No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

A friend of my agent told me that there is a serious push to bring the original band back together and the album component and corporate sponsorship for the tour are the two obstacles left to be negotiated. Apparently, Axl, Slash, and Duff have all agreed to it and once they have the two aforementioned items worked out, they'll be able to recruit the other touring members of the band (Tracy, Roberta, and Teddy Andreis), but they are holding off on that part because it could damage their plans if there is in-fighting or if someone gets their feelings hurt because they're left out and generates bad publicity.

A friend of my agent told me that there is a serious push to bring the original band back together and the album component and corporate sponsorship for the tour are the two obstacles left to be negotiated. Apparently, Axl, Slash, and Duff have all agreed to it and once they have the two aforementioned items worked out, they'll be able to recruit the other touring members of the band (Tracy, Roberta, and Teddy Andreis), but they are holding off on that part because it could damage their plans if there is in-fighting or if someone gets their feelings hurt because they're left out and generates bad publicity.

jj.gif

• Like 3

So apparently this Kaneda guy was in the apparent 3 hour meeting. I think he's fooling you all and he's actually Caram. Interesting move saying albums rdy then taking it back. What was the point of it all? If I said this stuff my thread would be banned in 2.5 seconds?

I'd like to take this time to announce that guns album will be out in 3 months followed with reunion. My insider said so.

My insider would like you to know within the last 2 seconds those plans fell apart see you in 2017

Any explanation as to why the plans have changed? Bumblefoot seems the most obvious answer but is there something else?

I'm thinking of an obvious answer, but it's not BBF. :lol:

Probably because of another member.

Yep, also known as the weakest link.

Yeah bumble or no bumble I don't think we were getting an album lol. Axl didn't even want to let bumble touch his material why would bumble matter except for touring purposes. Bumble is expendable, hire some random guitarist that is formidable if you want three guitarists. There will be 0 negative effect on your sales because the bearded fellow isn't there.

One more thing- I will never believe anyone on this forum member mod, I don't care, unless their "reliable insider" is Mr. Axl Rose lol.

Not bashing reporters at least you guys try to bring us info I thank and commend you for your efforts, because god knows the "band" ain't trying to please us. I'm beginning to be swayed into the belief that this band is done and will never progress and a Vegas act and I'm sad. Seems it's reunion or bust at this point. :/

Bumble from day one was off to a bad start. He knows nothing about the background and whats going on and he is now doing exactly what some people expected.. myself included.. and that's interviews as a member or ex-member of GNR. Bumble as far as i'm aware had no intention of ever staying for the long term. Before GNR he was a great guitarist/songwriter with a following. Now he has a worldwide audience. It was partly about self promotion and who would ever deny the guy. I even heard people say he never liked GNR in the first place back when he joined. Each to their own. I did hear he grew to love the GNR fans which is good i guess. Can't blame him for leaving when there's old members trying to get back together again. I think that Ron frankly would love to see the AFD lineup back together again, at least for a bit of time.

Edited by Route66

Each day that I come on here I think... man! I might just give up on this band. Nobody can understand why people still follow GnR or discuss them constantly online... nothing ever happens, we get no updates and for the most part the updates we do get from management are filled with contempt. 2015 without a new album is ridiculous! and I have a feeling I'll say the same thing this time next year.

Axls holding on to the Guns name is all well and good, but he has to put it to some use, don't be a lame nostalgia band, be creative, make the remainder of the Guns legacy something to be proud of! What reasoning can there be to not release an album that Axl himself said was finished? Bumbles departure might be thrown around as the reason but we all know that they can still tour / record without a 3rd guitar player if needs be, and that they could get a guy in to play the Bumble role. I think it's a pile of shit and Gnr and their brainless management team should hang it up if there's no creative urgency left in the tank.

Axl might be pissed that there's always reunion talk but it's his own fault, if he released material people would say "he's determined to make his current band work" when he doesn't release things people wonder has he split the band, has he retired and they start asking is he ready to get the old band back together. I'm not a guy who usually yells reunion! but at tis stage releasing a new gnr album filled with B-sides from CD is not a good idea, a reunion tour is a good idea for legacy reasons alone. Cd material will interest CD fans, the rest of the world has no interest in it, and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional. I'm interested in hearing it, but I'm definitely in the minority that loved CD.

How can anyone think that material that was written 10+ years ago can still be relevant today? I haven't heard anything from the album but from Axls vague descriptions it doesn't sound like a mega-hit in the waiting. In understand why he wants to release the remainder of the CD work but it needs to be done now and not in a year or two years from now.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised. It's clear Axl has no intention of releasing new music. He lied on an interview about it to avoid tougher questions. He will lie again whenever someone asks him about it. Dude will keep promising CD2 until the world completely forgets about him (soon is the word).

That's like the worst news ever. Thank you Bumblefoot, Axl, Team Brazil, Fortus, Dizzy and Kaneda for all the updates. Happy 2015 GN'R, never say never!

I'll wait for Tool, Iron Maiden, Ghost BC, Megadeth and Metallica records. Meanwhile, I can recommend you to listen the last Marilyn Manson and Faith No More.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

Gunners,

Early this year I heard from a very reliable source that Guns would be back on the road in 2015 and a new album would be out. Sadly, I've recently been told that those plans will most likely not happen.

