Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

"Exile on Main Street"  Rolling Stones first British pressing vinyl....................considering the chaos at Nellcote during the recording of this album it is a miracle how good it is...........

Always seemed kinda well ordered to me, like a kind of a recording retreat, drugs and partying upstairs and music making downstairs, you wanna see chaos, check out how The Happy Mondays made their album in Barbados :lol:  

One thing about The Stones is they were very professional, knew when it was time to work, otherwise they wouldn’t’ve lasted so long, they were almost Stalinist about it, they dropped friends, birds, everything when it was time to put work in.

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

"Exile on Main Street"  Rolling Stones first British pressing vinyl....................considering the chaos at Nellcote during the recording of this album it is a miracle how good it is...........

I'd argue the reverse. I'd argue that the chaos is precisely what made that album so good.

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Always seemed kinda well ordered to me, like a kind of a recording retreat, drugs and partying upstairs and music making downstairs, you wanna see chaos, check out how The Happy Mondays made their album in Barbados :lol:  

One thing about The Stones is they were very professional, knew when it was time to work, otherwise they wouldn’t’ve lasted so long, they were almost Stalinist about it, they dropped friends, birds, everything when it was time to put work in.

I don't know Lenny if you read Greenfields "Exile on Main Street" book on the goings on at Nellcote it wasn't well ordered at all.  Keith would disappear and they would find him passed out upstairs  with a spike hanging out of his arm and that would be the end of music for the day.....They got it done but it was not planned out by any means if you believe Greenfield who was actually there.

500x500-000000-80-0-0.jpg

This was first piece of Nightwish I gave a listen - and was overwhelmed with power and melody of Tarja voice. Was bummed to acknowledge that this was her last with the band...

Next one (singer) wasn't that good (IMO) - but they found greatness again in Floor Jansen. Live In Wacken impressed me almost as this one...

• GNFNR 1

On 15/03/2018 at 12:30 AM, classicrawker said:

I don't know Lenny if you read Greenfields "Exile on Main Street" book on the goings on at Nellcote it wasn't well ordered at all.  Keith would disappear and they would find him passed out upstairs  with a spike hanging out of his arm and that would be the end of music for the day.....They got it done but it was not planned out by any means if you believe Greenfield who was actually there.

Well you've gotta have a bit of that, haven't you :lol:

On 3/16/2018 at 4:48 AM, -Jaro- said:

500x500-000000-80-0-0.jpg

This was first piece of Nightwish I gave a listen - and was overwhelmed with power and melody of Tarja voice. Was bummed to acknowledge that this was her last with the band...

Next one (singer) wasn't that good (IMO) - but they found greatness again in Floor Jansen. Live In Wacken impressed me almost as this one...

Superb band and very under rated. Ever hear of Kamelot? They have a very similar vibe. Check out the haunting.