Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

#bluehair #mpc #legendary #classic #rockicon #lit

Is that the return of industrial era GNR? :o

That's a valid question.  For argument's sake: IF Guns record new music, will Melissa be a part of that, or is she a band member for touring purposes only?  If she is included in studio recording, what influence will she have on the sound = decisions to be made about what is the current Guns sound (or what will it be).  So that'll take 2 years for Axl to decide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That's a valid question.  For argument's sake: IF Guns record new music, will Melissa be a part of that, or is she a band member for touring purposes only?  If she is included in studio recording, what influence will she have on the sound = decisions to be made about what is the current Guns sound (or what will it be).  So that'll take 2 years for Axl to decide.

I'm pretty sure that she will have the same input as Pitman had on CD. Keys, synths, programming, backing vocals, synth orchestra, co-producing, etc.

Edited by Sosso

I am a CD fan, but leaving that aside NR had synth orchestra, PC had synth, Garden of Eden had programming.  

Personally Im curious myself if Melissa has much of a role in a new album (sic) and hope it would be limited, but she could add some classic touches with new tech, imo.  Featuring her backing vocals in mix could maybe even give the band a few extra touring years, with her helping Axl fill out the mix live.

I dont know.  Theres no new album, lol 

Really I wonder how she'll feature on future merch.  Thats an answer I might actually get.

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

Synth has been in Guns even back in the old days, just used less...UYI's contained a ton of keys, Appetite had Paradise's synth and there were tracks such as Move to the City which had a full horn section. On both CD and UYI there were still a fair track of rock tracks that had little synth. I don't see what the big deal is.

• Like 3

I don't think that Keyboards or Synthesizers are bad for GN'Rs songs. It was the copy & paste production with software like Logic that was responsable for the overproduction on CD. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

GnR meets EDM haha. It would be interesting to hear a GnR song that's like a house/trap style combined with Slash's sound.

Not that I want a full album of that though.

Maybe not house, but a lot of electronic elements.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2017 at 0:23 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

How many GNR fans would answer with things like synths, programming, synth orchestras when asked what should be on a true guns record? Chances are: not a lot. So I don't see how his statement is not valid. It merely represents most of the fans perspective

Still, november rain is arguably their biggest hit. (But I know what you mean)

I love big production n all but i think it should remain a rarity on a gnr album. (Coming from a guy who's favorite album is c.d)

6 minutes ago, riot said:

Still, november rain is arguably their biggest hit. (But I know what you mean)

I love big production n all but i think it should remain a rarity on a gnr album. (Coming from a guy who's favorite album is c.d)

It's my favourite. With AfD as a close second 

• Like 1