While I hope I am wrong, I don't want you guys holding onto some rumor any longer. It's sad to think that it's been almost 7 years now since Chinese Democracy came out and we still don't have more material from that era out and about. I'm still shocked that nothing additional from that era has leaked.

To you fans that come on here everyday, god bless you. I used to be a regular on here from 2002-2008. The wait for Chinese Democracy was one of the most epic waits of my life. I'll never forget how exciting it was seeing Guns play the VMAs in 2002, how epic it was seeing them at MSG in NYC during a blizzard in December, and just how awesome it was to hear songs like Better and Prostitute for the first time. I truly believe in this band and their ability to make some of the greatest music ever.

I love Axl, Guns, the members and all of their fans. You guys truly are the greatest fans in the world and all of your waiting will hopefully be rewarded one day. In the meantime, my only advice is to enjoy what Guns music we have and explore other great music that is out there. Peace and love,

Kaneda

p.s. If anyone is ever in NYC and wants to hang, listen to some guns and play some games in my bedroom arcade, just hit me up. Google my name if you want to see my arcade :) Chris Kooluris. Much love guys...

Props for having the stones to come back and post the update.

• Like 4

Gunners,

Early this year I heard from a very reliable source that Guns would be back on the road in 2015 and a new album would be out. Sadly, I've recently been told that those plans will most likely not happen.

While I hope I am wrong, I don't want you guys holding onto some rumor any longer. It's sad to think that it's been almost 7 years now since Chinese Democracy came out and we still don't have more material from that era out and about. I'm still shocked that nothing additional from that era has leaked.

To you fans that come on here everyday, god bless you. I used to be a regular on here from 2002-2008. The wait for Chinese Democracy was one of the most epic waits of my life. I'll never forget how exciting it was seeing Guns play the VMAs in 2002, how epic it was seeing them at MSG in NYC during a blizzard in December, and just how awesome it was to hear songs like Better and Prostitute for the first time. I truly believe in this band and their ability to make some of the greatest music ever.

I love Axl, Guns, the members and all of their fans. You guys truly are the greatest fans in the world and all of your waiting will hopefully be rewarded one day. In the meantime, my only advice is to enjoy what Guns music we have and explore other great music that is out there. Peace and love,

Kaneda

p.s. If anyone is ever in NYC and wants to hang, listen to some guns and play some games in my bedroom arcade, just hit me up. Google my name if you want to see my arcade :) Chris Kooluris. Much love guys...

Don't worry, nobody believe these bullshit claims anymore (well, the sane people at least)

Any explanation as to why the plans have changed? Bumblefoot seems the most obvious answer but is there something else?

I doubt anyone is surprised by this.

Nothing specific to mention. Ron is a great friend and his departure right now is the right thing for him. I do know that the new guys never once got in the studio to record a new album, which is sad considering how talented they all are. So anything we were going to get was going to be Chinese D era stuff. Not that any of us would mind.

Wow, shocking!

Seems like anybody is an insider here, if he/she follows the various interviews....

Still hoping for a fall release. Thanks for the info though Kaneda. Just trying to stay positive. I suspect Axl will pull a Beyoncé type move and release the next album out of the blue, to stop piracy and all reasons. You could easily update Spotify and iTunes and it's in masses hands. Maybe an appearance on Jimmy Fallon to promote it, and a great marketing idea like the Dr Pepper thing.

:facepalm:

I don't think Axl's pissed that the fans want a reunion.

We know some of the songs are finished if there were songs dropped from ChiDem and planned to be released on the next album, the song titles can be changed. If Axl starts saying there's a new album coming, then there's going to be a lot of 'when is it going to be out' and he doesn't want to deal with that again. He gave a release date (at least a release YEAR) and it backfired.

Most of us will just see when it's actually out. Some of us didn't think Chinese Democracy would ever be out, lost interest in waiting around 2002, renewed interest in 2006 and the leaks and doing the new songs live were the glimmer of hope that something was coming.

That's why we were hoping they'd do a new song live....and they didn't. And that's what has us worried.

Well even IF Axl himself says that the album will be released this year even then I wont have high expectations, I went through this alot in the CD ERA, every year i heard the same thing, New album releasing in 6 months, New album in 2002, New album in early 2004, new album in 2006.

I don't know why people even start these rumors, just cause you think he will release an album this year then it doesn't means he will release it

I think that this year Slash and Axl will have Pasta together, I won't start spreading everywhere that Hey Axl and Slash will have pasta together in late 2015 for sure

No hate bro, but when you are just assuming or thinking about something, it doesn't means it will become a reality

Edit - Im Sorry for you, not sorry for me.

Edited by Slash787

Gunners,

Kaneda

anything related to the rumored defection of BBF? or better yet, rumors of a reunion?

I doubt anyone is surprised by this.

Nothing specific to mention. Ron is a great friend and his departure right now is the right thing for him. I do know that the new guys never once got in the studio to record a new album, which is sad considering how talented they all are. So anything we were going to get was going to be Chinese D era stuff. Not that any of us would mind.

That's fucking hysterical that for as long as these scabs have been playing together, they never once got into the studio to record new music. To me, that's the biggest indictment against this band and the "talent" that's left in it. To be playing together for 6 years and never once go to a recording studio, what a fucking joke Axl has become.