Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

37 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Are you interested?

Yes, of course I'm interested. 

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

He scored a record deal this year with some independent record label, so I for one am pretty excited and can't wait. Can you?

I don't understand why he couldn't get some help from Axl/Team Brazil over the past few years 

14 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I don't understand why he couldn't get some help from Axl/Team Brazil over the past few years 

To score a record deal? Because he's been a keyboardplayer with very little input in a very strange band. I don't think record companies are necessarily very interested in him... unless he's got some amazing songs, but I doubt that.

30 minutes ago, EvanG said:

To score a record deal? Because he's been a keyboardplayer with very little input in a very strange band. I don't think record companies are necessarily very interested in him... unless he's got some amazing songs, but I doubt that.

I don't think that it would be complicated to release the album at Axls own label (Black Frog).

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

He scored a record deal this year with some independent record label, so I for one am pretty excited and can't wait. Can you?

I dont get so excited cause I know how much time it can take, but I'll be the first one buying when he releases it. For no special reason, I just like his playing when it can be heard. 

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

I dont get so excited cause I know how much time it can take, but I'll be the first one buying when he releases it. For no special reason, I just like his playing when it can be heard. 

Me too. His playing reminds of the piano sound in Little Richard's music. 

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

Where exactly is the difference?

A publishing company is what composers create in order to collect royalties / get paid for the use of their music.  A label makes, prints, markets and distributes (or does part of those roles in partnerships with others).  A label would pay out   an artists share of record sales and downloads to the artists publishing company.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

A publishing company is what composers create in order to collect royalties / get paid for the use of their music.  A label makes, prints, markets and distributes (or does part of those roles in partnerships with others).  A label would pay out   an artists share of record sales and downloads to the artists publishing company.  

Well, Black Frog is marked as a label at discogs.

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

hmm.  I could be a label, I really dont know, but of course the label that released CD was Universal/ Interscope. And that could for sure include the artist label of Black Frog.  Just like Geffen distributed the Uzi Suicide of GNR.

Edit: my cd copy of CD lists Geffen as the label, in association with Redline Entertainment

Edited by soon

Just now, soon said:

hmm.  I could be a label, I really dont know, but of course the label that released CD was Universal/ Interscope. And that could for sure include the artist label of Black Frog.  Just like Geffen distributed the Uzi Suicide of GNR.

I think that Black Frog is a sub-label from Geffen, owned by Axl.

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I think that Black Frog is a sub-label from Geffen, owned by Axl.

Could be.  I believe its Axls publishing company.  I think he made it when he rearranged the royalty pay outs and was sued by Duff and Slash in the mid-2000's

1 minute ago, soon said:

Could be.  I believe its Axls publishing company.  I think he made it when he rearranged the royalty pay outs and was sued by Duff and Slash in the mid-2000's

I think he founded that label after Geffen stopped the financial support for CD in 2004.

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, but good for you, though.