Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ive got a Gibson les paul studio ebony black with gold hardware from 1995, a boss katana 50 and my pedalboard is a korg tuner, carl martin overdrive, phasers, Fab delay and a boss super chorus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gertwim said:

Ive got a Gibson les paul studio ebony black with gold hardware from 1995, a boss katana 50 and my pedalboard is a korg tuner, carl martin overdrive, phasers, Fab delay and a boss super chorus.

Solid rig! I love the Katana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 My current Rig. Is my number 1 Les Paul Goldtop 2016 with a Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton. 

Crybaby Wah  >MXR Dyna Comp> TC Electronic Cinders >  EHX Crayon> MXR Chorus > EHX Caynon and Boss RV5 into a Fender Mustang that is set to 3 modes. I got a Plexi Marshall Setting, A Fender Delux Setting, A Vox setting and Messa Dual Rectifier setting. My main thing is the Plexi   

I also got a Fender 6 string Acoustic  Epiphone 12 string acoustic, A squire P Bass with a Fender Rumble 15 Amp, and A  Squire Strat Sunburst with Seymour Duncan Staggered Pickups and the bridge tone knob taken out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a used JCM2000 TSL100 and a Palmer PDI-03 cab simulator for it. It arrives in 2 days

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2020 at 2:48 AM, Mendez said:

I just bought a used JCM2000 TSL100 and a Palmer PDI-03 cab simulator for it. It arrives in 2 days

Nice, check out this out: 

TSL from 1:30, sounds amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Nice, check out this out: 

TSL from 1:30, sounds amazing.

Nice tones from the TSL for sure! Im excited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TSL is underrated. It is capable of some good tones. Robin used one with GNR I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The TSL is underrated. It is capable of some good tones. Robin used one with GNR I believe

His Ernie Ball String Theory spot convinced me to get one

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent actually tried to "dial-in" a sound yet. Heres what it sounds like using the emulated output on the amp itself. I'm slightly disappointed in the PDI-03, sounds a too dark/muddled but maybe I just need to mess with the 6 options that it has. (or just apply EQ in on recordings). Even so, that sounds better than GuitarRig modeling. I like it. At some point I need to get an actual cabinet (or a different cabinet simulator)

 

Edited by Mendez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, ZoSoRose said:

The TSL is underrated. It is capable of some good tones. Robin used one with GNR I believe

Is the TSL like the DSL  is the gain structure different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mendez said:

Havent actually tried to "dial-in" a sound yet. Heres what it sounds like using the emulated output on the amp itself. I'm slightly disappointed in the PDI-03, sounds a too dark/muddled but maybe I just need to mess with the 6 options that it has. (or just apply EQ in on recordings). Even so, that sounds better than GuitarRig modeling. I like it. At some point I need to get an actual cabinet (or a different cabinet simulator)

 

Honestly you should look into an IR loader. You can get 1000s of really high quality cab sims for cheap. I only use IRs live and for recording 

5 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Is the TSL like the DSL  is the gain structure different?

Its similar but it is a little more saturated and has the extra high gain channel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good NAMM for Line 6. They anmounced a new POD, the GO, which has all of Helix's amps and effects for $450. Thats freaking awesome. Less than half the cost of a Helix LT. I would have definitely gotten that over my Helix 2 years ago if it existed.

They also announced the HX Stomp will get 8 blocks now instead of 6. @SoundOfAGun

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Good NAMM for Line 6. They anmounced a new POD, the GO, which has all of Helix's amps and effects for $450. Thats freaking awesome. Less than half the cost of a Helix LT. I would have definitely gotten that over my Helix 2 years ago if it existed.

They also announced the HX Stomp will get 8 blocks now instead of 6. @SoundOfAGun

I have heard the 8 block thing, but only on a forum. Have they put it out in a press release?

Have you heard my new tracks?

https://soundofagun.bandcamp.com/album/new-old-stock

 

Edited by SoundOfAGun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The month following christmas has to be the best time of year to find deals.

I just got a great deal on some Sabian Apollo hats and a ride, in brand new condition. :devilshades:

 

88926989_934.jpg

88927043_934.jpg

88927057_934.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

I have heard the 8 block thing, but only on a forum. Have they put it out in a press release?

Have you heard my new tracks?

https://soundofagun.bandcamp.com/album/new-old-stock

 

It may not be a press release but its 100% confirmed with 2.9. Some cool effects and another Revv channel too.

I will listen to your new stuff this week for sure. Did you use an amp or HX amps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It may not be a press release but its 100% confirmed with 2.9. Some cool effects and another Revv channel too.

I will listen to your new stuff this week for sure. Did you use an amp or HX amps?

Sweet, could do with another couple of blocks on some presets! The tracks are a mix, some have HX amps and some are the Marshall DSL40. Some have a mix of both stomp and tube amp.

Edited by SoundOfAGun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epiphone finally fixed their fucking headstock

neck-side-500_500.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me a while to realize what changed. I thougt they would go for a new angle for the headstock, PRS-like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×