He’s become another Stern.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Exactly. Btw, I’m fascinated by all these people who say that Axl should shut up on the twitter about this stuff or politics in general. It’s like, you’re a singer and have no business venturing into anything else. (Just shut up and sing.) But Axl’s always been into politics in his own way. And where is it written that he can’t have his say? What have all these smartass complainers achieved in their own lives then? At least he’s a publicly known person, known for something he’s achieved, while these are nobodies being smart on an internet forum, and nobody cares what they think. 
Humbleness. Humbleness is what people lack in these times of spoiled millennials who have a firm opinion on everything and think the world owes them something. These are the same people who bitch about playlists of shows they didn’t even attend, but just because they watch shitty streams on the internet, they think everything sucks and they are right to criticize it...

Wow. Harsh but true. 

You know we millennials get blamed for killing the napkin industry too? :lol:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

WTF :lol: How would you know what each "smartass complainer" has achieved in their lives?

The thought of you that people on the Internet are all bums in a basement is ridiculous. There are people of all kinds and professions interacting online, some have achieved more than Axl, depending on how you define success and achievements. IMO, a doctor and a teacher are much more valuable for society than a rock singer.

Why is Rose special just because he earned fame and success in the 80s? Do you really think what he does elevates him over a science person? A bus driver? A farmer?

Obviously, he has the right to post whatever he wants in his social media accounts but it doesn't necessarily mean that he is obliged to do it or that his opinion is the big deal, or that his opinion is more valuable than that of a professor.

You don't preach humbleness by saying this kind of things, where the message is that money and Hollywood fame are the ultimate achievement in life.

You’ve completely twisted my point around. I’m not saying his opinions are more valuable than doctors’, I’m saying that if an average fan (whatever he/she does for a living) on a forum can have his/her opinion on politics and share it publicly, why a singer, out of all people, couldn’t? It seriously smells like that "just stfu and sing" attitude, that’s what I meant. That constant disgust and eyeroll over Axl’s public statements regarding DT is just lame. Would you tell a doctor or teacher to just shut up and heal/teach if they wrote something like this on twitter? No, it’s their goddamn business, isn’t it. But some people seem to act as if they thought music is the only matter Axl should make statements about, because it’s not conceivable he could or should have opinions on other things as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

"Axl should be a free thinking person.  Unless he thinks something I don't think, then he is not intelligent or capable of thinking for himself"

Exactly , this show Axl still is rebel , because he is conscious that many people criticize he about his opinions , but he don't care about it. Good for Axl.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You’ve completely twisted my point around. I’m not saying his opinions are more valuable than doctors’, I’m saying that if an average fan (whatever he/she does for a living) on a forum can have his/her opinion on politics and share it publicly, why a singer, out of all people, couldn’t? It seriously smells like that "just stfu and sing" attitude, that’s what I meant. That constant disgust and eyeroll over Axl’s public statements regarding DT is just lame. Would you tell a doctor or teacher to just shut up and heal/teach if they wrote something like this on twitter? No, it’s their goddamn business, isn’t it. But some people seem to act as if they thought music is the only matter Axl should make statements about, because it’s not conceivable he could or should have opinions on other things as well. 

I didn't twist shit. You did say something like "at least he's a publicly known person" and "what have all these smartass complainers have achieved in life?", as if Axl had more right to voice out his opinion than people who are not millionaire or a celebrity.

If 90% of the content a doctor post in their social media account was about politics, that'd be strange. But it all depends on the context, because if this doctor is the director of a public hospital and this hospital depends mainly on the money given by government, then doctor has a right to discuss politics that concern their work.

You can't ask for Axl's freedom of speech and at the same time try to limit the freedom of those who "complain", because all of it happens in a public context like Twitter. Axl knows that he is exposing his opinion to a great audience and I hope that he's also aware that for this reason, his opinion becomes subject of discussion.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't twist shit. You did say something like "at least he's a publicly known person" and "what have all these smartass complainers have achieved in life?", as if Axl had more right to voice out his opinion than people who are not millionaire or a celebrity.

If 90% of the content a doctor post in their social media account was about politics, that'd be strange. But it all depends on the context, because if this doctor is the director of a public hospital and this hospital depends mainly on the money given by government, then doctor has a right to discuss politics that concern their work.

You can't ask for Axl's freedom of speech and at the same time try to limit the freedom of those who "complain", because all of it happens in a public context like Twitter. Axl knows that he is exposing his opinion to a great audience and I hope that he's also aware that for this reason, his opinion becomes subject of discussion.

I wasn’t limiting them, it was just a figure of speech or whatever I used. I’m not talking about their right to opinion, I’m talking about Axl’s and about him being flamed for that, isn’t it clear? Like I said, Axl’s always kind of been into this stuff, and being an artist like he is, god knows he has more time than a doctor to watch this shit and then post about it. And again, I just see no reason why he should be bashed for it the way he’s been bashed here, that’s all. Forget it. 

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’m not talking about their right to opinion, I’m talking about Axl’s and about him being flamed for that, isn’t it clear?

Why you think this is complicated to understand? :lol:

It is not and I responded to it by saying that Axl's opinion on Twitter is public, therefore, flaming is expected and you can't do anything to stop it. I do see reasons for him to get bashed at it but you won't understand, since you think Axl must not be questioned for anything.

IMO, Axl understands the Twitter game better than some of his fans, otherwise, he wouldn't post anything or make his account private.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Why you think this is complicated to understand? :lol:

It is not and I responded to it by saying that Axl's opinion on Twitter is public, therefore, flaming is expected and you can't do anything to stop it. I do see reasons for him to get bashed at it but you won't understand, since you think Axl must not be questioned for anything.

IMO, Axl understands the Twitter game better than some of his fans, otherwise, he wouldn't post anything or make his account private.

Well I was only asking because it seems to me (bearing in mind my possibilities in English are very limited) that I keep saying a, and you keep objecting to b. It’s not about Axl as a public person being or not being aware of people having different opinion or whatever. Nor is it about the percentage of this kind of content on his twitter account, since when you think about it, he doesn’t tweet about anything else apart from music that much, does he.

I was merely expressing my astonishment as to how so many people here think he should not comment on these things at all. You see, that "shut up and sing" phrase is key here, that’s why I keep repeating it.

Like I said, forget it! Friday afternoon, off to have a drink.

2 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

Geez what's up with Slash's Instagram?

Nothing unusual, just the usual

• Haha 4

On 2019-03-29 at 10:14 AM, WhazUp said:

"Axl should be a free thinking person.  Unless he thinks something I don't think, then he is not intelligent or capable of thinking for himself"

Yeah, it's interesting how the ones calling out others as "snowflakes" seems to be the the most tender snowflakes around. It takes one to know one, I guess. 

2 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

true! Except that i often find older people (30-40+) the ones who complains the most on forums/facebook lol

Well, the definition of a millennial seems to be quite broad; in fact, I’m one too. : )