Why Do You Visit This Forum Everyday?

There's a number of you that post here daily. Many more that at least visit the site daily. With very little going on in the way of GN'R activity, other than touring, these days….well, not just these days, what draws you here?

I see many of you that post regularly taking shots constantly at Axl and certain bandmates. You guys are the worst. If you really hate Axl and the current band so much than why do you waste any time of your day visiting this site? I can't stand Justin Bieber, but I'm not going to talk shit about him on any fan forums. I've even seen messages where some of you hate both the original band and the new band. WTF? But others strongly support Axl, sometimes to the point of absurdity. You guys aren't much better. Your unwavering defense of GN'R's current business model makes you desperate, to put it nicely.

So whats my story? Well, I guess I ain't so normal either. Started when I woke up on the couch, the night new GN'R played the VMAs, in the middle of their performance. Seemed like a dream as I had no idea they were going to play. I'm a fan going back to early 88, but by the late 90s basically stopped paying attention. The night of the VMAs I started checking out various fan sites and message boards, and since then I feel compelled to check out whats going on and being said so that I stay in the know. Its weird because, lets face it, making or releasing new music is clearly no longer a priority for Axl. So why do I still care so much, especially after only one album in well over 20 years? Hard to say. I love all of the music that the band has released, old and new, and so I check out this site hoping that one day I'll read something about new music that will make it worth it. But its getting harder and harder to believe that will happen.

So whats your story?

I still post on MyGNR mainly because I enjoy a lot of the posters here and I still consider myself a moderate GNR fan, even if I like talking about them more than actually listening to them.

I used to be a big GNR fan. I'm still interested to see where Axl's career goes. I find it fascinating, given the circumstances, how some people still have the same level of enthusiasm towards Axl as I did 3+ years ago.

Two reasons.

1. To discuss the bands I like. Old GnR, New GnR, and New New GnR. All 3 bands are bands I like and that I enjoy discussing.

2. For the hope that there's some kind of news. Anything, an album release, a new song, a picture, an interview, any kind of news.

I don't think anyone here hopes Axl fails. It's just Axl hasn't given a lot of support back to the fans so it is frustrating. Everyone here would be on Axl's side if he's out performing at the top of his abilities and taking care of his image.

A lot of people here see Axl as a great artist that has given up. It's frustrating to watch one of your favorite singers sit back and act like he's in retirement. We all want to know he's still passionate about music, and doing everything he can to make GNR relevant again.

I guess everyone is here because we are waiting for the day that Axl comes back with a bang. It's exciting when Axl is relevant in music, and if he wanted the GNR name protected so badly then I hope he has big plans for it.

But again I think we are all here in support of Axl. It may seem like some hate everything he does, but everyone displays frustration differently. I hope the best for him, and look forward to exciting news in the future. I'll always try to maintain a positive attitude about the band and Axl, but I also see how he and the rest of GNR make that difficult.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't even listen to GNR on a weekly basis. Hell, as blasphemous as this has been there's still some music by them I haven't bothered to listen to.

The whole reason I got into this forum was because for whatever reason, I decided to obsess over nu-GNR. It was just such a hot topic for me. I used to cupcake the YouTube comments of nu-GNR videos but eventually that got boring and I had a few unanswered questions so I decided to look for a forum. I made the mistake of going to HTGTH first and that panned out terribly so now I'm here.

So yeah, I've gotten used to this forum enough to where I feel like I could ask my questions and get feedback from the hardcore fans and there's probably a few more that I'll ask sooner or later. It's interesting getting feedback from the people who really enjoy the band (Even if some of them are pricks).

GNR by a long shot is not my favorite band, and no fans should have to settle for the mediocre amount of shit the band has given them through it's entire existence, but for the most part I enjoy the community on here and it's interesting to see what people can still come up with to discuss. I made my name on the whole basis of thinking that people would run out of stuff to talk about, and I'm sure there any many topics that repeatedly come up, but I can gladly say I've been wronged on that idea since I've begun my tenure here.

To pretend that NuGN'R is still relevant.. But seriously, all I care about now is hearing Axl's voice on new "released" music.

Hopefully with the new tour -he is in shape with a decent voice, a revamped setlist and some new material. That will restore some faith.

Main reason would be because I'd like to see honest updates on the band and not the PR facebore, twatter, ... messages.

That said, the honesty around here also attracts people who want to see this band and its members fail (which I never understood).

I am a fan of current GnR and also like the community around it!

I'm still as excited about Guns as I was when I first became a fan.

I come here for discussion... and news. The history of the band is real interesting for me and I still enjoy listening to the music of the old and new line ups.

Because AFD, Lies, UYI 1&2, CD are the only albums I (still) listen to from beginning to end. I like many other bands/singers, but never listen to full albums, only GNR albums. It's the only band I've ever considered myself a real fan of.

I visit this forum every day because none of my friends are GNR fans, no one knows CD and no one cares. When I say I'm a GNR-fan, they give me a puzzled look :shrugs: So I guess in some ways, this is a bit like AA for me.

I enjoy reading people's opinions on music I can't discuss in real life. And I'm very curious to see where GNR goes from here.

• Like 1