Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I might have to go see Steven even with that douche bag singer just to see Think About You.. The music sounds tight.

Imagine if Slash joins him for Paradise City.

I would prefer for Slash to join him on Think About You.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Guys, I have found similarities. That is 100% bits and pieces re-recorded by Slash in 2018.

Take a look at the same technique/lick that Slash has been using since his style 'progressed' in his solo career. There's no way Slash played like that in 1986.

Look for yourself. What do you think?

SOYL

And then this... It's REALLY similar.

You should post this in the Shadow of Your Love thread and see what others think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this belongs in the social media thread since it's to do with IG and Russ would probably get mad at me for creating a new thread for such a trivial matter but:

MYGNR community PLEASE help?  

Would someone please, please, please jump on Susan's IG story, before it disappears, and tell me the name of the first song Duff is playing along to, as well as the third?  Obviously, the second is Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, but I just don't know the other two.  I'm a desperate lady here.

Edit:

Never mind...grabbed someone's phone and shazamed it.:lol:  Feel free to delete this post Russ, as I don't have the option to do that...at least I don't think I do?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

4 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think this belongs in the social media thread since it's to do with IG and Russ would probably get mad at me for creating a new thread for such a trivial matter but:

MYGNR community PLEASE help?  

Would someone please, please, please jump on Susan's IG story, before it disappears, and tell me the name of the first song Duff is playing along to, as well as the third?  Obviously, the second is Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, but I just don't know the other two.  I'm a desperate lady here.

Edit:

Never mind...grabbed someone's phone and shazamed it.:lol:  Feel free to delete this post Russ, as I don't have the option to do that...at least I don't think I do?

So what were the songs?  Nothing too interesting, I suppose.  :P

8 hours ago, triad said:

So what were the songs?  Nothing too interesting, I suppose.  :P

Ha! They were Search and Destroy by Iggy and the Stooges and Even It Up by Roadcase Royale.  Last one is reminiscent of early Heart.  Love it.

With the last one, he played unaccompanied for a bit and it was like medicine for the soul to hear it.  I got a lump in my throat.  I've bloody missed hearing him live.

He was sat in his basement, surrounded by his guitars and drums and what not, very much off in his own world, and even though he was practising for an event, you can tell this is the sort of thing he does all the time just because he's a music fan.  While he was playing, Susan zeroed in on a framed picture of the band, you know the one that was taken the day they signed their contract with Geffen (and Axl was late because he'd chucked a wobbly over a contact lens?) and that was a nice moment.  I wish they'd made a proper IG video rather than a story, it was so good to hear him.  Where would we fans be without Susan and Meegan? :lol:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 5/4/2018 at 12:49 PM, scooby845 said:

Guys, I have found similarities. That is 100% bits and pieces re-recorded by Slash in 2018.

Take a look at the same technique/lick that Slash has been using since his style 'progressed' in his solo career. There's no way Slash played like that in 1986.

Look for yourself. What do you think?

SOYL

And then this... It's REALLY similar.

Don’t have the link but Slash’s gf already posted on social media that nothing was re-recorded. 

Edited by blackrose87

39 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Dennis Quaid (Actor, was married to Meg Ryan for several years) is the dude in the front row with Steven, his brother is behind them.

Thanks, i know Dennis Quaid ,but not reconigzed , then Steven brother look is enough more young what Steven, thanks again.

• Like 2